PDA

View Full Version : It's been a long time

lora410
January 17th, 2016, 07:37 PM
Haven't been on here in yrs. Last year i had to cut off my hip length hair due to a bad perm where salon fried my hair. It was horrible and now im re-growing from short and stacked in back and it's about collarbone now. Just to a point i can barely pin it up with spin pins. I miss using all my hairforks and ficcares... Sigh.. Re-reading all the hair care threads as I've forgotten much of what i learned on here. I dont use heat on it and having it cut, a lot of indigo i had on my hair went with it. So im going to try and grow natural now and get back to hair/scalp treatments. Since i moved from Fl to Nc its at a winter stall. Glad to be back and since kayout is so different im re-learning to navigate the site.. Lol

lapis_lazuli
January 17th, 2016, 07:54 PM
Welcome back! :flowers: You'll get back to where you were, just give it time :) Happy growing!

curlysamantha
January 17th, 2016, 07:59 PM
Welcome back! So sorry to hear about the bad perm :sad you'll get back to your old length though :) no worries and happy growing! :cheer:

Sarahlabyrinth
January 17th, 2016, 08:22 PM
Hey welcome back - and happy growing!

Groovy Granny
January 17th, 2016, 09:21 PM
Welcome back ~ enjoy the journey :blossom:

Garnetgem
January 18th, 2016, 02:43 AM
Welcome back :) sorry to hear of your bad experience but nice to hear its growing back :)

Arctic
January 18th, 2016, 03:23 AM
I remember you! Welcome back! Yes the site has change a bit, but I think for better, you'll learn soon!

Ouch, how awful you got your hair fried :( I wish you speedy growth and healthy hair!

lapushka
January 18th, 2016, 04:20 AM
Welcome back. I had a few perms, but thankfully the curly girl method saved my tush and I could grow out the perm all while growing longer (with a lot of damage, I have to say, my hair was riddled in white dots). Still, I powered through slowly, and boy did it go slowly! We all do it differently. It will grow and you'll be back to a longer length before you know it. When it's short you tend to hit milestones a lot faster. :)

lora410
January 18th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Thanks everyone. Just infused some rosemary, thyme , cinnamon, ginger and cheyenne i had in my spice pantry (since i have no more eo's) into some organic oil coconut oil and gently simmered it in jar on stove (in water of course) smells just like the stuff i made w eo but more cinnamon smell. Hoping it works as good. Saw the caffeine thread and def wanna try a tab mixed in with it when i do next treatment :)