PDA

View Full Version : Hi!

kyashi
March 8th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Yay! Now I can post! :) I discovered this site towards the end of last year, and was having a lot of fun looking at all the updo ideas and ways to 'properly' take care of one's long hair. I finally decided to join, and was a bit disappointed that I'd have to wait a few weeks to be able to access the members-only sections, and before I got a chance to make any posts at all, the site went down!

I guess it's just as well, now I get to jump in at a new beginning. :)

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from everyone here, and throwing in my $.02 where I can. My hair is almost waist-length, and pretty thick; it likes to eat the hair accessories that most people use for breakfast, so I was happy to learn about hair toys that would work for my hair! Now I can learn to do more with my hair than just a ponytail, plain bun, or french braid. :p
I'm glad the site's back up! :D

Guenever
March 8th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Hi Kyashi!
Welcome as a poster!
- I can't really say "welcome to the boards", because I can see that you've already been here a few months^^
It sure is great to be back! :hollie: And I hope that many of the old threads will be back too sometime.. I miss the booming sections..

Anyway, see you around! :flowers:

CurlyNinja
March 8th, 2008, 06:32 PM
I'm glad you've decided to de-lurk, it seems like a lot of us have after we experienced losing the LHC for so long!

fae
March 8th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Looking forward to reading what you post.
What hair toys do you find work for your hair? What length of forks and sticks work for you?

Gumball
March 9th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Welcome to the boards you can post in! That sounds fitting since you joined a few months back. Having hair that gobbles up accessories just means you'll have to hunt a little better for ones that resist the follicular mouth. Hehe. You'll have a great time here and I'm pretty sure you already are. :)

lionshoney
March 9th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Hello :-).

kyashi
March 12th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Thanks! :)

I feel a bit out of the loop for not knowing about the beauty bottle boards while lhc was down, but oh well. Now I know. I've been trying to not be glued to the computer anymore ALL day anyway....

Fae, I've experimented with a few different lengths of hairsticks, although I haven't tried any forks yet. I've discovered that 9" (I had some chopsticks laying around that I tried) is way too long and sticks out awkwardly, 4" holds up my hair but you can't see it beneath all the hair, and 6" or 7" seems to be just about right.
A friend of mine also told me about these beak clips that were everywhere in stores in Japan. I didn't believe that they would hold up all my hair, but if it's twisted up the right way, they do! I stocked up on those while I was studying abroad there over the summer, for sure! :)
I also have some of these 'magic pins', which I used to hold my hair up in buns before I discovered how to keep it up with sticks.

I'm looking forward to buying more pretty things that can hold my hair up out of harm's way.... but as I'm job hunting right now, I'll just drool over them through the internet. :p