PDA

View Full Version : To APL by 2017 (aka The Awkward Length Commiseration Thread)

Amode
January 24th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Hello! Amode here.
I joined LHC this week to make good on my New Year's resolution to finally grow my hair out.

I couldn't find a thread for this length goal, but I'm sure there are other people out there who are also in this awkward and hazardous phase where your hair is too long to style with wax or gel, but too short for braids or buns, and you just constantly want to cut it all off again to get it out of your eyes? Yeah.

My own hair length is currently all over the place after growing out an undercut pixie. Buuut I'd categorize it as mostly-shoulder-length, and by the end of the year it should be mostly-armpit-length (if I can just keep the scissors out of it for that long). For many people it maybe wouldn't take a whole year to go from shoulder to armpit, but my hair grows quite slowly.

So, other people heading towards APL! Have you had longer hair before? How long are you planning to grow it now? What do you do with your hair to keep it out of the way??
Also, tips from people who have passed this phase are VERY much welcomed. :)

lapis_lazuli
January 24th, 2016, 03:35 PM
I'm past this milestone but wish you luck in your quest for APL! :cheer:
Shoulder length can be tricky to pass especially if you're wearing your hair down. Mechanical damage from rubbing on things can build up and result in your hair breaking off :tmi:
If you can keep it up, it would really benefit and minimize damage.
Happy growing!~ :flower:

MeAndTheMaz
January 24th, 2016, 04:11 PM
Hey there. I'm pretty much in the same boat, though I'm almost to APL. Seems like forever to get here, but I'm a bit. . .shall we say, abusive to my hair.

You might be able to get away with french braids at your length. I'm not the one to tell you how, but I'm sure there are a bunch of people here that can help you out with that. Good luck and happy growing. :cheer:

There is, in fact a shoulder to APL thread here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=33961), but I'm not sure if there's a "challenge" thread.

Amode
January 24th, 2016, 07:54 PM
Thanks lapis_lazuli~

There is, in fact a shoulder to APL thread here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=33961), but I'm not sure if there's a "challenge" thread.

Yeah, I found that one, but it's one of those that has been going on for years and the conversation stretches 500+ pages... I wanted something a bit more current :)

YEah, frenc braid would technically be doable, but since I'm growing out from an undercut pixie, there are all kinds of layers there and also the remnants of last summer's fringe. :P The braid looks like a horrible mess at this point. Maybe next summer!

lapis_lazuli
January 24th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Well don't worry, I'm sure you'll have others joining in this thread soon! :o

Sarahlabyrinth
January 24th, 2016, 09:39 PM
You have the ideal length for practising French braids. :) It's so much easier to learn braiding at this length than when your hair is longer. Have to enjoy all the benefits of each length :)

missrandie
January 24th, 2016, 09:57 PM
I'll join you! My longest layer is just past CBL, and my shortest ones can touch together under my chin now. This length stinks, lol.. Long enough to be in the way, but too short to really get it into a proper "up and back" style.

khryz
January 24th, 2016, 10:42 PM
I'm at CL for now... Yes awkward length till it gets past my shoulders. I sometimes regret cutting it off from SL, but I keep reminding myself I did it to get rid of damage. So hi!

rhosyn_du
January 24th, 2016, 11:22 PM
Hey there. I'm growing out a sidecut pixie, myself. I'm not sure I'll quite make it to APL by 2017 (especially if I measure curly instead of stretched straight), since I'm only at chin now, but I hope you don't mind if I join anyway. Based on my growth rate last time I grew long, I should at least get close.

Daydreamer.
January 25th, 2016, 01:09 AM
Hey Amode!
I'm at SL now, so I'll join you! Putting up all of my hair is tough as there are shorter pieces that stick out. I put my hair in a bun and tuck in the shorter pieces into my hair (under the strands). By tucking it in, I don't need pins and clips, which reduces damage. I'm aiming for waist, but who knows if I'll want it longer?

hanne jensen
January 25th, 2016, 08:45 AM
Amode, you have enough hair to do a donut bun. You can buy hair donuts in supermarkets, drug stores and Sally's. Don't make a pony first, use the donut as a pony holder. You can use a scrunchy over the donut to hold everything in place. U shaped hairpins are hair friendly. If you have flyaway hairs they can be clipped up with hair clips.

You need to somehow or other put your hair up every day as you have fine hair. Fine hair gets damaged easily. The damage you get now will haunt you at BSL.

At shoulder length I learned how to braid my hair in the back. I braided my hair every night when I prepared for bed. As it's a night braid it doesn't matter if it's a bit messy or some of your layer hairs stick out.

If you wear your hair up all the time and baby your hair it will grow pretty fast now.

Welcome to LHC!

missrandie
February 7th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Bumpity Bump! Just wanted to check in, say hi, and let y'all know... my hair doesn't feel quite as awkward as when I joined the thread! It can now go all up (requiring only 2 claw clips) and for the most part it stays out of my way.

lazuliblue
February 7th, 2016, 03:24 PM
Bumpity Bump! Just wanted to check in, say hi, and let y'all know... my hair doesn't feel quite as awkward as when I joined the thread! It can now go all up (requiring only 2 claw clips) and for the most part it stays out of my way.

Sounds like you're doing a good job! I started to buy hair accessories around that length, even just little hair clips with flowers on...for some reason it seemed to help! Anyway, I just wanted to pop in to encourage you all, for me it really has been worth all the awkward hair lengths in order to grow out my hair.

TheGray
February 7th, 2016, 07:26 PM
I'm in the same boat as rhosyn_du, still at chin length but I hope to be reaching APL early to mid 2017! My ultimate goal/challenge is BSL by December 2017 but I know it's a bit early for that thread, so I'll join in here with you guys :p

SaraJayne
February 9th, 2016, 12:43 AM
I'm joining. I am just past SL now but APL feels a long way off. Having gone from wearing my hair straight all the time to my natural wavy/wurly, my growth feels really slow :/

Nesoi
February 9th, 2016, 01:46 AM
Ive grown from a buzz cut so I feel you! It will pass, it will pass. I did mini braids and clipped my ends up. Plus as a PP said you can do a sock bun with really quite short hair.

missrandie
February 9th, 2016, 10:12 AM
I had a glorious success (momentarily) last night. I was able to use a hair fork to put up the majority of my hair! I was proud.

missrandie
March 21st, 2016, 04:23 PM
Aaaannnnnndd bump! For all those shorties who need some commiseration, come on over and join the club!

I can now keep all but a few wisps up in a fork for an extended period of time, so that is progress!

By my calculations, I should make it to APL by September this year.

How is everybody else doing?

Arctic
March 21st, 2016, 04:30 PM
Can't believe how few APLlers have found this thread! Come on you guys, I know you are out there!

Good luck to the challenge for everyone!

MeAndTheMaz
March 21st, 2016, 06:49 PM
APL seems to be an impenetrable milestone for me. Scissors--and the people who wield them--seem to always turn back any advances I make. It's kind of. . .discouraging.

missrandie
March 21st, 2016, 06:56 PM
^^ You can make it happen! I have faith in you :)

khryz
March 23rd, 2016, 11:38 AM
I'm a couple of inches away from CBL I think. I *should* be there by June... And urgh... it's starting to get warmer here, I need to tie ALL my hair up!

lapushka
March 23rd, 2016, 11:50 AM
I'm a couple of inches away from CBL I think. I *should* be there by June... And urgh... it's starting to get warmer here, I need to tie ALL my hair up!

Look at it this way, at CBL you can at least start to tie it up, shorter and it just... hangs there stuck to your skin.

irodaryne
March 23rd, 2016, 01:12 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll hit APL, heck maybe even BSL by 2017 so I'll definitely join in here!

otterpotter
April 5th, 2016, 05:47 PM
I honestly doubt I will make it to APL by 2017 since my I'm not even at chin yet!! But I will be optimistic and this IS a challenge after all :p
Let's hope my hair growth doesn't stall!

tiffycakes
April 5th, 2016, 06:44 PM
I'm growing out a pixie cut too and am hoping to reach APL by August :) it's been growing much faster in the last month since I switched to a shampoo bar with peppermint oil.

otterpotter
April 5th, 2016, 09:15 PM
I'm growing out a pixie cut too
Ooh mind if I ask how long you've been growing it out and what length you're at now?

Lizzie.torp
April 6th, 2016, 01:17 AM
I'm at collarbone length and this should be my goal for now, although I really just want to be at BSL so I don't shave my head or something. How do I braid my hair up without it falling out?

princesssaffron
April 7th, 2016, 03:55 AM
hi everyone!! im new here! :D this is the first thread i wanted to post in haha! i am currently growing out an a-line bob, the front is just touching my collarbone and the back i would say is just shoulder length. im debating whether or not i should trim the front to match the back now or wait until the back gets to the length is want it then even it out ... i want my hair to be just above APL :)

brookse
April 7th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Joining in :)

Just a smidge past shoulder length right now and definitely banking on APL by the end of the year (it will really probably only depend on how much length I take off with my scheduled trims).

Happy growing!

Nesoi
April 7th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Just popping in for a quick :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

I've been there! You can do it!

missrandie
April 7th, 2016, 02:22 PM
I am steadily chugging along.. Still not trimming, though I had my first SSK (single strand knot) the other day and had to cut it out. It was wild!

I'm still projecting September as the month that I will reach APL.

alexis917
April 7th, 2016, 02:27 PM
I am steadily chugging along.. Still not trimming, though I had my first SSK (single strand knot) the other day and had to cut it out. It was wild!

I'm still projecting September as the month that I will reach APL.

Oh hey, I remember you! Weren't we in another thread like this together? I think the to-shoulder one? Nice seeing you again!

I'm chilling at a little past CBL now, so I have about an inch and change (1.5? almost 2?) until APL. We got this.

missrandie
April 7th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Oh hey, I remember you! Weren't we in another thread like this together? I think the to-shoulder one? Nice seeing you again!

I'm chilling at a little past CBL now, so I have about an inch and change (1.5? almost 2?) until APL. We got this.

Yep.. I was there too!

I'll have to measure to see where I'm at, but I noticed yesterday how low the ends of my hair were hanging.

Plus, I got a corset that sits directly at APL, so I'll definitely know when I've reached it!

tiffycakes
April 8th, 2016, 12:19 AM
Ooh mind if I ask how long you've been growing it out and what length you're at now?

I chopped it in March 2014 to a super short pixie, like the shortest layer was just an inch or so. I'm almost at APL, probably 2 more inches to go? But I'm super short, only 5 foot tall :) How about you?

Vanilla Mint
April 9th, 2016, 06:50 PM
I'm aiming for APL by the end of the year, too! My hair is right at shoulder-length, and grows quickly. I can't wait to have BSL and longer hair again!

otterpotter
April 9th, 2016, 07:35 PM
:) How about you?

Like I said, I really doubt I will make it to APL by 2017... but I'll sure try! I'm still an inch or two from chin. I'm 5 foot 2 inches so I understand :p

Unzadi
April 10th, 2016, 06:35 AM
I cut from damaged bsl hair (dramatic inverted V hemline, from damage) to shoulder length, in February. My ultimate goal is to get back to my favorite length, waist, provided I can keep a decent hemline. Profile picture was taken two months after the cut.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/Unzadi/Hair%20Fashion%20Beauty/20160406_103233-1_zpszkwodyd2.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Unzadi/media/Hair%20Fashion%20Beauty/20160406_103233-1_zpszkwodyd2.jpg.html)

APL sometimes feels close, sometimes miles away.

princesssaffron
April 10th, 2016, 05:05 PM
can anyone tell me how long it takes for the ends to stop flipping out over my shoulders? i feel like everyone in this thread may have experienced this at one time or another!

Christine_O
April 10th, 2016, 05:54 PM
can anyone tell me how long it takes for the ends to stop flipping out over my shoulders? i feel like everyone in this thread may have experienced this at one time or another!

Nope, that's a special place that only us not-quite-curly hairs go. Your hair will get over it. If you're frustrated to the point of almost being ready to cut it all off, have patience. You have another 2 months tops.
I'm joining in too. Although technically my longest layer should reach apl this summer, my short layer is just passing collar bone now. My poor buns spike out all over the place, and I just pretend it was on purpose. Fortunately I can do a pretty decent French braid.

The longest my hair has ever been was somewhere between mid back and waist. I loved it. I cut it because I was a new mother, and didn't think I could take care of it and my baby. This choice was not the dumbest one of my life, but it is a contender.

Caraid♫
April 10th, 2016, 08:31 PM
I wannq to join! :D I'm definitely hoping for APL by 2017 crossing my fingers for even a bit longer by then though!

hi everyone!! im new here! :D this is the first thread i wanted to post in haha! i am currently growing out an a-line bob, the front is just touching my collarbone and the back i would say is just shoulder length. im debating whether or not i should trim the front to match the back now or wait until the back gets to the length is want it then even it out ... i want my hair to be just above APL :)
I have the basically same thing (my hair is shorter though) and am also wondering if I should cut the front to even it up! I think I'll wait untill its a bit longer though. I just mostly wear my hair up right now anyways so I guess it doesn't matter!
Claw clips are the easiest right now, though forks can work if I fuss with them enough! I just can't wait to do buns again!

princesssaffron
April 10th, 2016, 08:37 PM
I wannq to join! :D I'm definitely hoping for APL by 2017 crossing my fingers for even a bit longer by then though!

I have the basically same thing (my hair is shorter though) and am also wondering if I should cut the front to even it up! I think I'll wait untill its a bit longer though. I just mostly wear my hair up right now anyways so I guess it doesn't matter!
Claw clips are the easiest right now, though forks can work if I fuss with them enough! I just can't wait to do buns again!

yay im glad ive found someone in the same position as me! :D i think i will grow for a few more months until the back is cbl before trimming ... OR i might start microtrimming to slowly even out the length!

i am starting to think if i get it evened out by a hairdresser they will trim more off than i want .. but im not sure i will be able to create a blunt hemline on my hair - it is super straight so it will be very noticeable if it isnt even! :confused:

lets hope we both get to APL by 2017!!

Caraid♫
April 10th, 2016, 08:59 PM
yay im glad ive found someone in the same position as me! :D i think i will grow for a few more months until the back is cbl before trimming ... OR i might start microtrimming to slowly even out the length!

i am starting to think if i get it evened out by a hairdresser they will trim more off than i want .. but im not sure i will be able to create a blunt hemline on my hair - it is super straight so it will be very noticeable if it isnt even! :confused:

lets hope we both get to APL by 2017!!

I like the idea of gradually microtrimming until it's eventually even!
I would trim my hair when it was longer using "feye"s method and it always gave pretty nice and even results! I definitely think trimming is harder when your hair is shorter though so maybe it would be a good idea to let it grow out a bit until its long enough to conveniently trim. I'd be afraid to have aa hairdresser even mine out too!

missrandie
April 11th, 2016, 08:01 AM

Quite a while. Mine are still flipping, and they've been flipping for months. I think mine stop flipping by the time I reach APL, but YMMV.

Dommydomdom
April 11th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Tentatively joining in on this thread (not sure how fast my hair grows and APL seems to be so far away from SL!!!)

The longest my hair ever was got to about WL or HL, but I was a little kid back then :) in my adult life, the longest has been almost WL. I haven't had hair this short in the last 12 years, so it is pretty new to me :) I struggle with putting it up in buns because I usually place them quite high on my head and then get pieces falling out the back - mini-mullet!

Apart from simply growing my hair, I am also trying to keep it healthy - this isn't something I've really thought about in the past, but the last few years of stress have taken a toll on the quality of my hair. So, I cut off all my ugly ends, evened up the layers to one length, am practicing benign neglect and keeping my hair up more often, and follow a WO haircare routine :)

Amode
May 26th, 2016, 04:37 AM
I've had one trim since January, and the length is still completely undeterminable :D Looking in the mirror it looks like I have nose-to-chin-length bangs + a bit longer hair in the back, but after dyeing my hair yesterday I realized that

https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7129/26654616753_c59318f865_z.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/GBnSVP)

it actually reaches quite far down in the back (and is surprisingly curly, too).
Who knows. :rolleyes:

cailinbee
May 26th, 2016, 07:05 AM
Amode, your hair is beautiful! I love the colors! Total APL mermaid (hopefully that reads as a compliment...)

Dommydomdom
May 26th, 2016, 07:51 AM
Gorgeous Amode! What colors/brands did you use and how did you lighten your hair?

Loktra
May 26th, 2016, 08:05 AM
I'm in this camp, ugh. When I see everyone else's hair, I think "oh wow, that looks pretty good!" but mine? I guess everybody is their own worst critic!
My hair is shorter in the back than the front, but it's long enough to put up in a clip now so...that's great! FINALLY!
My awkward, super thick nosetip length bangs are another story.

When I had MBL hair...I KNEW it was what I wanted. I knew I wanted to grow it forever, and when I chopped to a chin-length bob (suuuper cute!) I still knew that. I figured I'd get the bob cravings out of my system, style it for a couple months, then go back to growing and an LHC routine. And that's pretty much what has happened. One day I realized my style would need a trim, and that my sleek futuristic lady spock bob was over, and it was time to start growing again. So I put away the salon products and went back to my comfortable LHC routine. But...I hate it so much right now! I enjoy not having to put in much effort, similar to when my hair was MBL. But I feel so much...frumpier? I mean, my style is pretty much identical to most days the years I had long hair if I wasn't maintaining short bangs: sweepy bangs or pinned to the side, hair in a big octopus clip. I try to picture how it will be when it is long again...it's not the same, somehow! I don't want to cut it short again, really, but I also don't have those super long hair cravings either!
I'm in hair limbo!
I'm just going to keep with my routine (I do enjoy it the most) and see what happens.

Amode
May 26th, 2016, 08:23 AM
Thanks cailinbee and Dommydomdom!

What colors/brands did you use and how did you lighten your hair?

It's been lightened several times with supermarket bleaches by yours truly (the ends are in pretty bad shape, that's why the blue sticks to them so well). I broke that habit a year ago though, and I've only let professionals put highlights in my hair (3 or 4 times?) after that. You can see an inch or two of my own dirtroad brown growth at the roots :P but it has red undertones so it mixes with the pink well enough.
I have a massive collection of direct dyes from different brands that I mix, but right now the ends are mostly Manic Panic After Midnight, and the pink/purple is different mix ratios of Crazycolor Fire Red and Capri Blue. ^^

Dommydomdom
May 26th, 2016, 11:12 AM
Awesome! Thanks, Amode :) Now I am seriously tempted to try bright colors again :p

P.S. Good luck with your growing, everyone!

Amode
May 30th, 2016, 06:03 AM
Out of curiosity, what is everyone's final goal? Well, I imagine it changes along the way, but right now I'd like to have mid-back length. that's the longest my hair has ever been (when I was 12, haha) and I think my fine, thin Scandinavian hair won't really grow much longer than that anyway. Or if it does, it'll be a couple frizzy, scraggly strings of hair that won't look like anything. I'm interested to see what will become of the texture, though. Last time when I had long hair I was a kid and my hair was completely ruler-straight. Now there are definite waves. I like it so far, it makes thin hair look fuller and less...limp.

Dommydomdom
May 30th, 2016, 07:47 AM
I want to see how long it will go, but I don't think I'll go longer than hip or tailbone (if it even gets that far :p )

missrandie
May 30th, 2016, 07:58 AM
I want to get to either TBL or classic in the end.

Silverbleed
May 31st, 2016, 03:12 AM
I'd like to reach waist in the end, but currently I've got my final goal set first on BSL because I've never reached that in my life.

Caraid♫
June 3rd, 2016, 11:45 AM
I want to join this thread! I'm at about shoulder length, not sure if apl by 2017 is being too ambitious, but might as well try!
I had tbl length hair that I stupidly cut off (it's in my sig pic). It was always around bsl though before I really started growing so this awkward length is new to me and I'm not liking it! I can't even do a braid with more than one pass for each strand!!

My new goal length is at least hip length again
Happy growing everyone! :D

princesssaffron
June 9th, 2016, 09:42 PM
slowly plodding along, my hair is solidly at the top of my collarbone so I'm not sure if i will reach aPL by the end of the year, but I am hoping it will be close!

humble_knight
June 9th, 2016, 09:49 PM
Joining the gang because I think I will hit APL by 2017 :D

Amode
June 11th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Welcome Caraid and humble_knight ^^
Agghhh I snipped off some split ends... and dry ends... and bangs yesterday. I'm NOT SUPPOSED TO PUT SCISSORS NEAR MY HAIR ANYMORE. My hairdresser made me promise :eyeroll:

missrandie
July 12th, 2016, 11:29 PM
Here's your friendly neighborhood *bump* of a lovely-to-have thread!

I'm still cruising closer and closer to my APL goal, and I will for sure make it by the end of the year. In fact, I'm anticipating being APL by roughly September, if not sooner. By some measurements, I have a half inch. By others, I have more like an inch and a half lol.

If I'm perfectly honest, my hair grows moderately fast, plus I'm short. That makes it a lot easier to reach the milestones!

I still haven't touched my hair with scissors other than to destroy a white dotted crimped end a couple weeks ago. My hemline looks kinda wild, but wild is alright with me :)

w0nderland
July 13th, 2016, 09:25 AM
I feel I need to just step right in here and grab a seat.
my hair is being super awkward and some if it is probably an inch or 2 away, but it seems to have a really deep V- hemline going on (deep considering how short it is!) so the edges are above my shoulders. It's an absolute nightmare.

missrandie
July 13th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Welcome, W0nderland!

missrandie
July 28th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Well, my commiserating comrades, I have officially made it! Today, my longest racer hairs trapped themselves under my towel, and remained there even with my neck and head straight. I'm calling it!

althara
July 29th, 2016, 06:19 PM
I'm hopeful that I can reach armpit length by the beginning of 2017. I'm at collar bone length now, and I have roughly three inches to go to get to armpit length. Three inches in four-ish months might be a little too optimistic.

Miss P
July 31st, 2016, 06:41 AM
I'm currently at CBL growing out from a pixie and still (slowly) trekking to APL. At least I can braid it back...sort of :rolleyes:

Thinlizzy
July 31st, 2016, 07:40 AM
When you're at CBL and you're such a thinny that it doesn't even look like it! That's me :(

timeschild
July 31st, 2016, 12:34 PM
Currently at Shoulder length in the back of my hair the front is collar bone. Been growing for four months now from chin length and just over my glasses. Been taking super good care of my hair it is so nice now. So I think I should be there by 2017.

Orca
July 31st, 2016, 12:41 PM
Ooh, so glad I'm not the only one at this awkward stage! I've actually been stuck at this stage for a good couple of years because I had a whole head of bleach damage to cut out and couldn't bear to do it all in one go. Thankfully there's only a couple of inches of it left.

I think the best thing you can do with your hair at this point is just try not to think about it too much, and braid it to protect it where possible. As someone said to me, a watched pot never boils...

irodaryne
September 7th, 2016, 11:12 PM
I'm bringing this thread back because A.) I'm curious how everyone is doing and B.) I am definitely gonna make APL by 2017! I measured right before August ended and was a half inch away!!!! This month for sure I'll be hitting APL, meaning that I can start dreaming of BSL. :cheese:

BloomShine18
September 8th, 2016, 02:03 PM
I am hoping that I can reach the APL milestone by 2017 myself. I am pretty well at CBL and my hair seems to be growing fairly quickly (or wishful thinking?). I was able to make one wurl in a bun the other day. lol

brookse
September 12th, 2016, 06:35 AM
Happy to say that I will most definitely be making it to APL by the end of the year since I'm there (as of this morning) wet! I've still probably got an ~1" to go dry but I think I'm going to graduate over to the BSL by Christmas thread, though that's definitely really getting in the realm of wishful thinking. Happy growing! :cloud9:

LaísB
October 30th, 2016, 01:33 PM
I am a little past CBL right now, like 2cm and it is quite a lot of wishful thinking of my own, but maybe I can be at APL when wet/streched/straight by the new years eve if I am very lucky. Of course that the fact I am very short and that there are only 5-6 cm from the actual CBL to APL will help a lot ( 4-5 cm to go unstreched and three streched !!). I will be so happy when I reach APL, even if it takes longer than what I plan today (maybe if not by the end of the year in the end of January 2017?) , because I regret cutting my hair so much, I need to stop with the impulsive cuts hahaha. :)

Mrstran
November 17th, 2016, 11:46 AM
A bit past collar bone myself too! I should be at APL by March 2017. I have tickers on my phone for each milestone. It keeps me excited :D

Lol I just had to do this emoji .... :pins: too funny.

Elfa
November 23rd, 2016, 09:10 AM
I'm in! The title made me laugh, I'm totally feeling the awkwardness lol
I feel like I've been stuck here FOREVER, since I spent this whole year between SL and APL while growing out bleach. 4 big chops altogether :bigeyes:

Amode
December 20th, 2016, 11:38 PM
Whoooopsie. So, I was goaded by my hairdresser to cut my hair back into a pretty much chin-length bob in early November. No APL for me til probably December 2017, haha. I'm very happy with this though! The cut got rid of all the old bleach-dye-flatiron-negligence- damage I still had going on. My hair is now super silky and shiny like a kitten's coat, and for the first time in my life I've got an actual blunt (thick!!) hemline. My hair goes swoosh when I turn my head. Love it. This is much nicer to grow than the dry, scraggly, uneven mess I had before.
:magic:

alimc
December 21st, 2016, 02:25 AM
Amode, you will just have to start another thread then.... :p

Im hoping to hit apl next year too. my mop seems to be crawling at a snails pace. A really old, slow, curling at the edges snail...

At least you're now rid of all the damage which would prob have needed chopped at some point anyhoo! :hatchet:

MeAndTheMaz
December 21st, 2016, 03:02 PM
I think I can finally call APL on myself. It seems like it's taken f o r e v e r. But my ends a quite thin. Might have to maintain for a bit. Growtain? is that a thing? Is it even a word?