PDA

View Full Version : Silver in bronze, and F to M? Neat changes! :D

Katze
October 13th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Recently I noticed, while pulling my hair back, that not only do I have yet another HUGE crop of baby hairs growing in (despite shedding), but that in the area where I have some silver hairs already, I've got a TON of 1-2 inch long silver baby hairs growing in. It's beginning to look like I will have a Lily Munster streak, though silver-in-bronze instead of silver in black.

Could this be a pregnancy thing? Silver hairs first started coming in after 9/11, I figured it was physical stress. Then they went away, until recently. This crop of silver baby hairs is truly impressive, especially when I think of how much time, money, and energy I spent in my 20s trying to get silver hair...! :D

Any other dark gold, bronze-, hair-colored, ashy, caramel, honey, tawny-hair colored people going silver in streaks? How do you show it off?

The other thing is that I am starting to think I am no longer a finie! My hair acts like fine hair, but the strands are thicker these days over most of my head, and I can see and feel them, which I couldn't when I first joined. Is it possible that my hair can change type just from being pregnant?!? This would explain why my crown hair feels so much thicker, right...?

Anyway just thought I would share. Showed BF the silver last night and he said "pretty color, it really is silver"! I'm wearing my hair "dirty" (aka darker) more often and pulled back to hide scalp cleavage, and it means the streak is more visible, I hope...from arm's length it looks sparkly and cool!

Melisande
October 13th, 2008, 06:27 AM
I'm happy to hear that! Your hair is really beautiful, I'd like to see new pictures. It has a strong will and character of its own, and doesn't always behave the way you'd like it to, but as long as it gives you pleasant surprises, I'd say it's wonderful.

Your hair journey is really inspiring. I'm so glad you are content with it!

I have a similiar color to yours but my grays are simply dull. I color them (Sante Terra). I wish mine were silvery, too. I love silver.

justgreen
October 13th, 2008, 07:35 AM
ARE you pregnant????:)

Melisande
October 13th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Look at her signature:

I'm now 16 weeks pregnant! Our baby kitty is due at the end of March!

:cheese:

Katze
October 13th, 2008, 08:46 AM
ARE you pregnant????:)

yep! Just saw another ultrasound today...absolutely pregnant. :D Apart from the tiredness and back pain, I feel good and am starting to have more energy. BF just said, while getting our early dinner ready, 'you know, I decided I want to carry our baby a lot. Just walk around and do things and have it strapped to me. That way it will feel safe and loved.' I told him this was a big part of why I chose HIM to be the father of my child! :D

Melisande, thank you for the compliments! :flower: I have tried to take some pics recently but they have been terrible. Maybe after Uni settles in I will have time again to take good ones? I've trimmed again and hope it will look better. The silver really does make me happy; it sparkles, and I think it suits my coloration.

I still can't figure out if my hair has changed from F to M...but 'Fine hair is difficult to feel or it feels like an ultra-fine strand of silk' might still fit...

spidermom
October 13th, 2008, 08:57 AM
Hooray on the silver! Mine seems to have come in fairly evenly, except I think I have more of them on the right than the left. I can change the color of my hair by changing the part, what fun!

unaspenser
October 13th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Katze, that sounds beautiful! I hope you manage to get a good pic soon. :)

Islandgrrl
October 13th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Katze...how wonderful that your silvers are shining through! You are so lucky! I wish mine would look pretty and glittery - they just look WHITE. So I henna them to match the rest of my hair, for now at least.

I think it's entirely possible that your hair texture is changing while you are pregnant. I remember my hair growing like mad when I was pregnant and it seemed to me that the texture got little heavier. Despite the sheer amount of hair on my head, it's very much a combination of fine and medium hairs - more medium though, than before I had my kids (for the record, they are 19 and 21 now), so it didn't go back the way it was before my pregnancies. It sure as heck changed color, though!

NightDaemon
October 13th, 2008, 11:24 AM
It's so awesome to see people who are fine with their silver bits. If I manage to keep my hair growing, I can't wait for the day that it's terminal and silver. 'Course, growing up reading The Rowan and such may be an influence there...

maskedrose
October 13th, 2008, 12:09 PM
That sound so pretty Katze! Unfortunately, my family doesn't seem to get grey until they reach their late sixties, which is really a bummer. My mom is 55 and she only has one or two greys in her caramel mane. At 90 my grandpa was still only half white and half blonde, so I think I'm doomed to remain deviod of pretty silver for a loooong time yet.

I can't wait to see pictures of yours! Oh and your BF sounds wonderful - what a guy!

justgreen
October 13th, 2008, 12:20 PM
OMG! I'm so happy for you!!! Yes, things will change will being pregnant, some good, some iffy, some you'll hate. But being pregnant is a time of wonder and awe, enjoy every minute!

brok3nwings
October 13th, 2008, 12:21 PM
katze Yayy to beautiful strong silvers coming! Many people dont like them so its really a good thing when you fall in love with them... about your hair i dont know if it could be changing because of pregnancy but probably you have fine and medium hairs!!
Im glad is everything going well with you, your husband, and your new baby... i am not a mother so i can only imagine it eheh :D

Anje
October 13th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Very cool about the silver. Glad you love it.

I read "F to M" originally as "female to male". Guess I'm not fully indoctrinated yet.

NightDaemon
October 13th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I read "F to M" originally as "female to male". Guess I'm not fully indoctrinated yet.
You're not alone in that.

Elphie
October 13th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Those would be some "neat" changes, wouldn't they? I did the same thing!

Jean_Grey
October 13th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Yes, pregnancy can do strange things to hair. :) Enjoy it.

jojo
October 13th, 2008, 05:48 PM
That sounds rather pretty, I have a few coming in on my right hand side and they look pale blond probably due to my rhubarb expperiments but I kinda like them!

I look at your siggi each week, 4 more week and your half way there to 'hatching!' Would love to see a scan picture of LHC youngest member. Its amazing seeing that little life kicking away and knowing you have created it, baby Kitty is going to have the largest amount of cyber aunties and uncles ever!

I can't wait to 'meet' her and yes pregnancy does change everything about your hair, growth, texture and colour.

{{{hugs}}} and {{{baby bump pats!}}}}} xxx

Teazel
October 13th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Congrats on the silver! :D My hair is a bit darker than yours (well, the hairs that aren't silver, anyway!), but you can see how the streaks look with various updos in my hair album. You can just click my sig pic if you like.

Maybe it is pregnancy that's brought on a crop of silver - it might just be that you're growing more hair overall due to hormones. I do just have to wonder, though... I've heard that a dietary deficiency can result in grey hair. Are you okay in that department?

prosperina
October 13th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I've always heard that grey hairs are coarser by nature. The few that I had/have (can't see them anymore) were definitely wiry in comparision to the rest of my hair that is medium or really more accurately F/M.

Blueglass
October 13th, 2008, 09:52 PM
I'm glad you like your greys. mean feel like wires, and some are brittle.

Katze
October 14th, 2008, 07:25 AM
thanks everyone! F to M in terms of gender, WHY didn't I think about that?!?! Was just talking about the 'other' F to M last Saturday with a friend... Heh heh...

Teazel, that is a good question but I am taking vitamins, eat lots of veggies, drink lots of water, and am pretty healthy (apart from tiredness) but doc is checking out some things from my blood test that made her concerned, so hopefully I will be OK. I have a good feeling, overall, about being pregnant, it is just strange to be kind of weak and then have all these silver hairs coming in...!

unaspenser
October 14th, 2008, 05:10 PM
That sound so pretty Katze! Unfortunately, my family doesn't seem to get grey until they reach their late sixties, which is really a bummer. My mom is 55 and she only has one or two greys in her caramel mane. At 90 my grandpa was still only half white and half blonde, so I think I'm doomed to remain deviod of pretty silver for a loooong time yet.

I can't wait to see pictures of yours! Oh and your BF sounds wonderful - what a guy!

My family's the same way... I daydream about a lovely silver mane someday, but it's not going to happen. Oh well.

Oh, and I read F to M as female to male as well. :D