PDA

View Full Version : I must be crazy - my hair turned dark overnight!

dukkelisa
October 12th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I have never had this happen before, I noticed my hair had significantly darkened yesterday. Is it possible that the jar of conditioner I bought and have used twice changed my hair colour to a carmel? I am shocked! I took a photo yesterday (my avatar). The conditioner was a jar of pantene intensive treatment extra straight. I bought it because it was on sale for a couple of bucks. The lable was in spanish, but I found it on the internet and saw that you leave it in for 3 minutes. This is the only change in product I have had. Any suggestions? :uhh:

Delila
October 12th, 2008, 05:44 PM
I can't say for sure, but I do know that if my hair is well moisturized, it's darker than it is when it needs moisture. This is true for the entire length, but probably more noticeable at my hemline.

Speckla
October 12th, 2008, 06:11 PM
My hair is always temporarily darker after a deep conditioning.
________
MAC GAMES (http://macgame.org)

Friesiangirl
October 12th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Funny, my hair get's lighter after a good moisturizing.. Or maybe it just picks up the light better.

I'm sure it'll fade unless it chemically did something to your hair, which I doubt. It's probably just coated in something that catches light differently :)

Hayley

ChatoyantLocks
October 12th, 2008, 07:13 PM
My hair darkened after I started using coconut oil. It looks almost auburn when I am in indoor lighting, now.

melikai
October 12th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Maybe try a good clarifying treatment and see if it lightens your hair up again - that is, if you don't like it darker!

dukkelisa
October 12th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Ah, that is probably what happened. I had no idea about the conditioner, because I don't us it as a rule, it makes me break out. I had not noticed the darkness when I use olive oil, but this conditioner sure did it. I will see what happens over time. I really don't one way or the other what colour my hair is, as long s it is natural and not changing due to chemicals in the conditioner. Thanks for the responses, there were so reassuring!

maskedrose
October 13th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Oooo we're almost color-twins!

cone-y products tend to darken my hair a bit, and I know pantene is full of them. I agree with the suggestion to clarify and then maybe switch to a cone-free conditioner and see if it lightens a bit.

However, sometimes autumn/winter darkening will just hit me one day out of the blue and I'll stare at myself for awhile in the mirror and think "huh, where did my sunlights go?" Maybe thats whats happening?

Katze
October 13th, 2008, 05:19 AM
mine changes dramatically depending on how long ago I have washed it and what I've washed it with...everything from gold-blonde to ash brown. If I oil it, it goes really dark. I think this is normal with lighter hair. :)

ljc
October 17th, 2008, 09:28 PM
not to worry....you, madam, are a lovely person, light or dark. Please don't let it stress you in the least.

sincerlely,
LJC