PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to put in rollers?

Nadine <3
January 19th, 2016, 02:05 PM
I've never been able to get great results with sponge rollers unless I put my hair in a tail and then roll the hair, creating a roller bun of sorts. If I try it without the tail A: Can't sleep on them, and B: They never turn out right! I end up with flat spots and dents.

Now, I bought some bendy rollers. I dampened my hair and tested them out. Left them in for three hours. WOW! Bouncy, tight curls! With a huge ugly flat spot in the back of my head... Where do you place them to get good results?

Islandgrrl
January 19th, 2016, 02:10 PM
When my hair was at a length I could use rollers, I always put them in with my head upside down. I got huge, fluffy. bouncy curls that way.

lapushka
January 19th, 2016, 02:15 PM
You divide your hair into 3 sections (making a mohawk in the center, so 2 parts as it were). You roll all the way to the back of your head (mohawk), then do the sides top to bottom. Here's a good video showing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lrh9IeRRDY

Never make the width of your sections wider than the roller, otherwise the hair will just fall off of them.

Arctic
January 19th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Do you mean flat as in no curl, or flat as in you have cowlick on the crown which forced the hair to divide?

Nadine <3
January 19th, 2016, 02:58 PM
When my hair was at a length I could use rollers, I always put them in with my head upside down. I got huge, fluffy. bouncy curls that way.
Ohh, I've never tried just hanging my head upside down. So you just grab random chunks and roll them then?

You divide your hair into 3 sections (making a mohawk in the center, so 2 parts as it were). You roll all the way to the back of your head (mohawk), then do the sides top to bottom. Here's a good video showing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lrh9IeRRDY

Never make the width of your sections wider than the roller, otherwise the hair will just fall off of them.
I've done it this way before and ended up with dents everywhere. Like big dents that wouldn't go away.

Do you mean flat as in no curl, or flat as in you have cowlick on the crown which forced the hair to divide?

Well, I do have a cowlick, but there wasn't curl there either. The entire back of my head is just flat.

Chocowalnut
January 19th, 2016, 03:58 PM
I have similar problems with these too. The curls themselves look beautiful, but the overall shape of my hair looks weird/flat at top or in back.