PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite hair styles for shoulder-length hair?

DizzyGinger
February 8th, 2016, 09:56 AM
My hair is finally long enough to start doing stuff with it, woohoo! I didn't even realize how long it had gotten, as I always wear it up at home and have been sick, not leaving the house for a while, hence never wearing it down lol. I can do maiden braids except a lot of the back and very bottom falls out...it doesn't take many bobby pins to fix that. But I'd love to know what other gals like. Names of styles are super helpful as I can look them up on Pinterest!

I never thought I'd make it through the pixie grow-out alive, but thanks to LHC, my hair's longer than it's been in 6 years! Thanks guys!

missrandie
February 8th, 2016, 10:18 AM
As lame as it sounds, I love making a peacock twist when I can. But, I still have residual pixie layers, so I have to put it into a half up first, then twist and clip the bottom half. That's my go-to, as I hate having my hair on my neck. It also keeps most of the nape hairs in check.

Unzadi
February 8th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Ooh, peacock twist. I am going to have to try that. I just cut to shoulder from bsl, to get rid of damage, so interested in seeing what this new length can do.

With my whopping one day of experience, shoulder length pigtails are super duper cute, and I like a sleek low ponytail as well.

Loveisaverb
February 8th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Sock buns are a favorite of mine at this length, It doesn't come undone and it holds.

sommer
February 8th, 2016, 12:56 PM
I just like how looks my hair at the current time (yes, finally it became really long! :) ) but I'm not such type of person who really likes to style it :D I just prefer to make simple braids and high or low ponytails, it's comfortable and looks nice. My only obsession for my now long hair is to change it colours but not for the whole hair, I mean only adding some colourful highlights on my base colour, smth like this http://tophairstyles.net/best-dark-brown-hair/8/ Now I look similiar to the 8th girl from this link, just the colours are different, I've chosen red, blue and grey :cool:
Oh and sometimes I make goddes braids for special occasions! :)

mermaid lullaby
February 8th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Hmm...you should try braid waves :)

Arctic
February 8th, 2016, 04:26 PM
I have lot of styles in my blog. I started my style project for shoulder to shoulder+ length hair at around collarbone length, but I had done many of them even before. Much depends on the hair type variations (thhickness being a biggie), but I'm sure there is something to everyone. Adapting is also a good skill to learn :)

I didn't even get around to photograph all the styles I had planned, as my hair grew and I got busy and lost the spark.