PDA

View Full Version : What do we think about

W2
January 11th, 2016, 08:12 AM
this straightening brush?

Combination of brush, hair dryer and straightener. I've seen some comercials ... with before and after pictures. But how damaging are they?

lapushka
January 11th, 2016, 08:25 AM
If there's a link there or a picture, I can't see it.

W2
January 11th, 2016, 08:58 AM
https://youtu.be/zYorUCamZJc

bunneh.
January 11th, 2016, 09:40 AM
There are a few problems I could imagine while using it... First it's a brush so you'd need to finger detangle and/or use a wide tooth comb before using it to avoid tangles especially since people straighten their hair from root to the tip and brushing long hair that way causes any tangles to tangle even more. A lot of brushing is bad for your hair as well as heat you apply to the hair, so there's definitely going to be some damage. Any shedding and shed hairs could get stuck to the brush so you'd have to clean it very well after each use. Based on the video, it doesn't work as well as a straightening iron, so if you really want to straighten your hair, I'd say they're a better option.

reilly0167
January 11th, 2016, 10:01 AM
Looks like a waste of money and time... Especially for us curly girls...may work for some with fine hair when used as a touch up freshen your style a bit?....idk all I know definitely not for me

turtlelover
January 11th, 2016, 10:33 AM
It looking frightening to me, and quite damaging.

ebaviisakas
January 11th, 2016, 11:55 AM
I would imagine it is about as damaging as using a regular hair straightener. I don't understand why this product was made though...It looks like a less effective version of regular ceramic hair straighteners.

door72067
January 11th, 2016, 12:26 PM
I tried one similar to this

http://www.amazon.com/Infiniti-Pro-Conair-Hair-Styler/dp/B001330XFA/ref=zg_bs_11058221_20

but it never worked well for me

I do like my InStyler, however, I don't use it every day, maybe 4-5 times a year. I can't speak of how damaging it would be to use every day.

lapushka
January 11th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Nooo way! Maybe something like that is good if it's a regular comb attachment to a dryer (there are other kinds that are more stripping). Then to go in with a flat iron afterwards. Might be good for those of us with a mild to heavy curl pattern. Otherwise, I don't see the point.

lapis_lazuli
January 11th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Eep! :scared: No! When it comes to anything heat-related, I run for the hills!

yahirwaO.o
January 11th, 2016, 08:07 PM
I guess it could work for me, since my hair is already straight-ish but not so much with tight curly dry textures.

But for a smooth pin straight look I still prefer a good old straightener, nothing beats the sleekness and shine it gives!!!

.... that is of course with moderate use!!!!

So in my opinion this brush is kinda pointless!!!

Beatrixity
January 11th, 2016, 08:47 PM
I think the idea is nifty, but brushing while wet, and heat treating hair sound like a double threat to hair health to me.

Frankenstein
January 11th, 2016, 08:51 PM
It's interesting, but not something that I would go out and buy.

Vallena
January 12th, 2016, 09:51 AM
I would be worried that it would catch in my hair and my hair would burn. Even if I had detangled, I wouldn't want to risk it!

Platzhalter
January 12th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Why would you even need this thing?
Okay, some people like to straighten their hair and I don't mind those people... but why do they always make those fancy new "all-in-one"-tools that probably are not that new at all... are there really enough people who buy this stuff?

Jo Ann
January 12th, 2016, 06:08 PM
http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_eek.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAp9sFVdERQ

cathair
January 12th, 2016, 06:14 PM
I just think it's a little bit pointless. I can blow dry my hair 1b straight just by finger combing and blow drying on a low heat. I see you are 1c already though, so maybe you're going for 1a straight :shrug:

I can't imagine bushing when damp is a great idea, but if you get on with other brushes okay I guess you might get away with it.

curlysamantha
January 16th, 2016, 09:10 AM
I think its pointless :rolleyes: most of the people in those commercials for it already have pretty straight or have wavy hair. It probably wont work for someone with extreme curls, and I find that those are usually the people that want their hair to be straight.