PDA

View Full Version : my hair improvement after 6 months on LHC

Mirabele
February 12th, 2016, 02:29 AM
Hello everybody! i just wanted to share how much my hair had improved since i joined LHC. I am really really very gratefull for what i have learned here. Thank you so much to all of you who share your knowledge, and answer all the questions, reading that made me realised how bad I cared for my hair before and made me realise what i can do better know. Thank you all who share photos of your beautiful long hair, you are an inspiration! thanks for showing your hairtoys, you make the journey more joufyll. thanks to all who share photos of their progress, you help me to realise everything is possible.

Now, my progress may not seem that big, i see people with gorgeous hair here all the time, but to me it is huge. I would have been happy to see results like that after a year, but seeing that after 6 months is close to a miracle to me.

I have fine thin hair that is very soft and slippery. i don't normally brush, i don't get tangles. my hair is the type that compresses a lot and doesn't keep any volume.

Before LHC i used to bleach, or highlight, wash every second day with sls shampoo, i often skipped conditioner because i have slippery hair and conditioners make it even more slippery, i don't like that. i used to blow dry my hair every second day. i used a lot of styling products to give my hair some texture and some grip, to make it less slippery and give it more volume. i used to wear my hair in ponytail witl elastic, or tiny messy but bee bun secured hard with elastic. my hair haven't seen a drop of oil. i really had no idea. i was sure i had straighter of straightest hair type.

after joining LHC i started overnight oilings. i stopped bleach some time ago, but now i said no to highlights as well. my hair just really doesn't tolerate that. my hair is also very sensitive to sun. sun makes it lighter, and it makes it weaker. it is really bad in combination with bleach/highlights. after every summer my hair would litteraly break off and scatter in small pieces everywhere on my clothes and around me. i just thought that is how my hair is. i stopped blow drying, quitted sls shampoos and cones. i started imediatelly see some changes in volume. i started to see some waves there and then, some body. my breakage gradually stopped. i just noticed one day that i no longer see around me these 1-2 cm pieces of my hair everywhere. i started to notice that my hair is not so thinned at the ends. i started to see a lot of new growth. my natural hair is much thicker that my bleached. i use lots of conditioner now and alternate between CWC and CO wash. i strech washes. i use leave -in oils.

the biggest difference is the length. it may not look much by LHC standards, but it is a lot to me! i used to think my hair doesn't grow. it does. i had no idea i always lost so much due to breakage. i had my hair at APL for several years. now, these last 6 months made a big difference.

now, the photo:
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp10/Mirabele_krist/c21284de-d79c-49be-923b-89bbdb325b34_zpsqcbgkaiz.jpg
on the left, 22 September 2015. on the right, 11 February 2016

thanks to everyone here who made this possible! :magic::magic::magic:

Sarahlabyrinth
February 12th, 2016, 03:11 AM
That's a wonderful big difference! Congratulations! ;)

diddiedaisy
February 12th, 2016, 03:57 AM
Congratulations, it's so rewarding and motivating when your hard work pays off, your hair is looking great :)

lapushka
February 12th, 2016, 04:57 AM
Looks like it's fuller - very nice! And in just 6 months, and look at the growth. Good goin', girl!!! :D

Frankenstein
February 12th, 2016, 06:36 AM
I can see a difference! Your hair looks great :)

slynr
February 12th, 2016, 06:38 AM
That's a huge difference! Congratulations:) Your persistence is paying off bigtime!

reilly0167
February 12th, 2016, 06:49 AM
Beautiful results indeed, congratulations:cheer:

pailin
February 12th, 2016, 07:06 AM
Your hair looks much happier! That's a great improvement.

Crystawni
February 12th, 2016, 07:12 AM
That is so cool! And what a lovely post, too. :) As the old quip goes; I love what you're doing to your hair, but I'd also add--and what you're not doing! The improvements are easy to see, as is your length gain.

Mirabele
February 12th, 2016, 07:16 AM
Thank you all for your nice words !!!

winship2
February 12th, 2016, 07:26 AM
Oh boy, you really have made a difference to your hair! And the changes are so simple, aren't they? Congratulations, and happy continues growing :)

lapis_lazuli
February 12th, 2016, 07:37 AM
Wow, congrats! & Beautiful hair :) Keep on going! :cheer:

andrea1982
February 12th, 2016, 07:39 AM
Your hair looks great!

Llama
February 12th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Already a vast improvement- congrats!

AJNinami
February 12th, 2016, 11:59 AM
It looks like you gained at least a 1/3 back in thickness, and it looks so much healthier! congratulations, now your pictures can inspire others. :)

hairandtherian
February 12th, 2016, 12:22 PM
Your hair looks great! I still have the exact same problem of hair that seems like it doesn't grow, so I'm really excited that you've grown your hair so much longer than its previous stopping point. I'm hoping to see that soon. I agree, the information and support here is great.

Arctic
February 12th, 2016, 04:13 PM
It must be wonderful, not having to see your hair crumble away! Yay for healthier, stronger and longer hair! :cheer:

Idreamlong
February 13th, 2016, 02:29 AM
Amazing difference in 6 months! Well done!

Mimha
February 13th, 2016, 04:33 AM
So happy that you can already enjoy the results of your efforts, Mirabele ! :) :) :) Your hemline is definitely much more defined, and the whole hair looks fuller with more body. You must have been doing the right thing ! :thumbsup: Looking forward to admiring your silky blondness flowing down your back !!

Sweets
February 13th, 2016, 04:46 AM
Your hair looks amazing! Such small changes can make the biggest difference. Good luck on your journey, and congratulations!

Mirabele
February 13th, 2016, 05:57 AM
You are so sweet all, thanks a lot!!!

Pinni
February 13th, 2016, 07:22 AM
Congrats Mirabele, I can see the difference! And like I mentioned already earlier your color is very nice.