PDA

View Full Version : Lapushka's 10+ year anniversary.

lapushka
January 30th, 2016, 04:49 AM
I don't have many pictures to show, so I'd like to explain a little about my journey.

I started here with chin length. Tried to grow it and through the experiments with henna and regular dyes I got to be about BSL. Then bleach came into the picture, a few perms along the way (in no particular order), and all sorts of experiments with wanting to go natural in the mean time, WO, CO, CWC, you name it. I learned that I basically needed to listen to my hair and scalp and what it wanted, rather than push a method or product on it that it didn't want. It's about what your hair (&scalp) wants, not what you want!

I ruined my hair twice, so I had to cut to chin twice. The last time was the one that broke the camel's back as I had a chemical cut & burn to boot. So that was IT, no more, and I was able to grow out my hair from there.

I started with chin, and finally got to classic+ last year. So I can say, that with all the experimenting, I got there (after 10 years) in the end. :)

Just to give you an idea of what my hair looks like, this is it at TBL, probably one of the last pictures that was taken.

TBL (stretched)
https://i.imgur.com/YyrelP3.jpg

Its standard LWB.
https://i.imgur.com/KMG1joL.jpg

PristineAllure
January 30th, 2016, 05:15 AM
Beautiful!!!!! I love your natural waves, and I love the natural color as well.

gossamer
January 30th, 2016, 05:24 AM
Love hearing your background that got you to your current hair happiness! 10 years? The forum wouldn't be the same without you!

school of fish
January 30th, 2016, 05:38 AM
Congratulations on 10 years! Your hair is absolutely beautiful!

I have to agree with gossamer, the forum would not be the same without you. You have a great deal of wisdom behind that mane and you share it freely. Whenever I see notice you've responded to someone's question, I pay attention to what you have to say! I think what I appreciate most is how you manage to be very supportive but don't sugarcoat your advice :)

You have earned those 10 years! Thank you for continuing to share your own experiences and wisdom to those of us who are newer on the hair journey :D

earthybee
January 30th, 2016, 05:42 AM
Your hair is stunning! :crush: I don't think I've ever seen it before. Congratulations on classic your wave pattern is exactly like my oldest daughter's I have to show her this. :applause simply lovely Lapuska!

lapushka
January 30th, 2016, 05:57 AM
Love hearing your background that got you to your current hair happiness! 10 years? The forum wouldn't be the same without you!

I have to agree with gossamer, the forum would not be the same without you. You have a great deal of wisdom behind that mane and you share it freely. Whenever I see notice you've responded to someone's question, I pay attention to what you have to say! I think what I appreciate most is how you manage to be very supportive but don't sugarcoat your advice :)

I don't know if some of it gets lost in translation, but in Dutch (on the Dutch forum) I am known to be rather "blunt". :lol: I just say what I have to say, mostly. :o But I'm always nice about things, I hope! I do hope that!!! Some things seem pretty straightforward to me, and that is what I express... I guess. :)

This means a lot to me, you guys! :D

pailin
January 30th, 2016, 06:03 AM
Wow, 10 years! Congratulations on 10 years, and on having amazing hair to show for it!
I'll agree with the posters above me- I really appreciate your presence on this forum.

Arctic
January 30th, 2016, 06:12 AM
Congratulations! I love this forum because it's so rare to find online communities where people actually stay!

Your hair looks beautiful, I have seen your photo before, but before I had seen it, I had thought your hair to be golden blonde! I don''t know why, perhaps because of your avatar? (Which is very nice!)

It's so nice to see people who embrace their hair 100%, and you have certainly been an inspiration to many (in many ways)!

bunneh.
January 30th, 2016, 06:16 AM
Big congratulations to you, that's a lovely period to be participating in a forum and your hair looks amazing! :D

slynr
January 30th, 2016, 06:29 AM
Thanks for sharing. Your hair is gorgeous. I always appreciate reading your input and enjoy your thoughtful, knowledgeable and thorough comments. You are very valuable to the community. Congratulations in your big 10!

lapushka
January 30th, 2016, 06:30 AM
Congratulations! I love this forum because it's so rare to find online communities where people actually stay!

Your hair looks beautiful, I have seen your photo before, but before I had seen it, I had thought your hair to be golden blonde! I don''t know why, perhaps because of your avatar? (Which is very nice!)

It's so nice to see people who embrace their hair 100%, and you have certainly been an inspiration to many (in many ways)!

It was lighter at one point, and I have had that picture posted before, it was a golden (because of heavy sun) /dark blonde. But now, it's just gotten so ashy in recent years that it can't any longer be called blonde (not by any stretch of the imagination).

lapushka
January 30th, 2016, 06:31 AM
Thank you so much, you guys. It truly warms my heart to see people care so much. :D

georgia_peach
January 30th, 2016, 06:41 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary, Lapushka! :toast::blossom:

I, too, appreciate your forthright approach on this forum and have learned a lot from your posts. This is an awesome community and you are great asset! Here's to another 10 years!

chen bao jun
January 30th, 2016, 06:59 AM
Beautiful.
Agree with all that you are a great asset to LHC.

Mimha
January 30th, 2016, 07:21 AM
10 years ?? :bigeyes: :thud:

Woohoooo !! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Happy 10 year annivhairsary then, Lapushka !! :toast: Your hair must be totally thudworthy now, if I judge from this last picture of yours ! :) :)

Thank you for sharing your journey and valuable experiences with us, and also thank you so much for your kind presence, your honesty, and your welcoming attitude to any newcomer ! Wishing you many many years of hair satisfaction to come, and hoping to see you in here for loooooong as well !! :love: :flowers:

lapushka
January 30th, 2016, 07:22 AM
You guys are so sweet... *melt*

Mimha
January 30th, 2016, 07:55 AM
Oh, and I forgot : a special hello and thanks to your Mom, who is doing a great job on her hair model !!! :D

Arctic
January 30th, 2016, 07:57 AM
It was lighter at one point, and I have had that picture posted before, it was a golden (because of heavy sun) /dark blonde. But now, it's just gotten so ashy in recent years that it can't any longer be called blonde (not by any stretch of the imagination).

You might be right, maybe I've seen some photos with blonde hair years ago, I was away from the forums (bar few yearly visits) for several years inbetween. That would explain my strong visual :)

Oh, and I forgot : a special hello and thanks to your Mom, who is doing a great job on her hair model !!! :D

Agreed, well done mom, too!

reilly0167
January 30th, 2016, 08:01 AM
Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary!!!! I appreciate your honesty and value your advice. I always look forward when I read the forums and see your name and I go straight to it first. My thoughts are "oo what does Lapushka say?" Thank you for all you do:)

diddiedaisy
January 30th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Congratulations, wow 10 years!!! Your hair looks great on those pics :)

Wildcat Diva
January 30th, 2016, 08:45 AM
I always enjoy reading what you have to say. I'm thankful you are here. Beautiful hair to go with a lovely personality. You really make a difference with your words. Congratulations on a decade here.

Beborani
January 30th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Beautiful hair and as othes have said you have made a huge impact on this forum. Happy growng.

spidermom
January 30th, 2016, 09:24 AM
A decade with lapushka; it's been a pleasure. You may be blunt, but you're also respectful.

Swan Maiden
January 30th, 2016, 09:42 AM
That's amazing lapushka.

lapushka
January 30th, 2016, 09:45 AM

She's amazing. I'm glad she's willing to put up with my antics. :lol:

Llama
January 30th, 2016, 09:58 AM
I'm so glad you have stuck around! I, too, value your input :)
I don't think I've ever seen a picture of your hair before but it is gorgeous!

embee
January 30th, 2016, 10:00 AM
Congratulations on 10 years. :) And on reaching classic at last. Pretty waves, wish I had some!

CoveredByLove
January 30th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Aww! Reading your amazing story was so inspiring! :blossom: You were so extremely helpful to me when I was a newbie (and u still are!) It was a game changer for me when u told me to quit trying to make my hair like a certain routine and just give it what it wants! :lol: I too was trying to be more natural with my hair care and it just wasn't working for me. Thank you, Lapushka for all your helpful words across the forum! Your hair is gorgeous and so thick! :thud: Congrats!

lapushka
January 30th, 2016, 10:30 AM
Aww! Reading your amazing story was so inspiring! :blossom: You were so extremely helpful to me when I was a newbie (and u still are!) It was a game changer for me when u told me to quit trying to make my hair like a certain routine and just give it what it wants! :lol: I too was trying to be more natural with my hair care and it just wasn't working for me. Thank you, Lapushka for all your helpful words across the forum! Your hair is gorgeous and so thick! :thud: Congrats!

You're welcome. You all are! I try to be helpful where I can. I hope I never hurt someone's feelings along the way, and if I did, I apologize.

I still wish I could go a more natural route, but it's not going to happen due to the SD, and it's better I respect that or my scalp will take its bloody revenge on me (not pretty). :lol:

elsieivy
January 30th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Congratulations! I love reading your posts and it was fun to read about your hair's journey!

roseomalley
January 30th, 2016, 11:09 AM
Congratulations Lapushka! Your hair is beautiful! I respect your knowledge and always look forwaed to your posts. May your beautiful hair bring you many, many years of enjoyment.

Beatrixity
January 30th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Congratulations on 10 years!!! :joy: :joy: :joy:
LHC really wouldn't be the same without you. :)
You should celebrate by getting yourself a hairtoy

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
January 30th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Wow! Ten years is a long time, glad you've stuck around! :cheese:

lapis_lazuli
January 30th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Lovely hair!!! Congrats on 10 years! :applause:toast:
Echoing everyone else, LHC wouldn't be the same without you. You are so very wise with so much knowledge to share.
Here's to hitting FTL by the end of 2016! :bottomsup:

Nesoi
January 30th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Congrats on your decade, Lapushka! Thanks for being such a lovely presence here on the forums :)

Kimberly
January 30th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Happy Anniversary, Lapushka! Your hair is long and lovely -- an inspiration -- and you know I value your posts. :-)

gregh
January 30th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Congrats! thats a lot of persistence, and it looks very nice.

lapushka
January 30th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Thank you guys! :blossom:

You should celebrate by getting yourself a hairtoy

Oooh... but no, I recently got the curly tee towels (lots of import duties there), so I'm still recovering from that. :lol:

butterflybutton
January 30th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Congratulations lapushka, you've come such a long way!!!

AJNinami
January 30th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Congratulations! I've seen you around the forum and I know that many would still be struggling if not for your insight and suggestions. Your hair is beautiful, and I'm so glad you reached your goal length. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
January 30th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Lapushka - ten years? I never knew you had been here that long. No wonder you give such good down-to-earth advice with no sugar coating. Like others have said, if I see your name I always go to see what you have to say because it will always be well worth the read. You are always so helpful and sensible and your hair so beautiful and healthy that it really does pay to take note of your advice. You are much loved and respected on LHC and I can't imagine it without you. Happy 10th Hairiversary, dear Lapushka :flower:

FallingDarkness
January 30th, 2016, 02:10 PM
OMG YOUR HAIR <3 It's basically my dream hair no joke. Dark, thick, flowing all the way down your back, those gorgeous natural waves... Soooooooooooo pretty. Congratulations on finally having a gorgeous, HEALTHY, perfect mane!

lapushka
January 30th, 2016, 02:20 PM
I am so blushing :o :o :o It took me 10 years to realize I didn't need perms, bleach, henna, or conventional dyes. I hope others "see the light" a little sooner than I did. ;) If there's one thing to take from this story... it's pretty much that. I experimented like a nutcase when I first got here. I was so fickle, red hair, blonde hair, almost black hair - I couldn't make up my mind. And then the washing methods (ouuuch my poor scalp) and the product use (yeah, still not over that :lol: ;)).

But it's a fun place to be!

Pinni
January 30th, 2016, 02:26 PM
Congrats 10+ hairversary! Your hair is stunning and I like reading your comments and advices here.

vpatt
January 30th, 2016, 03:35 PM
Lapushka, I know I am repeating what others have already said.....you are so free with your knowledge and also kind. Sometimes here I feel silly because I flit from one method to another and yet I never hear negative words from you for my flightiness. Congratulations on your ten years!!

EdG
January 30th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Happy 10 years! :toast:
Ed

lapushka
January 30th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Happy 10 years! :toast:
Ed

Thanks Ed! Thanks everybody. :beerchug:

I can't thank each and every one of you individually, but I read all of the comments and... I love you guys! :D :flower:

Agnieszka
January 30th, 2016, 04:59 PM
Beautiful hair Lapushka! I also enjoy reading your comments, you contribute so much to this forums they should make you a moderator for your 10th Anniversary :-)

Freija
January 30th, 2016, 05:12 PM
Agreed - it's SO lovely to see your comments on the forum. Your advice has definitely helped me a lot in the past, with my 'messy' borderline wavy-curly hair and fussy scalp, so thank you for that! Your hair is absolutely beautiful and very much as I'd imagined it from the way you've described it!

Robi-Bird
January 30th, 2016, 05:39 PM
You are a well of knowledge and experience. I'm grateful you're here!

Groovy Granny
January 30th, 2016, 06:00 PM
Congrats Lapushka ~ I am very happy for you, and very grateful for all the help you have given me the past 2+ years :flowers:

languagenut
January 30th, 2016, 06:00 PM
Congratulations :hifive:! Your hair is beautiful; may it continue to flourish :bottomsup:!

LemonFizzy
January 30th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Congrats on 10 years and for learning what your hair needs...some of us take awhile to find the simpler routines. Thanks for sharing the hard-earned advice with others. :cool:

Komao
January 30th, 2016, 06:11 PM
Congratulations Lapushka, I enjoyed reading your journey & your hair is lovely!

browneyedsusan
January 30th, 2016, 06:30 PM
Congratulations, Lapushka!

Your hair is very pretty, and somehow I thought it was light brown? Silly me!
I also love when I run into you across the boards. It seems that your words are sensible, practical and loving.
Carry on!

Silverbrumby
January 30th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Thank you for sharing your story and taking the time to post on this forum. I've learnt to embrace my wave reading your posts.

Beautiful hair and to me, fast growing! :)

kidari
January 30th, 2016, 06:46 PM
I've always been so curious what your hair looked like! It's beautiful! I think that sometimes we need to learn things the hard way and your two setbacks in hindsight were probably incredibly valuable learning experiences for you that helped you successfully get to your current length now.

MsPharaohMoan
January 30th, 2016, 06:59 PM
Congrats on finally having the hair you've always wanted, finding a routine that worked for you, and sticking around the forum during the journey. You are a well respected member of the community and it's a pleasure reading your posts. Here's to another ten years of healthy hair!

:applause:toast::beerchug::bottomsup::beercheer::a le::beer::alcoholic::hooched:

Angela_Rose
January 30th, 2016, 07:34 PM
Wow, ten years, what a milestone! You're an amazing lady and a true credit to our little forum.
You're wonderful!!

momschicklets
January 30th, 2016, 09:07 PM
Gorgeous hair....just amazing! You were one of the first to help me when I first joined this forum....and ever since then I continue to value your advice, input and knowledge. Never sugar-coated, but always thoughtful, honest and kind. Happy anniversary Lapushka!

Mirabele
January 31st, 2016, 02:11 AM
10 years!! Wow!!! Thats a long time!!
Congratulations on your anniversary! As many here already mentioned, i am too glad to see you here, i look forward to your advices and yout wise words. I appreciate that you share your experience and knowledge with us. Your hair looks amazing!

Nellon
January 31st, 2016, 02:24 AM
That was a treat, seeing your hair and hearing your story! Echoing what others said. I learned from you as well. Happy anniversary!

lapushka
January 31st, 2016, 03:55 AM
You know. To some on the outside, I might be a silly little disabled lady (poor her)... well, you know how it goes. You look helpless. And then to come online and find a nice community like this and words like these - it's just priceless. And amazing. It's nice to know you mean something to someone and that what you said in the past helped someone to some degree.

I try to contribute as much to the chronic pain forum that I am on as well, and I hope people there feel the same.

Thank you! :blossom:

yvsa
January 31st, 2016, 04:24 AM
Happy anniversary Lapushka. Your hair looks amazing and i love your input here on the boards. :joy:

khryz
January 31st, 2016, 04:45 AM
Happy anniversary! I've benefitted from your contribution to LHC, and am even happier that you found this place to be warm and welcoming. Keep.. growing?!

Skade
January 31st, 2016, 06:15 AM
Happy anniversary lapushka!:bottomsup::blossom: Your hair looks lovely! wish I had those waves..

Kake
January 31st, 2016, 06:57 AM
Congratulations lapushka. I feel too new to say much about your contribution here, except that in my experience I've found you to be knowledgable, helpful and kind.

Your hair looks beautiful, I'm sure it must be amazing now!

lapushka
January 31st, 2016, 07:13 AM
Congratulations lapushka. I feel too new to say much about your contribution here, except that in my experience I've found you to be knowledgable, helpful and kind.

Your hair looks beautiful, I'm sure it must be amazing now!

It is a pain in the butt and comes over my butt. :lol: It is a little much to deal with at times, especially now at wash day, but it is surprisingly easy the rest of the week, so it evens out, I guess. :D

Jennah
January 31st, 2016, 07:52 AM
Congrats Lapushka! Great job! Your hair looks amazing! :love:

Wildcat Diva
January 31st, 2016, 08:13 AM
I am glad you feel like the forum is a place where you can be yourself and make a difference. You might assume that many in your everyday physical (not online) life may not fully appreciate you, but I bet more do than you think. The last thing you seem is helpless. It's hard when you don't get out much to interact with others but we all do what we can. I bet you'd be amazing to meet in person.

You know. To some on the outside, I might be a silly little disabled lady (poor her)... well, you know how it goes. You look helpless. And then to come online and find a nice community like this and words like these - it's just priceless. And amazing. It's nice to know you mean something to someone and that what you said in the past helped someone to some degree.

I try to contribute as much to the chronic pain forum that I am on as well, and I hope people there feel the same.

Thank you! :blossom:

LongCurlyTress
January 31st, 2016, 08:56 AM
Happy LHC 10+ years anniversary Lapushka!! I always enjoy reading your posts! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for keeping our LHC forum so active, informational and fun! :joy::cheer::blossom::blossom::blossom:

restless
January 31st, 2016, 09:50 AM
Beautiful :) Congratulations Lapushka!

:blossom::blossom::blossom:

papayatree
January 31st, 2016, 10:33 AM
Congratulations on 10+ years here. The forums are nothing without you lapushka, we are so happy you are here and we love you. :grouphug: :joy:

meteor
January 31st, 2016, 10:38 AM
Yay! :joy: Happy 10-Year Hairiversary, Lapushka! :smooch: :cake: This place wouldn't be the same without you, your kind presence, all your wonderful support and advice!
Happy anniversary and many, many returns of the day!! :bottomsup:

AZDesertRose
January 31st, 2016, 10:44 AM
Happy anniversary and many more, Lapushka!

lapushka
January 31st, 2016, 12:03 PM
:o I hope I seem appreciative enough, because I really do appreciate every single one of you!!!

blue_eyes
January 31st, 2016, 12:36 PM
Congrats Lapushka, your hair looks incredible! :)

fiđrildi
January 31st, 2016, 02:30 PM
Here's to 10+ years more :toast:
I remember you were one of the first persons to welcome me to the forum. You are a charming human being with a big heart, and you are loved by many of us here :love:
Happy, happy hairyversary dear lapushka!

parkmikii
January 31st, 2016, 03:07 PM
Happy anniversary! :D

lapushka
January 31st, 2016, 03:45 PM
Thank you guys; you guys are making me cry happy tears. :D :o

nakima
January 31st, 2016, 04:09 PM
wow! !0 years! That's awesome and so beautiful. Great job Lapushka! Happy Anniversary! :toast:

Nightshade
January 31st, 2016, 04:49 PM
Congratulations! That's an amazing achievement!

Annalouise
January 31st, 2016, 05:50 PM
Congratulations! You've got a lot of hair girl! Looks gorgeous!!:beerchug:

hairpleasegrow
January 31st, 2016, 08:18 PM
Happy anniversary. I always enjoy reading your posts. Your hair is beautiful. I wonder....why did you call yourself Lapushka? Any significance?

Winter Fox
February 1st, 2016, 03:49 AM
Happy anniversary Lapushka! Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us and helping where you can! You seriousely safed my scalp by suggesting sls/harsh shampoos to me (I think it was in the pantene or HE thread :D ) :heart: :blossom:

syndel
February 1st, 2016, 04:34 AM
Congratulations on the ten years my love! As always, your hair is beautiful and you're such a huge part of the forums. LHC wouldn't be the same without you. :o

lapushka
February 1st, 2016, 05:07 AM
Thank you so much!

Happy anniversary Lapushka! Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge with us and helping where you can! You seriousely safed my scalp by suggesting sls/harsh shampoos to me (I think it was in the pantene or HE thread :D ) :heart: :blossom:

Seems a little counter-intuitive doesn't it? Harsh shampoos to save your scalp, but some scalps actually need that! Mine does. And I tried natural alternatives to the high heavens (trust me, I had the products to show for it). :lol:

missrandie
February 1st, 2016, 06:37 AM
Happy 10 years, Lapushka!! You're an awesomely contributive member here, and I thank you for the ROO!

Lol when I think of you or see your name, I always picture the gold masked lady as you :)

lapushka
February 1st, 2016, 07:35 AM
Lol when I think of you or see your name, I always picture the gold masked lady as you :)

:lol: Haha, yes, I got that avatar from a free avatar hosting site - and now can no longer find it for the life of me.

Arctic
February 1st, 2016, 07:42 AM
:lol: Haha, yes, I got that avatar from a free avatar hosting site - and now can no longer find it for the life of me.

Ta daa!

http://api.ning.com/files/xTjkQ7tQoVcjboCu8vdDX36Nid0XBf62dz0EC4KnXRPqHko1vy UKcn5VYiz0uM6EKH3iLjX5SLz5Tqa3K9JMr3YltgEKOla7/mgmask.jpg

Neecola
February 1st, 2016, 11:31 AM
Happy Anniversary Lapushka!! Your hair is just beautiful! I've learned many curly styles from your posts - you always find the best YT videos!

lapushka
February 1st, 2016, 12:19 PM
Ta daa!

http://api.ning.com/files/xTjkQ7tQoVcjboCu8vdDX36Nid0XBf62dz0EC4KnXRPqHko1vy UKcn5VYiz0uM6EKH3iLjX5SLz5Tqa3K9JMr3YltgEKOla7/mgmask.jpg

Oh Arctic, *thank* you! You are precious! :D

Unicorn
February 1st, 2016, 05:58 PM
Happy 10 yr (and a bit) anniversary Lapushka Amazing hair you have.

Unicorn

jel
February 3rd, 2016, 11:13 AM
Happy 10+ anniversary! :flowers: Glad you made a thread after all. :) Your hair is beautiful, and it's great to try a lot of things before we decide, isn't it?

lapushka
February 3rd, 2016, 11:25 AM
At least I got the experimenting out of my system (OMG, and then some). :)

OleanderTime
February 3rd, 2016, 12:15 PM
10 years? The forum wouldn't be the same without you!

Wanted to second this! :)

Congrats on your anniversary. Your hair looks absolutely lovely.

yahirwaO.o
February 3rd, 2016, 08:08 PM
Oh wow, your hair is just utter beauty Lapushka! My aunt has the right same texture,lenght, color and thickness! She is certainly your hair twin!

Great journey and this site certainly can't be the same without you!! :toast:

Medievalmaniac
February 3rd, 2016, 08:36 PM
Thank you so much for taking the time to share this milestone with us. I agree with Gossamer and others that your presence on the boards has been so invaluable on many levels! :flower:

lapushka
February 4th, 2016, 06:19 AM
You guys make me so happy (and blush too)!!! :o :lol:

Arctic
February 4th, 2016, 06:25 AM
[QUOTE=lapushka;3164218]Oh Arctic, *thank* you! You are precious! :D[/QUOTE

I'm glad you liked it; it's a beautiful image! :flowers:

Chocowalnut
February 4th, 2016, 06:31 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is very pretty, my goal hair.

lapushka
February 4th, 2016, 08:18 AM
Aaaw you guys are so nice! :D

Laur
February 4th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Oh wow! What lovely hair! Congratulations on 10+ years! I think our hair has similar texture, which makes me want to try your methods and see if I get better curls. (Right now I CWC 3x a week, and then just oil lightly in between - no products or styling, since I don't wear my hair down.)

I should really do a comparison of my very first pictures here - after I "un permed" my hair (what a disaster) at just barely shoulder length. That was in 2004. I've grown to hip, cut back to shoulder, grown to hip, cut back to waist, and then grown back out to hip again in that time. If I ever get to classic, it'll be a looooooong journey!

hennalonghair
February 4th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Happy 10th Lapushka:cheer: and on reaching your hair goals :joy:
It's quite the inspiring journey:blossom:

therebelqueen
February 4th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Happy 10+! Thank you for all the advice you give! Every time I see a response from you, I remind myself to listen to Lapushka because if something doesn't work on your hair, it probably won't work on mine.

goneJackal
February 4th, 2016, 11:10 AM
Congratulations, lapushka! And what a beautiful, beautiful hair! http://www.felipesv.com/forum/k_feliz.gif

lapushka
February 4th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Thank you guys, especially the comments about my hair are so flattering to me. :o I just think it's a big old wild "mop". :lol: But thanks for saying such lovely things!

browneyedsusan
February 4th, 2016, 03:58 PM
Thank you guys, especially the comments about my hair are so flattering to me. :o I just think it's a big old wild "mop". :lol: But thanks for saying such lovely things!

Umm.... no.
I use mops every day. Your hair isn't even close!

Federica
February 4th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Congratulations on your 10th hairyversary Lapushka!
Your hair is gorgeous!
And thank you for your precious contribution to the forums, you've been one of the firsts to welcome me here, and it's thanks to you that I've found the WCC :blossom:

KarpatiiSiv
February 4th, 2016, 06:14 PM
Happy 10+ year anniversary, Lapushka. http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/congratualtions.gif (http://www.millan.net) Your hair is so beautiful. I don't post often but read a lot and always enjoy reading your posts.:thumbsup:

lapushka
February 5th, 2016, 05:12 AM
You guys are the greatest! :smooch: :flowers:

cocoahair
February 5th, 2016, 08:37 AM
This made me so happy :) Congratulations to you :flower:

Agnes Hannah
February 20th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Jumping on the bandwagon here, you certainly have gorgeous hair Lapushka! I certainly value the advice you have given since I have been on the boards, and my hair has improved dramatically following your WCC method, especially in the summer. I have gone from APL to BCL using this method. Congrats on 10 years and what a remarkable journey you have had. Keep on saying it as it is, like a boss!

Savvyhorsez
February 20th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary!

lapushka
February 20th, 2016, 02:13 PM
Thanks you guys! :D

lapushka
February 20th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Jumping on the bandwagon here, you certainly have gorgeous hair Lapushka! I certainly value the advice you have given since I have been on the boards, and my hair has improved dramatically following your WCC method, especially in the summer. I have gone from APL to BCL using this method. Congrats on 10 years and what a remarkable journey you have had. Keep on saying it as it is, like a boss!

I'm glad I could help with the WCC method. It's not for everybody, but there are people who seem to like it a lot, including me. :D

jazzhands
February 20th, 2016, 02:23 PM
I haven't been a member for very long but you've already become one of my favourite posters on the forum. Congrats to you, and happy hairaversary! :happydance:

lapushka
February 20th, 2016, 02:25 PM
Thanks! :)

LegoCaltrops
February 20th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Congratulations! It was on your advice that I changed my haircare routine, which was (I believe) making my shedding much worse. I now have a fairly heavy halo of 3 inch long hair. I look odd on a windy day but it's definitely getting thicker!

lapushka
February 20th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Congratulations! It was on your advice that I changed my haircare routine, which was (I believe) making my shedding much worse. I now have a fairly heavy halo of 3 inch long hair. I look odd on a windy day but it's definitely getting thicker!

I'm *so* glad to hear that!!! :D Congrats to you too! :) :flower: 3 inches is long already, boy that's going fast. :)

Sarahm
February 20th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Proficiat!

RavennaNight
February 20th, 2016, 05:01 PM
Happy Hairyversary Lapushka :cheer: Your hair is really pretty! Thanks for all the time you've spent participating with all of that incredibly useful info on different washing and oiling methods! Your posts have been incredibly useful to me.

calmyogi
February 20th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Happy anniversary! I can't believe how long I have even been on here now.... I really appreciate your advice when you give it.

FuzzyBlackWaves
February 21st, 2016, 04:57 AM
Wow, your hair looks straight out of a fairytale!

mermaiden_hair
February 21st, 2016, 05:59 AM
Your hair is soooooooo beautiful! Those waves! That lovely dark color! Oh my god! Congratulations for reaching your goal, even if it took you a decade. It's not a race, honestly! :) You inspire me so much now!

lapushka
February 21st, 2016, 06:34 AM
Proficiat!

Dank je wel (thank you very much).

Happy Hairyversary Lapushka :cheer: Your hair is really pretty! Thanks for all the time you've spent participating with all of that incredibly useful info on different washing and oiling methods! Your posts have been incredibly useful to me.

That's good to know! Thanks! :D

Happy anniversary! I can't believe how long I have even been on here now.... I really appreciate your advice when you give it.

Saying that is really appreciated, thanks!

Wow, your hair looks straight out of a fairytale!

Your hair is soooooooo beautiful! Those waves! That lovely dark color! Oh my god! Congratulations for reaching your goal, even if it took you a decade. It's not a race, honestly! :) You inspire me so much now!

Wow! :o That is so amazing to hear, thank you.

Echileruwen
February 21st, 2016, 10:16 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is lovely, and all the help you give to the people on this board is appreciated. :)

lapushka
February 21st, 2016, 10:51 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is lovely, and all the help you give to the people on this board is appreciated. :)

Aww thank you so much! :D

butterfly_dream
February 21st, 2016, 11:08 AM
Congratulations on 10 years, Lapushka! :)
Thanks for being such a lovely presence here on TLHC. I love reading your posts.

lapushka
February 21st, 2016, 11:16 AM
Congratulations on 10 years, Lapushka! :)
Thanks for being such a lovely presence here on TLHC. I love reading your posts.

:) Thank you!

vampyyri
September 23rd, 2016, 12:20 PM
I somehow stumbled across this thread while searching for another one, and I'm really glad I did find it!

I've never seen your hair before lapushka, I thought your hair was just really elusive! :lol: It's gorgeous!!

I know that if I never crossed paths with you on here on multiple occasions, that my hair wouldn't be the way it is today. You're one of the most informative and kind people on here, and I really value everything that you have helped me through—you're truly selfless and willing to help at the first distress call! :toast:

Kat-Rinnč Naido
September 23rd, 2016, 12:48 PM
Lapushka since I joined LHC you have been most eager to offer your wisdom. I always am eager to read your post here. I have the utmost respect for you. I love that at heart you always care and take the time to offer your valued advice. Happy 10+ years anniversary on LHC
Your hair is beautiful. Thank you for sharing

Kat-Rinnč

lora410
September 23rd, 2016, 01:19 PM
Ohh that the first time I've seen your hair....beautiful!! Love your waves. Feeling you on the bad perm thing..

Cg
September 23rd, 2016, 01:25 PM
Thanks for resurrecting this thread. Lapushka, no wonder you're able to offer such useful advice for varied hair problems -- you've traveled quite the journey to your long curls. Congratulations a bit late on 10 years here! Thank you for all the helpful ideas you offer us all.

lapushka
September 23rd, 2016, 01:33 PM
I somehow stumbled across this thread while searching for another one, and I'm really glad I did find it!

I've never seen your hair before lapushka, I thought your hair was just really elusive! :lol: It's gorgeous!!

I know that if I never crossed paths with you on here on multiple occasions, that my hair wouldn't be the way it is today. You're one of the most informative and kind people on here, and I really value everything that you have helped me through—you're truly selfless and willing to help at the first distress call! :toast:

Lapushka since I joined LHC you have been most eager to offer your wisdom. I always am eager to read your post here. I have the utmost respect for you. I love that at heart you always care and take the time to offer your valued advice. Happy 10+ years anniversary on LHC
Your hair is beautiful. Thank you for sharing

Kat-Rinnč

Ohh that the first time I've seen your hair....beautiful!! Love your waves. Feeling you on the bad perm thing..

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. Lapushka, no wonder you're able to offer such useful advice for varied hair problems -- you've traveled quite the journey to your long curls. Congratulations a bit late on 10 years here! Thank you for all the helpful ideas you offer us all.

You guys truly are the sweetest! :flower:
Thank you so much for brightening my day. :D

:flowers:

animetor7
September 23rd, 2016, 01:40 PM
Congratulations!!! I'm so glad you reached classic+ even if it was a winding road! :) 10 years is such a long time!!! I almost feel like there should be a special flair like there is on reddit, or locked thread or something for people who've been here for so long!! Anyways, congratulations and I hope you have a wonderful day!!! :flower:

Anya15
September 23rd, 2016, 01:41 PM
Never seen this thread before! Lapushka I have seen your photos and your hair is beyond gorgeous, and yes you are also one of the people who is always willing to help! I have gotten so much useful advice about hair stuff...having similar texture and thickness, I always feel like I'll ask you for hair advice :p

Also. Your natural color is something I'd kill for. It's not too light and it's not so dark that intricate updos would get lost in it.

:)

Mamabearme
September 23rd, 2016, 01:44 PM
Lapushka your hair is beautiful! I'm so glad this thread popped back up and I was able to see it.

You've always been so helpful, I love reading your posts. Congrats on 10 years!!

lapushka
September 23rd, 2016, 02:32 PM
Congratulations!!! I'm so glad you reached classic+ even if it was a winding road! :) 10 years is such a long time!!! I almost feel like there should be a special flair like there is on reddit, or locked thread or something for people who've been here for so long!! Anyways, congratulations and I hope you have a wonderful day!!! :flower:

Yes, a special "secret club". Hehehehe. :p

Never seen this thread before! Lapushka I have seen your photos and your hair is beyond gorgeous, and yes you are also one of the people who is always willing to help! I have gotten so much useful advice about hair stuff...having similar texture and thickness, I always feel like I'll ask you for hair advice :p

Also. Your natural color is something I'd kill for. It's not too light and it's not so dark that intricate updos would get lost in it.

:)

And I've often hated my hair color, can you believe?!

Never be afraid to ask me a question. I might not always be able to answer, but I'll definitely give it a shot! :D

Lapushka your hair is beautiful! I'm so glad this thread popped back up and I was able to see it.

You've always been so helpful, I love reading your posts. Congrats on 10 years!!

Thank you so much! :)

ynne
April 6th, 2019, 02:54 AM
Random search brought me here... It's a pity the photos no longer work :/ if you ever had the energy & time to add them again, newbies like me might still be interested in what your hair went through! :)

Aeonian
April 6th, 2019, 06:45 AM
Hey Lapushka, congratulations with your hairyversary :) I really enjoy reading your comments, you know what you're talking about and now I know why. I always assumed that you never had damage to your hair because you're like a hair guru on the forum :D

Aeonian
April 6th, 2019, 06:46 AM
By the way, I don't see any pictures. Did you take down the photo?

lapushka
April 6th, 2019, 06:53 AM
I have no idea what happened to the pictures, must have still been on imageshack. If you look through the TBL to classic length thread and the classic length to knee thread (my latest pictures are in there), and it wasn't that long ago that I posted my latest picture either. ;)

BTW, just send me a friend request, and you can look at my album on here, ynne & Aeonian! :thumbsup:

AmaryllisRed
April 6th, 2019, 07:32 AM
Random search brought me here... It's a pity the photos no longer work :/ if you ever had the energy & time to add them again, newbies like me might still be interested in what your hair went through! :)

If you quote the post, you can see the links to the photos. Copy and paste them and you can see the photos. :)
Works with a lot of older threads whose pics went poof.

Stray_mind
April 6th, 2019, 07:39 AM
Wow,10 years! Congratulations! :flower: :toast:

gossamer
April 6th, 2019, 08:08 AM
Wow,10 years! Congratulations! :flower: :toast:

I think she's at 13 years now, which is even cooler! :D

EdG
April 6th, 2019, 09:51 AM
I have no idea what happened to the pictures, must have still been on imageshack. If you look through the TBL to classic length thread and the classic length to knee thread (my latest pictures are in there), and it wasn't that long ago that I posted my latest picture either. ;)

BTW, just send me a friend request, and you can look at my album on here, ynne & Aeonian! :thumbsup:

If you quote the post, you can see the links to the photos. Copy and paste them and you can see the photos. :)
Works with a lot of older threads whose pics went poof.What happened was that web browsers stopped following links to non-secure (http) images on secure (https) web pages. Doing so was a security risk.

To work around this, the board's software was updated to change http images to https automatically when you edit a post.
Ed

lapushka
April 6th, 2019, 10:01 AM
I think she's at 13 years now, which is even cooler! :D

Thank you, gossamer... slow but steady over here.

Yeah, maybe I should do an update come July! I'll have a think about it! :D

lapushka
April 6th, 2019, 10:03 AM
I don't have many pictures to show, so I'd like to explain a little about my journey.

I started here with chin length. Tried to grow it and through the experiments with henna and regular dyes I got to be about BSL. Then bleach came into the picture, a few perms along the way (in no particular order), and all sorts of experiments with wanting to go natural in the mean time, WO, CO, CWC, you name it. I learned that I basically needed to listen to my hair and scalp and what it wanted, rather than push a method or product on it that it didn't want. It's about what your hair (&scalp) wants, not what you want!

I ruined my hair twice, so I had to cut to chin twice. The last time was the one that broke the camel's back as I had a chemical cut & burn to boot. So that was IT, no more, and I was able to grow out my hair from there.

I started with chin, and finally got to classic+ last year. So I can say, that with all the experimenting, I got there (after 10 years) in the end. :)

Just to give you an idea of what my hair looks like, this is it at TBL, probably one of the last pictures that was taken.

TBL (stretched)
https://i.imgur.com/YyrelP3.jpg

Its standard LWB.
https://i.imgur.com/KMG1joL.jpg

Thank you, Ed! And AmaryllisRed.

Fixed the links, and I have quoted my first post, so you can all see them. :flower: I'll edit my first post as well, might make it easier. Duh! Oy-oy!

Dark40
April 7th, 2019, 05:17 PM
Wow! Congratulations on your 10+ year anniversary! :) I really enjoy reading your comments. I love your natural waves and hair color!

MotherofPhoenix
April 7th, 2019, 06:57 PM
Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary! Life would be boring if everything was an easy journey, eh? You wouldn't learn about the deeper parts of life. I love your story. You are always so much help to me and everyone on here. Thank you for that. Glad you made it to classic! 💜

pili
April 7th, 2019, 10:35 PM
Wow! I can’t believe I missed this. Congratulations lapushka!!! Ten years is a big deal, and LHC would not be the same without you.

lapushka
April 8th, 2019, 06:20 AM
Wow! Congratulations on your 10+ year anniversary! :) I really enjoy reading your comments. I love your natural waves and hair color!

Thank you so much!

Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary! Life would be boring if everything was an easy journey, eh? You wouldn't learn about the deeper parts of life. I love your story. You are always so much help to me and everyone on here. Thank you for that. Glad you made it to classic! ��

Thank you so much. It wasn't an easy journey for me. I think I might update come July (if I remember). I have decided to maintain classic - FTL. Cutting back each January and then letting it grow the year until the January next when I'll cut back. This is the best length for me.

I try to be helpful. :flower: That's so sweet!!!

Wow! I can’t believe I missed this. Congratulations lapushka!!! Ten years is a big deal, and LHC would not be the same without you.

Thank you, pili!

You guys are so kind. I really appreciate it! :D

Beeboo123
April 8th, 2019, 10:50 AM
Wow, 10+ years! Congratulations! You look wonderful always.

lapushka
April 8th, 2019, 10:53 AM
Wow, 10+ years! Congratulations! You look wonderful always.

Thanks Beeboo! :D

KlutzyChy1
April 8th, 2019, 11:19 AM
Every time my bf sees your siggy pic, he swears up & down it's my hair, until he sees it up closer. If only! I'd love to be your hair twin. Your hair is one of my hair inspirations!

Kyaatje
April 8th, 2019, 01:45 PM
Congrats! Nice to have some idea of your history while admiring your mane :p

lapushka
April 8th, 2019, 02:43 PM
Every time my bf sees your siggy pic, he swears up & down it's my hair, until he sees it up closer. If only! I'd love to be your hair twin. Your hair is one of my hair inspirations!

That is such a nice compliment for me, thank you! So sweet of you to say!!! :o

Congrats! Nice to have some idea of your history while admiring your mane :p

Thanks so much! :)

Waveurly
April 12th, 2019, 03:52 PM
Lovely hair and congrats! :blossom:

lapushka
April 12th, 2019, 03:53 PM
Lovely hair and congrats! :blossom:

Thank you! :)

lapushka
April 12th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Since the thread is so aptly called 10+ years, unless I reach 20 years, I will keep updating this one. :flower:

This is an "early" update for July, when I'll be on here 14 years.

These are the last pictures I have and I won't be making any new ones for the time being. So I hope this is OK?

FTL
https://i.imgur.com/OR4teYMm.jpg

Classic
https://i.imgur.com/mJizzyrm.jpg

Can I call this classic
https://i.imgur.com/BVseRz7m.jpg

I cut back to classic recently, from FTL+ for comfort and manageability; those are the main reasons! Not because I didn't like FTL at all. But over FTL was a bit much for me.

I will be doing no trimming, still, trimming once a year, and so each January I will be cutting back to classic, from whatever length it may grow to by the end of that year.

That's it for this update!

GrowinIt
April 12th, 2019, 04:02 PM
Congrats on the 10 years! I'm just getting started on my hair jouney. Our hair is similar in color and waves I think. Mine is somewhere between APL and BSL. Love the way your hair looks, thanks for the pictures!

hinabelle
April 12th, 2019, 04:14 PM
Simply beautiful lapushka, happy early 14 years! :blossom: I absolutely love how magical your hair color and texture is, it reminds me of Arwen! :o

lapushka
April 12th, 2019, 04:27 PM
Congrats on the 10 years! I'm just getting started on my hair jouney. Our hair is similar in color and waves I think. Mine is somewhere between APL and BSL. Love the way your hair looks, thanks for the pictures!

I would love to see your hair; maybe we're LHC hair twins?

In any case... Happy growing to you! :D

Simply beautiful lapushka, happy early 14 years! :blossom: I absolutely love how magical your hair color and texture is, it reminds me of Arwen! :o

Thank you so much. That is such a huge compliment. :flower:

LillyBlossom
April 12th, 2019, 05:43 PM
Its so beautiful, I love it. Very pretty :blossom:

femmefatale
April 12th, 2019, 09:34 PM
congrats lapushka

your hair is gorgeous .......:applause:thud::thud:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 13th, 2019, 02:02 AM
Congratulations on 14 years, lapushka! That's some milestone! And of course your hair is gorgeous :D Here's to many more LHC anniversaries!

TatsuOni
April 13th, 2019, 03:00 AM
Congrats on your soon to be 14 years! Your hair is beautiful and we're all happy that you continue to be our LHC Fairy God Mom! :cheer:

Aerya
April 13th, 2019, 03:20 AM
Congrats, Lapushka! Your hair looks fantastic, both texture and colour! I'm glad you've found a length that works for you too :flower:

lapushka
April 13th, 2019, 06:38 AM
Thank you so much for your support, everyone. :D

I know I'm a bit early, but I had the pictures available, since I just posted them in a thread, and I am not planning on taking pictures anytime soon as it stands now, so... what better time?

I cherish all of you ladies & gents... big time. :grouphug:

zmirina
April 14th, 2019, 08:57 PM
Congradulations! This is amazing!

lapushka
April 16th, 2019, 04:23 AM
Congradulations! This is amazing!

Thank you so much, zmirina! :)