PDA

View Full Version : Growth and workout

CreatureBailey
February 17th, 2016, 09:33 PM
Does anyone like...ever started to workout or train or exercise and it helped with hair growth? Apparently being active helps.

lapis_lazuli
February 17th, 2016, 09:48 PM
Well, like anything that's good for your body is good for your hair :)
It's late here, so I can't tell you the exact science behind it but when we exercise, we sweat which expels waste. When we sweat from the scalp, it's actually unclogging the hair follicles.
Exercise also increases blood flow throughout the body, bringing more nutrients to produce hair :)
There's a bit more to it but that's the gist :p

lithostoic
February 18th, 2016, 12:59 AM
Partially to due with all the extra water consumption.

Mzteaze
February 18th, 2016, 01:54 AM
The whole point of scalp massages and inversion is to increase blood flow to the scalp. However, full body exercise improves blood flow throughout the entire system including your scalp. That's not to forget improve oxygenation, etc. Most people tend to naturally improve their eating habits to extend the effects of their workouts -again better for your hair growth. It's worth it. I've decided to exercise more frequently instead of scalp massages and inversion.

A plus, if you incorporate yoga or Pilates, you will naturally invert your head.

parkmikii
February 18th, 2016, 03:51 AM
Well, like anything that's good for your body is good for your hair :)
It's late here, so I can't tell you the exact science behind it but when we exercise, we sweat which expels waste. When we sweat from the scalp, it's actually unclogging the hair follicles.
Exercise also increases blood flow throughout the body, bringing more nutrients to produce hair :)
There's a bit more to it but that's the gist :p

I think this is true indeed. In december I did a lot of cardio and my growth got close to an inch, meanwhile in January I did mostly weightlifting and got my normal half an inch. I never thought of linking these things..
Perhaps i should add more cardio to the weightlifting. Thank you, lapis for opening my eyes! XD