PDA

View Full Version : Newby here

CindyLea1
October 13th, 2008, 10:25 AM
First, I just wanted to say you ladies have lovely hair.

I have been lurking for about a month. I drool over all the knoweldge, time, and patience you ladies have.

Now, just a bit about me. I'm a stay at home mom to 4 tricycle motors. 3 boys ages 9, 6, and 5 and a girl 1.

My hair is natural blonde and about 42-43 inches (close, but my son helped me measure and I'm not sure how close he was! LOL) measured from the hairline at my forehead over the top and down the back.

I came here looking for hair styles, and tips, and techniques to keep my hair growing. This looks like a great place to hang my hat!

CindyLea

crazy me
October 14th, 2008, 01:36 AM
It looks like you and I are here for the same reasons. I loved looking around here at all the knowledge.

How long have you been growing your hair out?

Addy
October 14th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Hi CindyLea!

Your hair is beautiful! I can't wait to get to your length someday! :)

Welcome!

berr
October 14th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Hello and congrats for not falling for what I fell for. I thought after the baby fingers started pulling my hair out by the roots that I needed to cut it. arrgh. If I only thought about that a bit more before I chopped off to a bob.

CindyLea1
October 14th, 2008, 10:39 AM
It looks like you and I are here for the same reasons. I loved looking around here at all the knowledge.

How long have you been growing your hair out?

Well, I have been trying to get past my mother's "Hey, this hair style would look super cute on you. Sit here and I'll cut it." I refer to it as the mushroom do. I really looked like I had a mushroom on my head! It ended up being a boy's '80's bowl cut with a bad perm! That was probably 15 years ago and I have not even been in the same room as her and scissors!!!!

I went through various stages of short, permed, colored, fried, nasty, dead, hair. About 10 years ago, I quit all that junk. From that point on, no perms, colors, hairspray, ect. ect.

I had a moment around armpit to bra strap length and thought it had reached it's max. I refrained from cutting it and used LOTS of deep treating conditioners. Then it sprouted again!!! WOOHOO.

Now when I have those "I hate my hair!!!" days. My husband refuses to let me do anything but a very minimal trim to it!!! Gotta love him for it!

CindyLea

CindyLea1
October 14th, 2008, 10:48 AM
Hello and congrats for not falling for what I fell for. I thought after the baby fingers started pulling my hair out by the roots that I needed to cut it. arrgh. If I only thought about that a bit more before I chopped off to a bob.

Kids and hair! WOOOOO BUDDY! I kept it in a ponytail with a scrunchie, or a braid for about 5 years!!!!! I almost hacked it off, but the hubby protested! :)) He has saved my hair from certain doom more times than I care to mention!

I also worked a stint in a daycare taking care of 2-3 year old kids. I taught 15-20 kids on any given day. They loved to play with my hair, so it went back to the braids and buns.

I loved the way my hair looked at nights when I took out the braids and buns, wavy and smooth and soft. When I washed it I always left a bit of conditioner in the length, it helps the braid stay smooth and tight.

CindyLea

CindyLea1
October 14th, 2008, 11:04 AM
Hi CindyLea!

Your hair is beautiful! I can't wait to get to your length someday! :)

Welcome!

Thank you! My best suggestion, is to find a regiment and don't muck with it, too much. I had to go drastic and ban myself from salons and the hair product aisle at the store. LOLOL For me, that was Tresseme moisture formula. Shampoo, condition, tie it up with a scrunchie or a braid and go.

I didn't use any other products for years. I think I still have a bottle of Rave brand hairspray from the '90's HEHEHE... almost as good as pink aquanet!!! LOLOL

Have patience! You'll get it!!

CindyLea