PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Bear Hair Supplements??

NagChampa
January 22nd, 2016, 01:02 PM
Hello all,

Recently I stumbled across a promotion for these supplements whilst scrolling through Instagram. I done some mega business stalking and seem to find little users, reviews or testimonials despite the website itself. This business of 'Sugar Bear Hair' is basically selling blue berry flavoured gummy bears which are meant to contain the nutrients and vitamins required for hair growth and health. To be honest I have a feeling these fall under the same stereotypical teeth whitening and tanning kits I see promoted everywhere which people like me are hesitant and unsure of. I noticed these haven't been discussed before in the LHC and these gummies certainly intrigued me so I'm sure someone else may be interested in them too. The website for more info can be found at http://www.sugarbearhair.com/

Here's what these adorable gummies look like! Alongside their supposed effects (I thought they were just sweets at first):

http://i66.tinypic.com/2hwnp0m.png

And the supposed growth...

http://i68.tinypic.com/20fc5l.png

I really am so desperate to reach classic length that I may consider these once my coconut oil and hair growth supplements have ran out. Anyway - what do you guys think?

Islandgrrl
January 22nd, 2016, 01:56 PM
I had a quick peek at their website. I'm not impressed. They say the gummies have 5,000mcg of Biotin, but they say nothing about any of the other ingredients. If you want to take biotin there are far less expensive ways to do that.

Honestly, the best thing you can do for yourself is eat a healthful diet and drink plenty of water. You hair is going to grow, supplements will probably not help that process along.

Brunettebybirth
January 22nd, 2016, 02:16 PM
Not to be negative but THAT much growth in only one month's time? Seems a bit overstated. :hmm:

lapushka
January 22nd, 2016, 02:53 PM
Gummies have sugar & calories. If you don't want those, and have other gummy vitamins already (like vit. D, multivitamin), it adds up in a month, esp. if you're watching your weight. I might seem to be exaggerating, but... well, it would be mainly the sugar for me. If it were me. I'd prefer the capsules, they just glide into your throat, what are they talking about? Hard to swallow? Please!

Platzhalter
January 22nd, 2016, 03:52 PM
Not into supplements in general, especially not fancy looking ones like those... the only exception would be if they were for children who have severe deficiencies because of a separate illness and/or have a hard time eating. And for them, tiny little bears may be less "frightening" than normal pills, you know. But otherwise?

NagChampa
January 23rd, 2016, 01:43 PM
I was looking at them from quite a criticising perspective... You ladies are right. The growth picture especially I was very unsure of. I think this company may just go in the 'Instagram trendy business' group and we'll leave it at that :lol::lol::lol::lol:

lapis_lazuli
January 23rd, 2016, 05:15 PM
Looks suspicious to me... if they won't state the rest of the ingredients, I'd stay away. The growth is a little too dramatic to be convincing but that's just me :shrug: My hair will grow at its own pace and I'm accepting that.

locddreamz
January 25th, 2016, 09:47 AM
I looked at the site and they do have the complete supplement facts on the listings. There's a pic of the label under the description. It has whole bunch of vitamins that's helpful for hair growth, not just biotin.
Honestly, I'd take them since I gag on my multivitamin pills all the time. I really hate taking pills since it's hard for me and a lot of other people :(
I'm not concerned about the 15 calories per serving since that really isn't anything. You could burn that off just by sitting there lol.

Thanks for sharing this. I wanna try them cuz it looks good.

NagChampa
January 26th, 2016, 11:03 AM
I didn't notice that! I did however spot someone I follow on Instagram raving about these gummies and luckily she posted the ingredients in full! This photo was cropped and taken directly from her post, these just look like a super hair vitamin compilation :eye:

Here's the full ingredient list ladies!

http://i67.tinypic.com/5x6b1i.png

parkmikii
January 26th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Judging by the ingredients I think you'd be better with taking a normal multivitamin or even prenatal ones and a biotin supplement. It would equal the ones on the label and it would most likely be cheaper as well.

lapis_lazuli
January 26th, 2016, 03:16 PM
There in lies the problem right there on the label: Biotin ---- 1667% of your daily value. Jeez. :shake:

lapushka
January 26th, 2016, 03:40 PM
Judging by the ingredients I think you'd be better with taking a normal multivitamin or even prenatal ones and a biotin supplement. It would equal the ones on the label and it would most likely be cheaper as well.

I agree with this. You'd be better off with a regular multivitamin. Also less risk of Biotin overdosing! 1667% OMG! No way!

Islandgrrl
January 26th, 2016, 03:48 PM
Very, very expensive for a very run-of-the-mill supplement.

1667% of your daily recommended dose of Biotin is way, way too much.

I didn't notice that! I did however spot someone I follow on Instagram raving about these gummies and luckily she posted the ingredients in full! This photo was cropped and taken directly from her post, these just look like a super hair vitamin compilation :eye:

Here's the full ingredient list ladies!

http://i67.tinypic.com/5x6b1i.png

Robi-Bird
January 26th, 2016, 06:49 PM
There is no good reason to overdose on any vitamin or mineral. The suggested daily intake has a scientific origin and to take 16.67 times the recommend amount daily for any significant length of time could easily cause damage, even if you do not see it immediately.

NagChampa
February 4th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Just wanted to revive this thread and say that a member of LHC has actually purchased these gummies and the link to her thread is here!:http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=136249
The user is locddreamz and I hope she does not mind me including her username in this post!
I am just updating this thread as I would be very interested to see her progress through the use of these new-found vitamins. I'm sure others would too. I look forward for hair quality and length updates!:eye:

lapushka
February 4th, 2016, 01:46 PM
I've seen cheaper gummy vitamins especially for hair, skin, nails, than this brand, so I do think it is over-hyped.
These for example:
http://www.drugstore.com/natures-bounty-hair-skin-and-nails-gummies-with-biotin/qxp506347

Lauraes
February 4th, 2016, 05:28 PM
I've seen cheaper gummy vitamins especially for hair, skin, nails, than this brand, so I do think it is over-hyped.
These for example:
http://www.drugstore.com/natures-bounty-hair-skin-and-nails-gummies-with-biotin/qxp506347

We actually have these at my house! I wish they were candy, because they taste delicious. :p You can actually get them buy one get one free from somewhere, but I don't remember what store.

Otempura
June 24th, 2018, 11:13 AM
I took these for three months and while I did not notice my hair becoming especially longer, quicker... I did notice that my hair was growing significantly "healthier". The amount of "baby" hairs I had was astounding, so new growth was definitely a plus. My hair was a lot shinier and softer as well. I enjoyed them. Other than that I did not see any reason to re-buy as much as I WANT to; they were tasty and fun and cute, helped new growth a LOT but other than that nothing special.

cailinbee
June 24th, 2018, 05:00 PM
I take the vitamins lapushka linked to -- just 1 per day though instead of the recommended 2 just to play it safer on the megadoses of vitamins. I actually take them for my nails, though, not my hair. Genetically the women in my family have incredibly weak flaky nails that split and break painfully as soon as they grow past the nail bed -- the periods in my life where I tried HSN vitamins for my hair I noticed my nails grow out strong and thick and don't split. (I have been on and off them in different life situations and environments and I'm pretty confident it's the vitamins over other factors).

If they work so well for the keratin structures in my nails with just half the recommended dose, I'm sure they probably help my hair, too, since the components are analogous/similar biologically. But the difference in my nails is certainly the most notable result for me. I don't like megadoses of biotin because of the acne.

Rebeccalaurenxx
June 24th, 2018, 06:36 PM
I don’t really buy into things that Instagram famous people and Kardashian’s sponsor online lol

But that’s just my take on it. I knew it was fake from the second that a celeb indorsed it.

Stray_mind
July 1st, 2018, 12:13 AM
I don't use any supplements (i have tried and i forget to drink them anyway),as i am of the opinion that if i am not diagnosed in a Lack of (insert vitamin/mineral), i don't need to supplement it. I try to eat various foods to keep my body healthy, i feel well enough, my hair is growing, it's rather strong as well, so no supplements needed.

I wouldn't buy these. I think there are cheaper multivitamins out there that also include minerals and vitamins essential for hair and skin.

Jo Ann
October 14th, 2018, 10:08 PM
Funny thing--almost all of you sound like Brad Mondo's review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWkUroF4QYc

littlestarface
October 14th, 2018, 10:29 PM
Funny thing--almost all of you sound like Brad Mondo's review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWkUroF4QYc

I love him.

Aerya
October 15th, 2018, 03:53 AM
I don’t really buy into things that Instagram famous people and Kardashian’s sponsor online lol

But that’s just my take on it. I knew it was fake from the second that a celeb indorsed it.

This.

I feel like this sort of brand pops up from time to time, a bunch of Instagram models and celebrities rave on and on about how great it is, and then it fades away, presumably when people are no longer paid to promote it.

We had a few miracolous hair and skin vitamins doing the rounds on blogs and Instagram profiles here in Norway too. Some people have looked into it and it's honestly such a dirty business.

illicitlizard
October 15th, 2018, 09:16 AM
I don't use any supplements (i have tried and i forget to drink them anyway),as i am of the opinion that if i am not diagnosed in a Lack of (insert vitamin/mineral), i don't need to supplement it. I try to eat various foods to keep my body healthy, i feel well enough, my hair is growing, it's rather strong as well, so no supplements needed.

I wouldn't buy these. I think there are cheaper multivitamins out there that also include minerals and vitamins essential for hair and skin.

^^THIS so much. Also gummy vitamins are notorious for containing very little of what they're supposed to be actually supplementing. These BS bears show up on socials because they sponsor a lot of influencers, not because they work.

*Wednesday*
October 22nd, 2018, 11:13 AM
A bottle of 60 (2 daily) $30 USD. Last 30 days. $360 for 12 months.

This are reviews that erk me. Given the bottle last one month and this particular reviewer is on the second bottle, only has about let's say 1/2 inch of hair growth. Vitamins do absolutely nothing for hair that's already been grown out of the follicle.

"My hair feels stronger and is not breaking like before since of been using them currently on my second bottle"
https://www.sugarbearhair.com/products/sugarbearhair30day?gclid=Cj0KCQjw6rXeBRD3ARIsAD9ni 9Ad-CFhnmbYNNtUnPXFrNdUOUoQTTqCOLuueC32hpLTDscO5KIrdS8 aAl9FEALw_wcB

In theory it would take you a year or so to see the effects of vitamins with new hair growth. Hair that's been grown out of the follicle (pre-vitamin) would not be affected by vitamins but only by external hair products. Some of these people with the reviews that they saw immediate results is a bunch of BS in my opinion.

Aerya
October 22nd, 2018, 11:27 AM

This are reviews that erk me. Given the bottle last one month and this particular reviewer is on the second bottle, only has about let's say 1/2 inch of hair growth. Vitamins do absolutely nothing for hair that's already been grown out of the follicle.

"My hair feels stronger and is not breaking like before since of been using them currently on my second bottle"
https://www.sugarbearhair.com/products/sugarbearhair30day?gclid=Cj0KCQjw6rXeBRD3ARIsAD9ni 9Ad-CFhnmbYNNtUnPXFrNdUOUoQTTqCOLuueC32hpLTDscO5KIrdS8 aAl9FEALw_wcB

In theory it would take you a year or so to see the effects of vitamins with new hair growth. Hair that's been grown out of the follicle (pre-vitamin) would not be affected by vitamins but only by external hair products. Some of these people with the reviews that they saw immediate results is a bunch of BS in my opinion.

Yes, yes, yes! Vitamins does not affect the hair already on one's head. It might grow out stronger and thicker, but like you said, that will take way more than a month or two to notice. The claims that people suddenly have thicker hair after taking whatever Magic Vitamins are trendy at the moment are either wishful thinking or just plain BS, and I wish more people would realize that. I remember an "after" photo I saw where the girl had about an inch of growth after two months. People applauded the efficiency of the product. Sigh.

Pamberpestana
October 22nd, 2018, 11:57 AM
Brad Mondo made a review to these on YouTube. And one thing he said stuck with me even though it's very obvious. He said something like "Okay, so your hair grew in a month.... it grows ANYWAYS" even without the gummy, it will still grow some.

I take generic gummy multivitamins, I take three instead of two because my diet is kind of poor. I've grown 6 inches in 10 months. I'm very okay with that.

illicitlizard
October 22nd, 2018, 04:24 PM

Yes this exactly! Your whole head of hair isn't going to feel softer from taking a vitamin until it fully grows out. I feel like there's some serious confirmation bias going on.

Brad Mondo made a review to these on YouTube. And one thing he said stuck with me even though it's very obvious. He said something like "Okay, so your hair grew in a month.... it grows ANYWAYS" even without the gummy, it will still grow some.

I take generic gummy multivitamins, I take three instead of two because my diet is kind of poor. I've grown 6 inches in 10 months. I'm very okay with that.

Sometimes Brad Mondo peeves me but that's a helluva good point. Especially since a lot of the reviewers don't measure their hair growth before taking the supplements, only after. So they could literally just be measuring their normal growth rate and be none the wiser.

6inches in 10 months is nothing to be sniffed at either! Glad the generic multivitamins are working :)