PDA

View Full Version : Breakage on the bottom Layer

LeMimi13
February 14th, 2016, 08:47 AM
My hair is thick abd healthy- on the outer layer. It seem like the bottom layer (closezt to the name) is very broken. I can see these factors as what has worsened it:

-flexi rods
-sleepinf in a high bun with the ends pinned to form curls
- no satin/silk pillowcase- my mom won't allow me to buy one.
-sleeping in a loose yet high ponytail

Here's the thing: i could sleep with a french braid or english braid which wouldnt expose this layer, but then I get braid waves which look horrible on my hair. My waves grt lost very easily after washing, and I strech washes, so it's hard to manage my hair keeping it good looking if I braid it at night or anything. I want to mantain the natural texture OR induce more curls with overnight methods that don't damage it and that don't hurt (restless sleeper). Tips?

lapushka
February 14th, 2016, 09:05 AM
Simple braidwaves (bigger sections) with a flexi rod at the end so you won't have straight ends. It's torrinpaige's favorite method, I think. Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0NMLSUICp4

I know you said braidwaves don't look nice, but it often depends on how you do them.

What do you mean your mom will not allow you to buy a satin pillowcase? Do you have an allowance or make your own money? Then you can darn well do what you please, or not?

LeMimi13
February 14th, 2016, 12:09 PM
I'm in high school, I've just turned 17. She thinks it's stupid (basically she judges most hair related crazy things I do).
Those waves look great! But having theroller hangongthere must hurt..