PDA

View Full Version : Yet another happy YUKO Japanese hair straightening customer.

sanari
January 11th, 2016, 06:07 PM
I am a Puerto Rican female who has always had long hair.

I recently cut my hair four years ago because I was divorcing an abusive husband. It was symbolic, for me. It felt like I was getting rid of the bed emotions. It wasdown to my waist, but I had it cut to my shoulder.

I have not processed my hair for 15 years. Without knowing about the water only method, I had been doing it for a long time. So by the time I decided to have this process done, my hair was very healthy, strong, and shiny.

Time for the photos, I guess!

http://s28.postimg.org/bc4p2226l/image.jpg

calmyogi
January 11th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Oh Wow! Look at the length in the after picture! Beautiful! I wish my hair curled like yours.

sanari
January 11th, 2016, 06:25 PM
Thank you for the compliment! Gave me butterflies in my stomach, ha ha. I love my hair. Does not everyone?

lapis_lazuli
January 11th, 2016, 06:28 PM
Wow, what a difference! Gorgeous curls and the new length is awesome! I'm glad you are happy with the results :)

papayatree
January 11th, 2016, 06:48 PM
It looks awesome in both before and after, and by the way welcome to LHC. I hope you enjoy your stay.

calmyogi
January 11th, 2016, 07:02 PM
Thank you for the compliment! Gave me butterflies in my stomach, ha ha. I love my hair. Does not everyone?

Your welcome!

Shia
January 11th, 2016, 07:09 PM
Wow! It looks fantastic. It looks like you have had the best of both worlds! Super curly and super sleek :)

sanari
January 11th, 2016, 07:14 PM
You guys are the pros – what is my length category? I see you guys during around acronyms and I have not caught on to all of them yet. Can you help me?

sanari
January 11th, 2016, 07:15 PM
I apologize for my typos – I have MS and I use dictation to write on the forums.

chen bao jun
January 11th, 2016, 07:28 PM
We are hair twins, I look like your 'before' photo (but not as long). My husband just looked at your photo and said to me, yes, that's your hair.

The 'after' looks good but I'm curious what's the Japanese straightening you did? Is it permanent at all (I mean, does it stay straight after you wash?)

I'd say you are defnitely more than tailbone and maybe classic according to our acronyms, when straightened (I couldn't see exactly where the bottom of your hair was, in regards to your body), when you are straightened, which is what I think counts for length. Curly hair being all different kinds of lengths at different times when its not straightened. Curly, you seem to be about waist, but again, I don't think the length can ever be accurate with curls, especially corkscrew type curls like ours.

Your hair looks as thick as mine is, also and we are about the same amount of grey. Welcome to the boards.

slynr
January 11th, 2016, 07:30 PM
I love both versions of your gorgeous mane!! Thank you for sharing!

calmyogi
January 11th, 2016, 07:38 PM
I feel like you look like your just passing tailbone length to me.

lapis_lazuli
January 11th, 2016, 07:39 PM
You guys are the pros – what is my length category? I see you guys during around acronyms and I have not caught on to all of them yet. Can you help me?

It's a little hard to tell from the photo but I'd guess you're around hip-tailbone :)

sanari
January 11th, 2016, 07:55 PM
Hi twin!

Did you grey early? I got my first white hair at 14, and I have allowed the grays to grow because I do not like the question "is that your hair"? My stylist says that the majority of my gray hair is in the center of my head.

Japanese straightening is permanent. I can wash my hair, and allow it to air dry, and it will still be the same. I could blow dry it, but I have never really use a blow dryer so that will be something I will have to learn.

yahirwaO.o
January 11th, 2016, 08:11 PM
I love both pictures, but I'm a sucker for your super straight hair. It looks hip-tail bone lenght!

Im glad you are happy and pleased! So yeah. Work it Girl!!!!!! :bow::bow::bow:

chen bao jun
January 11th, 2016, 08:19 PM
No, I didn't grey early. I'm 58 now.

the majority of my grey is at the center of my head, too and it sort of starts in the middle of the crown of my head. so, I appear not to be grey at all from the front. But from the back I look like you. I have allowed the greys to grow because I think they look pretty. I don't get the question 'is that your hair'. But I can see why you do. the length you have is amazing, especially for a curly hair type and very beautiful. I hope one day (it will be years) to be your twin in length, too!

I'm not willing to do permanent straightening in my hair, but the YUKO Japanese straightening looks wonderful on you. You could be an advertisement. Enjoy!!

Islandgrrl
January 11th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Wow, your hair is gorgeous. Either way!

Mademoiselle
January 12th, 2016, 05:08 AM
Sanari I really love the results !! you have new hair :D looks very beautifull :bowtome::inlove:

lapushka
January 12th, 2016, 06:40 AM
Looks good both ways, IMMHO! :D

Your curly hair is in the 3s, 3b or even 3c I would dare to guess, but I'll leave it up to the curly pro's around here. :)
Your straight hair is 1a, no doubt. Depends on what you want to go with, I guess.

chen bao jun
January 12th, 2016, 07:43 AM
I'd call her a 3b/c from what I can see but its not easy to tell as her hair in the curly photo isn't defined so she has frizz. Properly moisturized it might look very different. Either curlier or looser, curls can can do either one when moisturized and nourished. Also her hair is so long (and also so extraordinarily thick) that she might well(probably does) have curls stretched out by the weight of the hair.

I would suggest going over to the keratin straightening thread for the OP--does anyone have a link? I'm thinking that any form of permanent straightening tends to seem like a miracle the first time the treatment is done but without research and knowledge, the second time, hair breakage and other issues can start even in very strong, healthy hair (which it is clear that she has). she would certainly profit from reading MINAKO's posts and do some proactive things so that she continues to be happy with the treatments and continues to have the beautiful hair that she does now. MINAKO has a very similar similar hairtype in her natural state, if not exactly the same and also similar length and has been doing this a long time, with no negative results and the OP might pick up useful knowledge from her.

sanari
January 12th, 2016, 09:06 AM
I'd call her a 3b/c from what I can see but its not easy to tell as her hair in the curly photo isn't defined so she has frizz. Properly moisturized it might look very different. Either curlier or looser, curls can can do either one when moisturized and nourished. Also her hair is so long (and also so extraordinarily thick) that she might well(probably does) have curls stretched out by the weight of the hair.

I would suggest going over to the keratin straightening thread for the OP--does anyone have a link? I'm thinking that any form of permanent straightening tends to seem like a miracle the first time the treatment is done but without research and knowledge, the second time, hair breakage and other issues can start even in very strong, healthy hair (which it is clear that she has). she would certainly profit from reading MINAKO's posts and do some proactive things so that she continues to be happy with the treatments and continues to have the beautiful hair that she does now. MINAKO has a very similar similar hairtype in her natural state, if not exactly the same and also similar length and has been doing this a long time, with no negative results and the OP might pick up useful knowledge from her.

My curls get looser when moisturized, almost wavy. So I labeled myself as 3a.

I will find this thread you speak of, and study it.

chen bao jun
January 12th, 2016, 11:38 AM
My curls get looser when moisturized, almost wavy. So I labeled myself as 3a.

I will find this thread you speak of, and study it.

That makes sense then, 3A.

Yes, look for anything with MINAKO's name, she knows what she is doing and I think will very helpful in keeping your beautiful hair straight, the way you like it, long term good luck :)

sanari
January 21st, 2016, 02:59 PM
I took a picture of my back while naked. My hair is a little lower than waist length.

chen bao jun
January 21st, 2016, 03:08 PM
Very nice, congratulations.

Isn't it nice to realize what length has been being hidden in your curls?

sanari
January 21st, 2016, 05:28 PM
:)

I am very happy. When I brush my hair in the shower it comes out pretty straight. I took a picture of my back a couple of months ago, and it was waist length.

I feel my hairstylist left me enough hair after cutting off the dead ends/split ends.