PDA

View Full Version : Growing out bangs HELP!

indianflower
January 8th, 2016, 01:22 PM
I've been growing out my bangs for quite sometime. Only problem is that I keep cutting it every time it gets past my chin. It is now past my chin by a little and does this awkward thing of curling in and does not blend in with the rest of my hair. I have naturally wavy hair and I want to restrain from straightening/curling my bangs so it won't be so damaged.

lapis_lazuli
January 8th, 2016, 01:28 PM
Have you tried clips or pins to keep it out of your face? Experiment, maybe get some pretty accessories :) And yeah, I would definitely avoid heat. They'll be past this awkward stage before you know it!

bunneh.
January 8th, 2016, 01:30 PM
Oh yes, I know what you mean. I cut my bangs very thick and kept them for about 2 years I believe then suddenly decided I want them thinner. I let my bangs grow out to about lip length before I cut a smaller portion back into bangs (I just look so much better with bangs). Anyways, the ex-bangs as I call them are now at about chin length and curving inwards a lot. It's a bit annoying but I just tuck them behind my ears most often and they will stay like that for a while or I keep them on the sides of my face. I don't know what to advise you though, maybe try to pin them back so that they don't go into your face or wear a headband or something to keep them away. :)

indianflower
January 8th, 2016, 01:53 PM
I actually just pinned them back today because they got super annoying. I can't wait for them to get out of this stage lol.

missrandie
January 8th, 2016, 02:14 PM
I tend to use little clips or barettes and take mine straight back and make a little pouf with them.. That or I twist them across the top and to the side.

kaeide
January 8th, 2016, 03:31 PM
You could do a twist braid for just your bangs and clip them into place. It gives you volume, and it's super easy.

AJNinami
January 8th, 2016, 07:45 PM
I've been growing out my bangs for quite sometime. Only problem is that I keep cutting it every time it gets past my chin. It is now past my chin by a little and does this awkward thing of curling in and does not blend in with the rest of my hair. I have naturally wavy hair and I want to restrain from straightening/curling my bangs so it won't be so damaged.

Headband braids work very well for this. They're not that hard to learn, and look very cute. You can find a million tutorials on youtube :).

Daydreamer.
January 9th, 2016, 02:02 AM
I used to have them. I would split the bangs down the middle. Comb each side and pin them to the side of my head with snap clips.

joannanuisance
January 13th, 2016, 07:21 PM
i bought a set of barrettes (like these ones (http://www.amazon.com/Vidal-Sassoon-Piece-Metal-Barrettes/dp/B007P292FA)) and i use them to either pull my bangs kind of back and to the side, just out of my face, or straight back with some longer hair from the sides of my face so it's secured behind my head. i don't know if it would work for the curl issue you're having, but it should keep them out of your way at the very least! best of luck. :)