PDA

View Full Version : Is it true that hair transplant can restore my hair?

jocelyn anne
January 21st, 2016, 04:16 AM
When I was young, I always hated mt thick hair since it is so hard to tie my hair. But now, oh god. I would exchange anything to bring it back. I am a healthy person, I do not drink and smoke.

My boyfriend and I broke up and I was so depressed. It started frequent hair fall, then, hair thinning. I do not want to add losing my hair to my problems. :confused::confused:

lapushka
January 21st, 2016, 05:59 AM
Have you been to your doctor to have your blood checked... just in case; and exactly how much hair loss is a lot? It varies for everyone. If it's in the normal range (like 100 hairs a day), you really shouldn't worry.

Chocowalnut
January 21st, 2016, 06:27 AM
Hair shedding increasing during stress for sure. I can't say 100% but it should return to normal when you're feeling better. I'm very sorry for what you're going through. . If it doesn't get better I would get some blood tests, if you can, but it should get better.

Anje
January 21st, 2016, 07:52 AM
Have you been to your doctor to have your blood checked... just in case; and exactly how much hair loss is a lot? It varies for everyone. If it's in the normal range (like 100 hairs a day), you really shouldn't worry.

This. There are several conditions (anemia and hypothyroid being common ones) that can cause hair thinning, which are quite treatable but need to be diagnosed or eliminated before you start trying anything yourself.

missrandie
January 21st, 2016, 08:21 AM
I'd just like to echo everybody else here.

Once you come out of the depression and get your stress levels manageable, the hair thinning will most likely stop. However, I would also go get my bloodwork checked, just in case.

These things happen, and many times can be reversed.

Hang in there!

Laurenji
January 21st, 2016, 08:27 AM
Once you make sure you're healthy, there are also several less drastic methods of making your hair grow thicker on here - scalp massages with Jamaican Black Castor Oil is one method I know, and I've seen some recipes for essential oil mixes that people have also found helpful. I saved one as a blog post here. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=116226)

lapis_lazuli
January 21st, 2016, 09:05 AM
Echoing what others have said: get your blood checked and go from there :flower:

jocelyn anne
February 3rd, 2016, 09:02 PM

Here is me, taken two months ago. I do not usually take photos sideways/sideview since it is apparently obvious.

http://thumbnails105.imagebam.com/46323/109bb1463220595.jpg

Hair shedding increasing during stress for sure. I can't say 100% but it should return to normal when you're feeling better. I'm very sorry for what you're going through. . If it doesn't get better I would get some blood tests, if you can, but it should get better.

Thank you! I just want to ask, how do you define "feeling better"? How certain that is I feel "better" this will stop? Thanks!

This. There are several conditions (anemia and hypothyroid being common ones) that can cause hair thinning, which are quite treatable but need to be diagnosed or eliminated before you start trying anything yourself.

Alright. What kinds of test for the blood I need to have? Is there any blood tests for checking my blood related to hair thinning? Thanks!

Seeshami
February 3rd, 2016, 09:14 PM
To actually answer your question no. Hair transplants are taken from another part of your body (generally the same) in the procedure. Hair transplanted from the back of the head generally fixes thinning hair lines. You will just be MOVING your thin part. That is assuming that absolutely none are rejected. Which is why they take your own hair to try and prevent rejection of all of the hair.

jocelyn anne
February 3rd, 2016, 09:18 PM
I'd just like to echo everybody else here.

Once you come out of the depression and get your stress levels manageable, the hair thinning will most likely stop. However, I would also go get my bloodwork checked, just in case.

These things happen, and many times can be reversed.

Hang in there!

Yeah. Thanks. What I hate the most is, we broke up but it did not turn out well on me and my hair. I was a good partner, but why me? Why slowly takeaway one of the things I cherished the most. (Sorry for being emotional)

Once you make sure you're healthy, there are also several less drastic methods of making your hair grow thicker on here - scalp massages with Jamaican Black Castor Oil is one method I know, and I've seen some recipes for essential oil mixes that people have also found helpful. I saved one as a blog post here. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/entry.php?b=116226)

Castor Oil? I just read in another thread that it can have my condition worse. So, no. Thanks anyway.

Echoing what others have said: get your blood checked and go from there :flower:

My blood? hm... I am just wondering how will a physician know the connection to my hair loss?

OR do I need to look for a specific hair doctor or whatever they call it. Thanks!

To actually answer your question no. Hair transplants are taken from another part of your body (generally the same) in the procedure. Hair transplanted from the back of the head generally fixes thinning hair lines. You will just be MOVING your thin part. That is assuming that absolutely none are rejected. Which is why they take your own hair to try and prevent rejection of all of the hair.

I see. I did not know that. Will it be possible to get a donor/harvest hair from other parts of the body or from somebody else?

What do you mean by "assuming none are rejected"? Is there a possibility that it will fall off?

Silverbrumby
February 3rd, 2016, 09:38 PM
What do you mean by "assuming none are rejected"? Is there a possibility that it will fall off?

Start with a good multi vitamin. Check it has biotin in it. Yoga, and/or meditation or any exercise which makes you feel better. Eat protein, get enough sleep. Eat food and the rainbow of fruits and vegetables. Good oils are essential like olive oil. Satin pillow slip. Don't put oil on your scalp if you think it's an issue.

Seeshami
February 3rd, 2016, 09:51 PM

Yes. There was a DM in a past job who had it done. He had a line of hair removed around the back of his head from ear to ear and put in on his hair line in the front. He lost 30% ish but the rest took I believe is what he said.

Having some one willing to donate hair follicles I dunno if you can find them. Arm hair and leg hair isn't but might work. Who knows you'd need to ask a Dr. who does it.

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
February 3rd, 2016, 10:05 PM
My blood? hm... I am just wondering how will a physician know the connection to my hair loss?

OR do I need to look for a specific hair doctor or whatever they call it. Thanks!

I don't think you'd need to find a specific hair doctor, just talk to your regular doctor/general practicioner about the hair loss. It could be a sign of something else, and they can do tests to see if you are deficient in any vitamins or if you are anemic or something that could be contributing to it.

lapushka
February 4th, 2016, 06:17 AM
Alright. What kinds of test for the blood I need to have? Is there any blood tests for checking my blood related to hair thinning? Thanks!

Just a regular blood test will show if you indeed might be deficient in something that is necessary for good health, and thus hair growth.

If your hair is suffering, that is always the last place nutrients go, so your body will take from that if you are needing the vitamins and minerals elsewhere in the body more (if you don't have enough). So that should be the *first* thing you have checked out.

Anje
February 4th, 2016, 06:24 AM

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. (And when I am, it won't be a medical doctor.)

Tell the doc that you're experiencing hair loss. This is a symptom and should give them clues. Off the top of my head, blood tests should definitely include a CBC, thyroid tests for TSH, T3, and T4, and iron tests should include checking ferritin levels. There may be additional tests the doctor feels are appropriate.

KittyBird
February 4th, 2016, 08:10 AM
Vitamin D, in addition to the ones mentioned by Anje. :)