PDA

View Full Version : the "SLAP" (Satin-Lined-Cap)

LillithTheFirst
January 23rd, 2016, 06:50 AM
So I've bee looking for a sleeping cap that doesn't looks silly if I need to go out and came across this! Anyone use it or something similar? Satin and Cotton. https://www.satinlinedcaps.com

Laurenji
January 23rd, 2016, 07:24 AM
Ooooo. I've never heard of those before, but they look awesome and I want one now.

lapushka
January 23rd, 2016, 07:26 AM
Yeah, it's gained some popularity on YT already. No idea if they're sponsored videos, though. ;)

Gabriel
January 23rd, 2016, 07:33 AM
There was a thread about them a few months ago. Stylish Slap Caps (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=134113) is the one and I posted I have one in it and what I thought of it. Still like it, it has worn and washed well even after all this time. It can get bothersome around the ears a bit (giant head and lots of hair) and I still sometimes take it off in my sleep (terribly restless sleeper) but I like it most out of a plethora of sleep caps I have about. Still hate the label though but not enough to try to take it off.

I could wear it out if there were a disaster and no time.

Bopoluchi
March 19th, 2016, 07:20 AM
I've got one of these in teal. i like it for around the house use, i rarely wear it outside of the house though. you could also line a beanie with satin easily enough if anyone wanted something cheaper.

Hairkay
March 19th, 2016, 11:10 AM
I've got one of these in teal. i like it for around the house use, i rarely wear it outside of the house though. you could also line a beanie with satin easily enough if anyone wanted something cheaper.

This is what I'd do. I like arts and crafts. It's easiest for me to find materials locally than it is to pay that price and hope it gets to me. I've no time to wait at home for deliveries, neither are the neighbours dependable for that. As it is the times I've risked it, twice I didn't get my deliveries.

Frisian
July 7th, 2016, 08:41 AM
So this is a somewhat old thread but I wanted to ask all of you who have the slap or something similar something.

Me and my bf were planning our skiing trip yesterday and I was awfully reminded of the terrible tangles and breakage around the hairline which was caused by wearing a skiing helmet. Safety goes before hair of course but it got me looking around for something that might protect the hair as well. Does any of you have experience with a slap and helmet combination and how did the Slap fit under your helmets? It looks much like a beanie which I see a lot of people wearing underneath helmets. Thanks in advance :)