PDA

View Full Version : You're Snowed In - Any Special Plans For Your Hair?

Maelyssa
January 21st, 2016, 08:15 AM
So just for fun because a lot of us live in areas that are supposed to be getting crazy amounts of snow over the upcoming who's got any special plans for hair treatments while they're watching the snow fall?

I happened to find a stash of my NightBlooming's Fire Genasi henna mix that I'm going to do over the weekend instead of my usual running around doing a million things...heck, maybe I'll even take a bath for a bit while it's on my head doing it's thing. I'll follow it up with Panacea Salve & Sacred Forest Oil too and wonder if the weather will delay some of the final goodies I have coming to me for my giftee in the Winter Swap.

Anyone have plans to bid the time with their hair just in case they're snowed in?

missrandie
January 21st, 2016, 08:26 AM
Well, snow is very doubtful... But I would do an SMT :) And a hot bath, but ohhh man if I had a steam room I'd be in there in a heartbeat.

samanthaa
January 21st, 2016, 08:37 AM
The snow also seems as if it's going to pass here (thankfully!), but I've got a huge copyediting project at the moment and since I work from home, I can do an SMT for some of the hours that I'm in front of my computer! I also ordered some cassia yesterday. If that arrives by Saturday... (doubtful, but still)

lapis_lazuli
January 21st, 2016, 09:10 AM
I would do a heavy coconut oil treatment and have a nice, warm shower. Regardless of whether we get snow or not, I think I'll do it anyway! :p

Anje
January 21st, 2016, 12:43 PM
It's unlikely to hit me, but I could definitely stand a good root touchup. It's been ages since I hennaed the roots (maybe since... September?).

lapushka
January 21st, 2016, 01:25 PM
It's unlikely to hit me, but I could definitely stand a good root touchup. It's been ages since I hennaed the roots (maybe since... September?).

That's quite a while. Maybe you're tempted to grow it out? :)

Anje
January 21st, 2016, 02:07 PM
That's quite a while. Maybe you're tempted to grow it out? :)

Yeah, but I never make it more than about a year. I was a redhead til my mid-20s (and you can see in my album, it was a rather intense red), and I have trouble giving that up. Lately, I've had this pinkish red dye in it since November that has made me not feel the need to henna, but it washes out at the roots where I shampoo it.

lapushka
January 21st, 2016, 03:02 PM
I like the henna red on you, Anje, it suits you! First time I checked out your album and saw your profile picture! It's *really* pretty on you! :)

Anje
January 21st, 2016, 03:08 PM
I like the henna red on you, Anje, it suits you! First time I checked out your album and saw your profile picture! It's *really* pretty on you! :)

Thanks. It's very close to my old natural color, so it makes sense that it just sorta works. I didn't even strand-test the first time I did it. It was like, "Henna is orange, be forewarned." Me: YES! That's the stuff I want!

lapushka
January 21st, 2016, 03:28 PM
Thanks. It's very close to my old natural color, so it makes sense that it just sorta works. I didn't even strand-test the first time I did it. It was like, "Henna is orange, be forewarned." Me: YES! That's the stuff I want!

Yes! I was like that in my twenties. I loooved that orangey red on me, esp. with my freckles! It just completed the picture, you know?

Maelyssa
January 21st, 2016, 05:51 PM
Oh my gosh talk of henna annnnd SMTs. I haven't done one of those since I first rehabbed my locks after discovering this site many moons ago and I was coming off the bleach and heat bandwagon.

I'm actually really looking forward to a weekend of hair treatments. :)

papayatree
January 21st, 2016, 07:18 PM
If it "snows" here, It will be really hard for me not to use Coconut oil! :p

MeAndTheMaz
January 21st, 2016, 09:45 PM
I'll probably SMT. I'm still 100% convinced, but I'm also trying caffeine, and that's one way to apply. US Women's National Team (soccer/football) is taking on Ireland, so I'll plan around that.

Frankenstein
January 21st, 2016, 10:16 PM
There's a chance I'll be stuck at home all weekend due to nasty weather but I doubt I'll do anything special with my hair. Being snowed in makes me super irritable so the best thing will probably be to put it up and leave it alone :p

Garnetgem
January 21st, 2016, 10:26 PM
May wash it in the new shampoo i have bought so unsure what to expect it to turn out like.

Islandgrrl
January 21st, 2016, 11:04 PM
Well, first, I wish I were snowed in! What a treat that would be!

Henna would happen, of course. And a good long SMT. But that's about it.

PristineAllure
January 22nd, 2016, 06:24 AM
No. thought about an oil treatment, but I'm lazy.

chen bao jun
January 22nd, 2016, 07:25 AM
I will stay in my satin cap probably. I just washed my hair two days ago and I will let it rest.
I wont start a big treatment in case we lose power (and water) in the middle of it.

embee
January 22nd, 2016, 10:36 AM
I'm with you. chen, maybe the power and water will go away - not a good time to do hair stuff. ;) I propose to read books and to surf the net while there is power.

Anje
January 22nd, 2016, 10:36 AM
I'll probably SMT. I'm still 100% convinced, but I'm also trying caffeine, and that's one way to apply. US Women's National Team (soccer/football) is taking on Ireland, so I'll plan around that.

And Bundesliga is starting up again!

lapis_lazuli
January 22nd, 2016, 10:40 AM
I might also take the time to do a caffeine/coffee rinse... haven't done that in a while :hmm:

Maelyssa
January 22nd, 2016, 01:43 PM
I've tried coconut oil and unfortunately get the crunchies from using it as is but I've never tried the caffeine experiment. Does it help with growth, must be?

And typically I have sooo many things to do every weekend and being stuck inside in crazy weather doesn't make me happy but finding my Fire Genasi really was a stroke of luck (no clue when or why I put a stash in a bookshelf of all things lol). Now I'm looking forward to one day of R & R plus henna. So really this is just a great excuse to take a day & pamper my hair...LOL!

georgia_peach
January 22nd, 2016, 05:16 PM
I'm concerned about losing power, too. But I went ahead and did a wash and then conditioned twice. I put Neem oil in my last round of conditioner. Once I got past the super strong smell, I am loving the results. My hair is much silkier and doesn't have the crunchies that coconut oil can give.

Maelyssa
January 23rd, 2016, 02:16 PM
So after an application of Nightblooming's Fire Genasi for 2 hours here's where it's at...
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd510/_Melyssa_/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-01-23%2016.07.48_zpsk4y5r99r.jpg (http://s1223.photobucket.com/user/_Melyssa_/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-01-23%2016.07.48_zpsk4y5r99r.jpg.html)

I should add that it looked darker pre-henna and also my camera doesn't seem to show the copper shade as true to color as it should...it looks a more red-orange in real life.

Hairkay
January 23rd, 2016, 04:27 PM
Take a soak in the bathtub with some olive oil and almond oil added then dunk my head that had previously had a banana deep conditioning treatment before the bath. Have a nice scritch and head massage. Then have a quick shower after to make sure everything is all rinsed away and take my time to replait my hair preening as I go along. If I can get away with it I'll do that wrapped up in a quilt.

lapis_lazuli
January 23rd, 2016, 05:19 PM
Ok so... I'm not 'snowed-in' per se but mentally I am. Haven't left the house at all. Maybe I will go for that coconut oil treatment tonight before wash day tomorrow :hmm: