PDA

View Full Version : Crazy colour!

Ponymad21
January 28th, 2016, 11:58 AM
I want to dye my hair and have heard crazy colour works well without beach, but is crazy colour a brand that will damage my hair?
or should I stick to manic panic and directions?

pastina
January 28th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Certain colors will work, if your hair is light enough. It's the same idea as manic panic, just a different brand. It won't damage your hair.

Laurenji
January 28th, 2016, 01:20 PM
You may get the answers you seek in the Thread For People Who Dye Their Hair Ridiculous Colors (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125938)! :magic:

Edit: I see Pastina, Queen of Color, has been here before me. All hail Pastina. She speaks truth.

In a more serious note, it really does all depend on what your starting color is. If you're starting with black or dark brown hair, you're probably not going to be able to see much without bleach, no matter what you use. If you're light brown or blonde, you'll have much better luck.

pastina
January 28th, 2016, 02:05 PM
:bow: lol!!

JustPam
January 28th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Yeah depends on the base colour, if it's dark then you might get a coloured shine in the light, blonde or light brown will take colour better. Also in my opinion, blues and greens rarely work well on non bleached hair, unless you want a sludge colour, but oranges, reds and warm purples and pinks work great!

Ponymad21
January 28th, 2016, 03:20 PM
I have medium brown ombré so it fades to a dirty blonde colour

*Stella*
January 28th, 2016, 04:56 PM
I used to use Crazy Color years ago before I discovered Directions (I mean like 30 years ago lol)
TBH it isn't a great brand, most colours tend to come out quite patchy and it doesn't last long. I prefer Directions to Crazy colour, but Adore and Special Effects are superior.
For medium brown to dirty blonde, any warm shade will look nice (reds, oranges, pinks, magentas, warm purples)
My favourite dye over that type of base is Directions Rose Red. (Which, rather confusingly, isn't red at all but a lovely deep magenta) It will look purpley over the brown, and very bright over the blonde (somewhere between cherry red and neon pink depending how light the blonde is and how porous your hair is) The closest Crazy Color equivalent is Cyclamen

pastina
January 28th, 2016, 05:02 PM
^^ They say that I'm the queen of color...

Well, this queen bows to Stella. She knows what she's talking about, I've learned a lot from her over the past few years. Trust her. :agree:

khryz
January 28th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Directions lasts longer than Crazy Color.

What color do you plan to use?

Ponymad21
January 29th, 2016, 01:18 AM
I think I will have a go with crazy colour first, if I'm not too happy with the results I will use directions next time

young&reckless
January 31st, 2016, 01:38 PM
I just tried Special effects three weeks ago, put purple over my hennaed hair and it showed wonderfully And has fadded to a nice red. I did not lighten or bleach and it came out fine. Sorry for no pictures but my phone hates this website and won't let me upload any.