PDA

View Full Version : How much styling products are you SOers using?

DarleneH
January 24th, 2016, 04:50 AM
My guess is none. I have been working off and on for a long time with skipping washing as much as possible, especially right now during winter. But I think I'm going to have to give in and go back to washing to get the look I want. My hair is slightly wavy and I can punch that up with some gel and hairspray, but then that doesn't work with the whole no washing thing. Having any product at all means if you're not cleaning it out then it starts to flake after a while and be obvious, and having to comb and brush a lot to clean my hair means the waves are pulled out straight.

What options do I have to keep the waves and keep it clean too?

Brunettebybirth
January 24th, 2016, 05:39 AM

khryz
January 24th, 2016, 05:41 AM
Misread and forgot about the "SO". But anyway, none. When I had my SL hair, I used coconut oil to hold strays and shorter hairs in place. I avoid styling products not because of the harm/damage to my hair, but that I'm just too lazy to wash it off.

lapushka
January 24th, 2016, 06:47 AM
I'm not SO, but I never expected SO'ers to use any styling products at all. I mean, it seems counterproductive, doesn't it?

embee
January 24th, 2016, 07:47 AM
I am generally a NW/SO and use no product whatsoever.

I don't understand, when I read the NW/SO thread, all these people using oils and such. For me, NW/SO meant no products. Maybe I misunderstood.

I do brush and comb every day. Wear my hair up every day and night. In winter I get more static, but part of that is my hat, part is the cold dry air. Such is life. :)