PDA

View Full Version : Help me fix it

Obsidian
February 14th, 2016, 03:47 PM
I tried a clay mask on my roots to see if it would help the oil issues I've been having lately along with my SD. My scalp seemed to like it ok but my hair is a dry, icky tangled mess now. I washed it twice, applied argan oil and leave in conditioner, it still feels awful and I can smell the clay.

What can I use to help remove the residue and add some moisture back in? I can't use conditioner or protein and oil doesn't do a lot for me. I was wondering about a aloe gel and honey mask.

lapushka
February 14th, 2016, 04:13 PM
Maybe slather it in conditioner and see what that does. Shampooing it out obviously does nothing. Hmm... :hmm: What else can you do?

spidermom
February 14th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Do you use shampoo? I'm not sure clay and honey and whatever else you mentioned is going to make your SD happy.

lapushka
February 14th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Do you use shampoo? I'm not sure clay and honey and whatever else you mentioned is going to make your SD happy.

You have SD, OP? Yikes. This has not got to be pretty...

I once did use clay (made my hair less oily), but in a shampoo form, it was a shampoo containing clay, a regular good old sulfate shampoo (Garnier Ultra Doux). I believe that L'oreal do one with clay as well. Maybe look into that rather than putting clay on your scalp. I don't think it's good for SD either.

Obsidian
February 14th, 2016, 04:49 PM
I already put the clay on my scalp, its not bothering the SD at all. It the clay residue on my hair that is the issue. I need to get some moisture back into my hair but because of the SD and my short hair, I'm at a loss as what to use.

Clay is evil, not sure what I was thinking when I decided it would be a good experiment:shrug:

sumidha
February 14th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Are you showering? Maybe a ton of conditioner and mermaid soaking to get the clay residue out?

Nadine <3
February 14th, 2016, 05:50 PM
I'd clarify it, deep condition and then leave it alone until your next wash. It may feel nasty, but sometimes just leaving it alone and not messing with it further is the best thing. It will eventually work itself out.

Obsidian
February 14th, 2016, 05:59 PM
I can't use conditioner, even one use will cause my SD to flair. I did clarify already, twice. I'll do the honey/aloe mask after dinner and report back with the results.

mermaid lullaby
February 14th, 2016, 06:49 PM
I experienced with residue coatings like peanut butter, temporary wash out hair color, and eggs.

Unfortunately, the residue will be there for a few weeks and it won't be easy to wash out. Clarifying will help somewhat, but the only way is to be gentle handling your hair and wait it out.

Anje
February 14th, 2016, 06:53 PM
No conditioner, huh?

Um, making this up here... Stir some honey into some yogurt, glop it on, and leave it in for 5-10 minutes. Then rinse it out well, maybe you won't need to shampoo it?

Obsidian
February 14th, 2016, 07:15 PM
I never thought about yogurt, I'll have to keep that in mind for next time I need a DC.

I went ahead with the honey and aloe and did a mermaid rinse. It seemed to help with the tangles but it still felt like it was wanting to clump. I went ahead and used a little conditioner then mermaid rinsed for quite a long time, hopefully I got enough out it won't bother my scalp. It seemed like less got on my scalp this way then it would have in the shower. Its drying now, lets hope this helped enough that I can tolerate it until everything balances back out.

@mermaid lullaby I used some of that wash out temporary hair color a few weeks ago, thankfully I only did a small stripe. That was the worse feeling stuff I've ever put in my hair. I'll stick with my Ion Color Brilliance if I ever want fun colors, it doesn't leave a icky residue.