PDA

View Full Version : What to do now?

katarzyncia
January 24th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Well like you know, some time ago (8 months ago) I have decided to strip black chemical dye from my hair. I was using also indigo some time ago, but only once so I though nothing happen, but my HAIR turned green. Hairdresser damaged it totaly. She was using Olaplex but it didn't help. So what we could do was putting black chemical dye once again to cover this green shade. I also had to cut my long hair to chin, and I still have to cut them because ends are splitting all the time, so I cut about half inch every month. I am trying to put lighter dye everytime when i make my roots to have lighter colour month by month, but...I am wondering IF it wouldnt be better to make my roots (medium blonde) by manic panic. Maybe then it would be easier to stripp it from hair than typical dye and I could have my natural color back. What do you think about it? And please tell me what to do to grow my HAIR faster. My diet is ok, my health couldn't be better, but it is only half an inch a month no metter what i do.

lapushka
January 24th, 2016, 04:08 PM
It has been said so *often* on this site. Bleach and indigo do not mix! It will turn the hair green. That is something you have to know to avoid doing. :)

You'll have to grow out the indigo, I'm sorry. There's no stripping indigo.

1/2 inch a month is *normal*!

lapis_lazuli
January 24th, 2016, 04:12 PM
Sometimes there's nothing we can do to speed up our growth. Achieving long hair is an exercise of patience but it will be worth it.
I'm assuming you put bleach over the indigo and that's how you ended up with the green colour.
From what I understand, you're trying to go lighter by dying your roots month by month. Are you continuing to bleach it or are you putting on a colour darker from your natural? Sorry just a bit confused :confused:
Is your end goal to strip all dye from your hair to get back to your natural colour? Because indigo will be very stubborn.

khryz
January 24th, 2016, 04:19 PM
I think the best thing to do is to leave your hair alone and let your natural color grow out. It is at CL now, so it won't be as bad as someone growing out color from, eg: SL.

We have a support thread for those growing our dye/bleach. I have been where you are now, stripping, putting color back and stripping again. If you read my blog I cut my hair all the way to CL and am growing out my color. It is hard and frustrating seeing your hair like that, but that's why I'm here. Everyone here is very nice and very supportive no matter what you choose to do.

I would think the only way to strip out the color is to bleach out the chemical dye and hendigo, but that may not get rid of it completely and will damage your hair.

Whichever you decide to do, the best thing to do is to baby your hair now. Look after it, find out what it likes so you can grow out strong hair that eventually will not need as much as trimming later on.

All the best!

katarzyncia
January 24th, 2016, 04:19 PM
I know i have to grow out indigo, but i am cutting it month by month. But I am still stuck with black HAIR. My natural hair is medium blonde, so If I don't make roots i look like i am shedding or...like a freak. So making my roots is something i have to do. I was using #3 shade for few months, right now it is #4 shade and it would be #5 shade soon. But i was thinking IF i put manic panic on my roots maybe it would stay few weeks and rins out, or maybe it would stay forever, but maybe later i could just remove it without bleaching and have my natural HAIR back?

Islandgrrl
January 24th, 2016, 04:24 PM
I think your best course of action is to live with it and cut the growth every month until the indigo/bleach damaged hair is grown out. Alternatively, you could do what I did: let your new growth get to a length that is long enough so that the indigo hair will all be cut off, and buzz your head.

At some point, if you want to have natural hair, you're going to have to leave it alone.

There's no fixing what you have, and continuing to add stuff to it won't get you where you want to go, it could just make things worse.

lapushka
January 24th, 2016, 04:25 PM
I would color your roots with a semi-permanent black (do manic panic do a black?). This way it will wash out when you need it to, and you'll have a root match to your lengths in the mean time.

lapis_lazuli
January 24th, 2016, 04:26 PM
From what I know manic panic lasts for 3-6 weeks. So yeah, that could be a viable option as you're growing the black out, I think. It will eventually fade and leave your natural colour behind. :flower:

AJNinami
January 24th, 2016, 04:27 PM
If you're doing what I think you are, it sounds like you could end up with a reverse ombre (http://therighthairstyles.com/reverse-ombre-hair-with-perfect-fades-into-browns-blacks/). They're actually very pretty, but it may take a while to get what you want. I would continue microtrimming until at the very least you're sure all of the indigo is out.

Chocowalnut
January 24th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Have you tried color oops at all before? It might not do too much for Indigo but it might get rid of some of the darkness so it wouldn't look as terrible growing out with your natural color. Then you can just let it grow.

katarzyncia
January 24th, 2016, 04:28 PM
I heard sometimes semi-permanent won't rinse out. So what to do then? Is it possible to remove it without bleaching?

earthybee
January 24th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Indigo and bleach are a match made in double hockey sticks. If it were me (because I've gone through abusive times with my hair) I would zen it out and go for neglect. Work on weekly SMT's. Manic panic is a vegetable deposit only dye. I don't know what your starting color is but it can't lighten only add depth. I would embrace what you have or if you must color use something semi permanent. It still might be tricky. My daughter (natural blonde) against my professional advice bleached her henna/indigo. It wasn't pretty and it refused to color over nicely. She then Henna'd and chopped it off. To only bleach then over henna. She now has a pixie cut and says "WHY didn't I listen to you!" Live and learn and do better hehe

earthybee
January 24th, 2016, 04:41 PM
It might stick like glue especially very dark semi permanent. Can you post a photo of your hair after 25 posts. It would be much easier to help. I sat typing my post out too long and saw the added info.

spidermom
January 24th, 2016, 05:52 PM
I think the manic panic is an excellent idea. It will gradually fade out, most probably. It sticks pretty well in my hair but is usually gone by 6 months.

lapis_lazuli
January 24th, 2016, 06:06 PM
I believe it's pretty unlikely that you'll be stuck with the manic panic/semi permanent dye. It will eventually fade out, you could wash your hair more to speed up the process.

katarzyncia
January 24th, 2016, 11:25 PM
Well before my terrible action it was like that :
blob:https%3A//drive.google.com/a714a474-73d9-4e4a-937c-5c67c0abd8bc

When i bleached it 8 months ago :
blob:https%3A//drive.google.com/fb45cd5e-174b-40d0-9b6f-598877b8954a

and now :
blob:https%3A//drive.google.com/7db41d60-737c-4920-a47e-037beb513d0b

And my regrowth :
blob:https%3A//drive.google.com/e523ea15-214d-4ce4-838f-e40e63c096c6

I would leave it like it is, but it looks awful, so I don`t know what to do to grow my natural hair. I was thinking about this manic panic to dye it temporary, but if it will stick to my hair what to do :/ I don`t want to stay with black hair all my life.

katarzyncia
January 24th, 2016, 11:33 PM
Well before my terrible action it was like that :
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/ebb5/r5x2gt33rg58649zg.jpg

When i bleached it 8 months ago :
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/54da/18quo1che9aw899zg.jpg

and now :
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/23a3/y2a0dxb5x1j4bivzg.jpg

And my regrowth :
http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/ed65/32db9bya23qa72mzg.jpg

I would leave it like it is, but it looks awful, so I don`t know what to do to grow my natural hair. I was thinking about this manic panic to dye it temporary, but if it will stick to my hair what to do :/ I don`t want to stay with black hair all my life.

bunneh.
January 25th, 2016, 04:55 AM
Hairdresser damaged it totaly.

You made the choice though... You knew you had indigo in your hair, you should know it turns green upon bleaching. The only way to get rid of indigo and change your hair colour is to cut your hair. No colour stripping out method will work as far as I know. Half an inch per month is the average growth, being patient is the best thing you can do but if you're not willing to wait, try some hair growth boosting methods like monistat, inversion method, oiling scalp, very diluted coffee rinses, onion juice, taking supplements and/or biotin,...

For colour you could try manic panic, do strand test first to see how quickly it washes out. Manic panic should wash out but for some people certain colours stick and don't get out so it's important to strand test. Also I think black hair looks really good on you. :)

Obsidian
January 25th, 2016, 05:21 AM
what about fanci-ful? http://fanci-fullhair.com/fanci/how_to_use.html

lapushka
January 25th, 2016, 05:29 AM
You made the choice though... You knew you had indigo in your hair, you should know it turns green upon bleaching.

Yes, I agree. I'm not sure I understand it. You can't blame the hairdresser in this case, I don't think.
But did you think the Olaplex could stop it from turning green, maybe?

Elly May
January 25th, 2016, 05:42 AM
I wouldn't put anything else on it. Either live with it while it grows, or cut it really short and start over--sometimes there aren't any shortcuts. You have a lovely face and will look great no matter which you choose.

I use semi-permanent dyes (deposit only) and they do NOT rinse out of my hair, and I am using a level 6, no where near black. I only touch up the roots every month or so, with everything but the roots slathered in deep conditioner prior to applying the dye, and my length stays dark. My hair is in very good condition. It never would hold a curl, but it certainly holds dye!

poli
January 25th, 2016, 05:43 AM
Yes, I agree. I'm not sure I understand it. You can't blame the hairdresser in this case, I don't think.

Actually a lot of herbal coloring mixes and dyes have indigo in it and sometimes it is not listed (I myself used one henna brand that just said it is mahogany color henna - it was henndigo for sure, it turned out so dark). And none of the brands that sell them have a warning about bleaching. Before LHC I sure did not know that indygo turns green.

katarzyncia
January 25th, 2016, 05:50 AM
I don`t blame anyone - it is my fault :) and i know i have to grow it out. I am just searching for temporary dye to make my roots to fit with black. I want to grow out my natural color, but going out with blonde roots on black hair doesn`t look good :/ I am just considering - dying my regrowth by lighter and lighter shades month by month, or using temporary hair dye to cover it a little, but it should rinse out when I stop. If I won`t find it, I will go on with lighter shades on roots only.

katarzyncia
January 25th, 2016, 05:51 AM
Actually a lot of herbal coloring mixes and dyes have indigo in it and sometimes it is not listed (I myself used one henna brand that just said it is mahogany color henna - it was henndigo for sure, it turned out so dark). And none of the brands that sell them have a warning about bleaching. Before LHC I sure did not know that indygo turns green.

Yes, before LHC i didnt know that indygo turns green - that`s why i ended with green hair.

bunneh.
January 25th, 2016, 05:54 AM

I don't think Olaplex does anything in terms of colour it just protect the hair while it's in the process of bleaching and afterwards to keep it in better shape than if you would use bleach only on your hair.

lapushka
January 25th, 2016, 05:54 AM
I don`t blame anyone - it is my fault :) and i know i have to grow it out. I am just searching for temporary dye to make my roots to fit with black. I want to grow out my natural color, but going out with blonde roots on black hair doesn`t look good :/ I am just considering - dying my regrowth by lighter and lighter shades month by month, or using temporary hair dye to cover it a little, but it should rinse out when I stop. If I won`t find it, I will go on with lighter shades on roots only.

Manic panic can stick around for a lot longer than you want it to.

I would go with a "regular" drugstore semi-permanent. At least (well, for me) they always washed out when they said they would.

I'm not sure if your drugstore locally sells semi-permanents in the drugstore, otherwise you might have to go to a beauty supply store or try online.

katarzyncia
January 25th, 2016, 05:58 AM
I don't think Olaplex does anything in terms of colour it just protect the hair while it's in the process of bleaching and afterwards to keep it in better shape than if you would use bleach only on your hair.

I mean - Olaplex did nothing with reducing damage while bleaching. It was fried...Right now it is better cause I cut a lot, but they aren`t in the best condition

khryz
January 25th, 2016, 08:27 AM
I think going for a deposit-dye and lightening out shade by shade, as you've mentioned in your 1st post seems to be the best way. At least it has a chance of being washed out compared to a permanent. Eventually it'll grow out to look like a reverse ombre as your roots surface more. Maybe when you have even regrowth, you may realize it doesn't look so bad after all.

I darkened my hair about a week ago, after I bleached out my ends and did a hot pink ombre. I'm trying to grow out my natural black, and I didn't want the regrowth to look so harsh either.

I miss having my brighter hair color, and am considering to color it again. I can't seem to leave my hair alone. But at least now at LHC, I know the techniques/products to baby my hair should I decided on coloring again. I figure that I should at least enjoy the growing process by doing what I liked with it, like coloring it, even if it means subjecting it to chemical damage... as long as I know the consequences of doing so.

Good luck with growing and I'd love to see you update on your progress :)

Alacris~
January 27th, 2016, 03:47 AM
Be carefull with semi-permanent dyes. It can be removed more easily than indigo, however, I could not get rid of the semi-permanent colour in my hair. It was red though so maybe that makes a difference. But I could only lighten it and it is the reason I am dealing with growing out red from dark blonde hair.

I still think it is a good option though, but just be aware that it might take more than washing to get rid of it, especially when the dye gets overlayed by dying the roots regularly.

But the gradually dying it lighter sounds good as well. At least there won't be a demarcation line.

tigress86
January 27th, 2016, 06:32 AM
Is there still green underneath your current black dye or is the green part grown out? If the green is gone, I would suggest using a color remover (reducer). Those types of color removers hardly damage the hair. It dries the hair a bit, but there should be no structural damage. I would suggest a product by Russian brand Estel, if that is available in Poland. I've used several reducers and that is the most effective one I've tried. There is a thread here somewhere with pictures how I got rid of brown dye covered with purple Manic Panic and the result was a blonette color. Another option would be to get your roots lowlighted.