PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating brushes?

Entangled
January 16th, 2016, 11:19 AM
So at theatre rehearsal, a girl with tailbone length hair had an electric, vibrating, ball-tipped brush. She and the girl who brushed her hair for her swore it made tangles so much easier to get out and said it was stimulating for the scalp. This might be an addition to the nope thread, but I thought it was intriguing. The girl in question has a high taper from what looks like rough handling, but th brush was new, and the girl brushing her hair was going much slower than usual brushing, using it more at the speed one would use a straightener. What are your thoughts in the vibrating brush?

curlysamantha
January 16th, 2016, 11:24 AM
That sounds like it would be amazing on the scalp :disbelief, but I feel like it wouldn't work on my hair :-(

lapis_lazuli
January 16th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Sounds a little... scary. I don't think my hair would respond well to that :? I can only envision it creating more tangles as it vibrates through the hair.

meteor
January 16th, 2016, 11:30 AM
She and the girl who brushed her hair for her swore it made tangles so much easier to get out and said it was stimulating for the scalp.

Hmm, interesting, it's one of those things I'd like to test out... Obviously, the vibration would be stimulating to scalp, but as for tangles..., I just don't know, I can see it going both ways: I can definitely see how it can tangle up hair, but also... how it can probably help loosen up tangles in some situations, depending on speed and how exactly the vibration is set and on how you hold the brush, the density of bristles, etc... :hmm:
I'd be curious to hear reviews! :D

curlysamantha
January 16th, 2016, 11:31 AM
I feel like it wouldn't be too bad for tangles in straight hair, but it would probably create more in curly hair.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 16th, 2016, 11:53 AM
Sounds like a similar sort of gimmick I saw, an advertisement for an electric hair brush which was supposed to increase hair growth. From Edwardian days.

lapis_lazuli
January 16th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Ehh, I don't trust it. I'll stick with my old-fashioned manual brush thank you very much :grin:

Night_Kitten
January 16th, 2016, 12:21 PM
The vibration certainly could stimulate the scalp (like a scalp massage), and in straight or slightly wavy hair moving a vibrating object slowly could help undo tangles... Would be very cautions to try it in curly hair though...
Would sure be interesting to hear reviews / reports from people who tried it...

Groovy Granny
January 16th, 2016, 12:29 PM
With my fine silver....not a chance...it would eat my hair :tmi:

Wildcat Diva
January 16th, 2016, 12:44 PM
Reminds me of the electric Gilette "Purr" derangling comb that my mom used on me in the 70's.

Angela_Rose
January 16th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Sounds a touch terrifying, frankly. My sort of coarse, sort of curly hair would probably tangle up in fright.

Anje
January 16th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Sounds kinda scary, though if it gets people to slow down when they're brushing it probably could reduce breakage by virtue of that alone!

Nadine <3
January 16th, 2016, 04:48 PM
Sounds like something I would would buy just to try out because I'm curious. I would probably end up hating it and using it elsewhere. :p

Anje
January 16th, 2016, 08:25 PM
You know, I'll bet my cats would love it.

lapis_lazuli
January 16th, 2016, 08:45 PM

LOL, you know, my dog too maybe :grin:

yahirwaO.o
January 16th, 2016, 10:08 PM

Its pretty likely to happen with mine too. Well, I think regular old mechanical works fine, but I'll Give it a try just out of curiosity! And yes those type of brushes have been hanging around for the longest time!

Garnetgem
January 16th, 2016, 11:07 PM
Sounds like a tool of torture to me i would not try it,one thing vibrations would cause static which in turn would frizz hair so then creating tangles,nah i pass on this on it sounds just to scary!

embee
January 17th, 2016, 07:20 AM
Gah...... ball-tip bristles are a no-no for my hair. Can't imagine vibration added to that. Sounds like it would create mini-backcombing.

I guess one could see what would happen if you wiggle your regular brush back an forth all the way down the length. Doesn't sound promising to me.

ChloeDharma
January 17th, 2016, 10:19 AM
I used to have this body massager with various attachments for different uses. Well actually my mum did and I nicked it off her lol. Anyway one of the attachments was for the scalp so I used it as a teenager every night before bed. I only placed it on the scalp though, never tried brushing with it. I absolutely loved the feeling it gave and my hair did grow very well back then but that could have just been the benefit of being young.

Night_Kitten
January 17th, 2016, 12:06 PM
I used to have this body massager with various attachments for different uses. Well actually my mum did and I nicked it off her lol. Anyway one of the attachments was for the scalp so I used it as a teenager every night before bed. I only placed it on the scalp though, never tried brushing with it. I absolutely loved the feeling it gave and my hair did grow very well back then but that could have just been the benefit of being young.

Now that is really interesting... If I remember correctly we have something similar somewhere in the house, but I haven't seen it for ages... Will need to search for it and try it out, possible better growth sounds really good :)

ChloeDharma
January 17th, 2016, 01:43 PM
Now that is really interesting... If I remember correctly we have something similar somewhere in the house, but I haven't seen it for ages... Will need to search for it and try it out, possible better growth sounds really good :)

I do still have it and want to start using it again but it's somewhere in this outdoor cupboard that has big spiders in it so I'm too scared to search through there. I'll probably get someone to look through it for me. I've tried finding a replacement but sadly haven't had much luck but if I do, or I find a new one I will start using it again I think.