PDA

View Full Version : Lazy and long haired.

dogzdinner
January 8th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Does anybody else feel that they fit into this category?

Whilst I love having longer hair its less of a conscious choice to have gorgeous flowing locks and more a life long apathy towards hair care that motivates me!
Ive never had much success with proper hairstyles and really could never be bothered with anything that involved sprays, gels, mousses or heated hair torture implements. My previous styling attempts have always been to just act surprised at how long my hair had gotten, pick a random style and length, go to hairdressers then forget about it again for a year or two.
My favourite thing about long hair now is definitely the low maintenance....wash it every week or two, stick it in a bun and forget its there. yup, laziness would have to be my prime motivator for long hair.:)

tell me Im not alone??!;)

littlestarface
January 8th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Im the most lazy of them all and yes long hair is so easy and perfect for me. I just oil it and put in braids everyday, boom all done.

bunneh.
January 8th, 2016, 11:15 AM
Me, me, me! *rises hand high above*

I've had long hair most of my life and I was lazy my entire life, I used to just shampoo it with sulfates, occasionally condition and wear it loose ALL THE TIME. I do feel though that to take care of longer hair you need more time than if you'd have a pixie or a bob... You have to condition it, because it is long and wear it up or braid it (depending on how tough your hair is) if you want it to grow or just to protect it from any damage, air drying or blow drying takes longer, detangling/combing also takes longer, but it's still worth it imo... I don't have a billion steps in my hair care routine (still a work in progress lol), I just stick to a few basic things that make my hair shiny and smooth for the least amount of work I put in.

Anje
January 8th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Absolutely. I can't be bothered to go in to a salon -- too much fuss, and I can just snip ends myself! Same with heat styling -- it's entirely too much trouble.

I'm that girl who always had her hair in a ponytail, because that's how it stayed out of my face. Now it's in a braid or a bun 95% of the time. I would probably shave my head before I wore it loose on a regular basis.

school of fish
January 8th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Count me amongst your number :D

Where hair is concerned, if it's too complicated, time-consuming, fussy, expensive, demanding or just plain annoying, I won't do it. My routine on the face of it may look too involved to be lazy, but I assure you it's a basic maintenance routine that takes little time and even less effort on my part. Consistency keeps my hair happy, and when my hair's happy, I'm happy! Life is too short for unhappy hair ;)

I'm particularly lazy when it comes to styling. Honestly, a minute and a half is about my threshold for styling patience... maybe that's why I wear my hair down most of the time, haha! ;)

EdG
January 8th, 2016, 12:15 PM
It's not laziness; it's minimum energy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principle_of_minimum_energy). ;)
Ed

lapushka
January 8th, 2016, 12:25 PM
I wouldn't say it's out of laziness, rather because it's easy. I am disabled, and my mom takes care of my washing routine. Apart from washing it weekly, my hair is fairly low maintenance in the sense that it takes mere seconds to put it up when I get up, and then it's up and out of the way for the day and *done*. I mean, that's all there is to it. With shorter hair, it would have to be styled multiple times a week, which is an effort. So yeah, for practical reasons, long is just easier!

Plus, my hair is sort of my "hobby", in the sense that it is about the only part of my body that I still like very much.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 8th, 2016, 01:15 PM
Lazy could be my middle name when referring to some things, hair amongst them :p. Long hair is also a hobby of mine, albeit an unusual one.

lapis_lazuli
January 8th, 2016, 01:31 PM
LOL this fits me to a T! I can't be bothered to do fancy styles. My hair is either in an english braid (for sleep) or in a lazy wrap bun :lol: ! Also haven't been to a hairdresser's in two years and don't plan to any time soon! ;)

Nettyx
January 8th, 2016, 01:49 PM
yup, add me to the lazy list. My hair is fine and straight so when it is short I need to blow dry so it has some body, now I just need to put it up in a bun and I look professional and not like I have been dragged through a hedge backwards. Result. I love low maintenance.

missrandie
January 8th, 2016, 02:16 PM
It probably sounds funny, but laziness is my prime motivator for growing it out :) I can't wait to be lazy with my hair again and have it look good because of it ;)

bunneh.
January 8th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Weird, my hair is definitely more maintenance for me now that I take care of it more... Does nobody else feel like this? I need to blow dry it in winter or else I'll get sick because it's so cold. If I bun it or braid it while it's wet/damp, it'll take days to dry. In order to protect it I have to braid or bun it, even if it only takes 30 seconds to do a bun, I still HAVE to do it, compared to before when I just brushed my hair, ripped some of it out because I was in a hurry and left it down. I have no idea how it got to TBL but I did some S&D today and noticed that my hair never looked better. Thank you LHC! :heart:

battles
January 8th, 2016, 03:53 PM
This is 100% why I'm growing back out from a pixie. I can't be bothered to get my hair cut every month.. or even wash it every day. :p

mermaid lullaby
January 8th, 2016, 04:39 PM
I like being lazy with my hair! the longer it gets the more I can get away with things. If I can't brush it then it's in a messy bun in 15 seconds. On the other hand, bsl I had to brush it out before I went anywhere because I couldn't pin it up before it falls out

gregh
January 8th, 2016, 04:52 PM
Definitely didn't grow mine out of laziness, that definitely took effort. But now that its long I definitely appreciate the decreased level of effort, which I did not anticipate. No more trips to the barber, bed head, etc. Its nice to just tie it back and be done.

trolleypup
January 9th, 2016, 12:44 AM
So yes!

Walking out the door this evening...sweep it around...mmm yep looks fine, not going to bother to detangle. yep.

hanne jensen
January 9th, 2016, 09:26 AM
I'm very lazy and that's why I like my long hair. I can smack my hair up in 30 seconds flat without even using a mirror. Wash every 5 days and let it air dry while doing something else.

meteor
January 9th, 2016, 09:39 AM
That's definitely my case, as well. Shorter hair requires more styling in my case. Long hair just hangs there and is a style of its own. I can bun it within seconds and go longer between full washes than I could when it was short (other things being equal, longer hair absorbs more oils and takes longer before it starts looking greasy).

But... I think there's a bit of a limit to how long my hair can grow while being easier and easier to handle, and, after some length, this trend reverses, because detangling and long washing and drying times all take their toll.
I think it's a bit of a curve, actually: so, for example, waist-length hair is much easier for me to style compared to shoulder-length hair, but classic+ is harder for me to take care of than tailbone, for example. Does anybody else find this?

Mimha
January 9th, 2016, 09:51 AM
In my case, it is a mixture of different things, among which laziness is certainly one key aspects.^^ I mainly think about how easy it is to hide-and-forget about your hair when you are too tired to wash it the last days, or have a bad hair day, and how easy it is to maintain. I also appreciate how quick it is in the morning if I just want it loose : I detangle and that's it. No styling required. But I would say the most important reason is that I want to be free : free from going regularly to the hairdresser to touch up my cut or color ; free from spending money for useless polluting enslaving stuff (I run with max. 2-3 products) ; free from having someone else to handle a body part of mine ; free not to look like anybody ; free not to spend hours in fastidious styling to tame my cowlicks and waves (replaced by a little more time in detangling, braiding, bunning, but hey, since LHC, this has become a pleasure !! :D)

So my laziness is more a need for freedom and independence, I would say. :)

Nadine <3
January 9th, 2016, 09:58 AM
YES!
When I first started growing my hair I thought it was more maintenance than my short hair, but that's just because I was making it harder than it had to be with all my experimenting. Now I've fallen into a routine, and it's very low maintenance! I wash every 5 days with suave naturals and use a mix of cocoa butter and almond oil as a leave in. Let it dry, done. Use a tangle teezer on it when it's wild, bun it in the morning, let it down for an hour or so at night before tying it up with a scrunchi.

MUCH easier than washing and styling every day!

Eastbound&Down
January 9th, 2016, 10:02 AM
I decided to re-grow my hair specifically because I'm lazy/busy and short hair is just too much work, despite looking really cute on me. I loved my bob, but it's not worth the upkeep.

Mimha
January 9th, 2016, 10:37 AM
(...)

But... I think there's a bit of a limit to how long my hair can grow while being easier and easier to handle, and, after some length, this trend reverses, because detangling and long washing and drying times all take their toll.
I think it's a bit of a curve, actually: so, for example, waist-length hair is much easier for me to style compared to shoulder-length hair, but classic+ is harder for me to take care of than tailbone, for example. Does anybody else find this?

Oh yes ! Actually it's the reason why I always ended up cutting it when it started to be over TBL. So in fact this proves the laziness factor, as the reason for cutting was that it was becoming too fastidious^^. Good point meteor !

trolleypup
January 9th, 2016, 10:45 AM
That's definitely my case, as well. Shorter hair requires more styling in my case. Long hair just hangs there and is a style of its own. I can bun it within seconds and go longer between full washes than I could when it was short (other things being equal, longer hair absorbs more oils and takes longer before it starts looking greasy).

In the last (almost) 10 years (wow anniversary coming up!), going from past classic to calf, the care and keeping hasn't gotten significantly worse...once I learned the critical techniques. (comb vs brush, bunning, protective styles)

school of fish
January 9th, 2016, 11:13 AM
<snip>

This definitely rings true for me! Ease of care is one of the big reasons my goal length is BCL/TBL, particularly since I'm one of those people who likes to wear their down most days. I do protective styles for sleeping and for specific activities where it would be unsafe to wear it down, but otherwise I keep it loose. Much longer than tailbone and I know I'd have to adjust my routine, taking more care, more time, more effort than I'm interested in taking.

The waist-to-tailbone range for me is the sweet spot where my fine flyaway hair has enough weight to behave, but remains resiliant enough to stay healthy even left loose. It reads LONG to the general public and makes me feel feminine and happy, yet requires less work than it did at shorter lengths to care for :D

Stray_mind
January 9th, 2016, 11:25 AM
I am too lazy for all cosmetic procedures.I take a bath, wash my hair,clip my nails, use some oil on my body and hair once in a while and that's about it. I barely use any make up too. So i am definitely in this category. I am even growing out my natural hair because i am too lazy to do root touch ups every time. :D

Rhodugune
January 9th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Oh I definitely belong in this group, Im growing my hair long in the most comfy way possible.
I have a routine thats very low maintenance that both me and my hair is happy with.
I co-wash it once or twice a week, let it air dry and luckily its very easy to detangle and I learned several buns so I can vary the way I put up my hair.

cat11
January 9th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Hehe, I have a freind who fits in to this category. Her hair is perpetually tailbone length, false terminal from rubbing on stuff cause shewears it down constantly.

lapushka
January 9th, 2016, 02:00 PM

I don't know... I diffuse, so it's not that much harder. Depends on the tools you do and don't use, I guess, as well.

Hairkay
January 9th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Since I've gotten rid the brush and keep to styling once a week it's easiest dealing with a lot of hair. I don't use hair products and hair saloons for health reasons. I do like the added bonus that I'm not reliant on them so my hair care is totally independent.

Laurenji
January 9th, 2016, 02:55 PM
Me! Half the time I just put my sleeping braid up into a braided bun and leave it like that all day . . . most of the reason I've been able to stretch my washes so much is because I just forget to wash it. I'll brush it with a BBB whenever I take a braid out, but that's about it.

butter52
January 9th, 2016, 03:07 PM
Not me! My hair is curly and when it is shoulder lenght or more it starts needing detangling :(

Kimberly
January 9th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Once upon a time, every other day I would find myself standing in front of a mirror for an hour trying to blow dry my hair faster than it got wet from sweating. Then, the curling iron. And having to go check in the mirror and re-fix it multiple times a day. Not to mention the trips to the salon, the time wasted fooling with products like mousse ... It was a drag.

Now ... every five or ten days I detangle and wash my hair. Sometimes I comb it once or twice in between, or even get out the brush just for fun, but mainly what I do is wake up, unbraid, whip it up in a bun and jab it with a toy, mirror check, and I am done for the day. Lazy, that's me! :-)

Lauraes
January 9th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Now that I'm used to my current routine, there's no way I could see myself going back to washing and heat styling every day. Way too much effort.

cat11
January 9th, 2016, 04:51 PM
this threads reminds me of this song (which I love)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYgxQKb3lQg

Hairkay
January 9th, 2016, 06:42 PM
Once upon a time, every other day I would find myself standing in front of a mirror for an hour trying to blow dry my hair faster than it got wet from sweating. Then, the curling iron. And having to go check in the mirror and re-fix it multiple times a day. Not to mention the trips to the salon, the time wasted fooling with products like mousse ... It was a drag.

Now ... every five or ten days I detangle and wash my hair. Sometimes I comb it once or twice in between, or even get out the brush just for fun, but mainly what I do is wake up, unbraid, whip it up in a bun and jab it with a toy, mirror check, and I am done for the day. Lazy, that's me! :-)

I'll wash mine every day with no effort because it's water washed in the plait style I'm wearing for that week. I shower from head to foot get dressed, creamed/oiled and go. That's it for the daily weekly schedule.

papayatree
January 10th, 2016, 01:14 AM
I cannot wait to be a lazy longhair. However, my haircare will not be lazy.

stelz
January 10th, 2016, 03:08 AM
My hair is cowlicky and when it's short, I have to fight with it to keep it from making me look like an idiot. The top wants to go forward like Mr. Roper's sometimes did on Three's Company, and one side waves while the other side is straight. Maybe I could have done short hair in the 20's when women virtually never left the house without their trusty cloche hats, but not the way things are now. (I do like to wear cloche hats occasionally, and they're great for when you don't have time for eyebrows, lol.)

I do wash every day. Sometimes I wet set, but only if I feel like it and I have time.

I haven't had short hair since I was a kid. It looked a mess then. The closest I've come since was in the 80's, when I had a kind of mullet thing. The hair on the top and sides was layered, the rest was long. So I would have to hang my head upside down off the bed and blow dry it, because heaven forbid you had flat hair in those days. Then I'd spray it a bit and bend all the short hairs except the bangs back with a curling iron. Then I'd brush it a little and spray the whole top and sides again. If I got rained on, it was done for and I had Mr. Roper hair on top. Ugh!

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc322/fennario99/0roper.png

Now it doesn't matter if it gets wet.

Bambi
January 10th, 2016, 04:58 AM
I actually discussed this with a colleauge of mine, a fellow longhair , and we both concluded how lazy we both were and how nice it is to have long hair. I wash my hair every 7 - 10 days ( sometimes longer in between ) , oil , braid , detangle and bun , that's about it really.
Loooove it!!! :)

Islandgrrl
January 10th, 2016, 05:08 AM
Lazy and long haired.....the title describes me perfectly. The biggest reason I have long hair is my utter lack of motivation when it comes to the level of energy required to care for short hair. I honestly can't be bothered. And the benign neglect method was made for me. No fancy or involved routines for me. No special products. Definitely the lowest maintenance possible.

M.McDonough
January 10th, 2016, 06:07 AM
OH YOU ARE NOT ALONE HAHA. I agree..short hair is high maintenance. Some ppl think it's not but it is which is why I personally like having long hair. I hate going to salons every 3 or 4 weeks to get a haircut and once a barber told me don't cut your hair it's beautiful :P

Fnugg
January 10th, 2016, 08:46 AM
I belong in the lazy group, too. I never liked fussing with styling, and hate going to the hair dresser. Long hair means that I can cut it myself quite easily.
I think I am getting a bit too lazy, though. My evening routine is to braid my hair, and in the morning I just put the braid in a nautilus bun, and I do this every day. I am starting to think that I need to start varying my buns a little more. :)

georgia_peach
January 10th, 2016, 09:15 AM
Lazy? Yes, indeed!

And I've just found a new way to amp up the lazy factor. I no longer try to detangle my hair after washing it. I just take off my hair towel and let it dry as is. It's much easier to comb when dry. Cuts down on tangles, time, and energy.

turtlelover
January 10th, 2016, 02:08 PM
Lazy? Yes, indeed!

And I've just found a new way to amp up the lazy factor. I no longer try to detangle my hair after washing it. I just take off my hair towel and let it dry as is. It's much easier to comb when dry. Cuts down on tangles, time, and energy.

I tried this and liked it when the weather was warmer, but my hair takes twice as long to dry in the winter, so sadly I really think I DO need to comb it out before air drying if I don't want to sleep with wet hair.

yahirwaO.o
January 10th, 2016, 06:56 PM
I used to be one and still am from time to time. I simply washed, towel dried it, braid or bunned for the day, braid at night and then wash again.

It was fine and my hair did grow but I got so damn tired and bored. I like blow drying my hair perfectly straight, brush it multiple times, sometimes straighten it, wear it down all the time and twisting-touching it a lot!

I never quite got fully into bunning (low-high cinnamon with U pins-regular scrunchie) but I did learned intercrete braiding just for fun.

... still I have days when I can't be bother and live in a basic cinnamon with just finger combing!

Platzhalter
January 10th, 2016, 10:09 PM
Although I try out a lot of things for fun, lazy generaly describes my hair care routine best. If something takes effort, it may be done by me... but never in the way of "oh, this has to be done" but rather thinking "let's do it... or not, there are things that matter more". My favourite hair style still is a plain (and maybe unhealthy) ponytail and things like S&D only happen when I'm really in the mood to them, you know.

Robi-Bird
January 10th, 2016, 10:34 PM
If I can't hold it up with a stick or fork , it's not the style for me. Twisting it a sliding a stick in is just so much easier, and faster than braiding for me so bunning is my thing. 4 brush it when I want a smoother bun, otherwise I mostly finger come on the shower and that's it apart from occasionally oiling it. When it's longer it might need more detangling but for now it's pretty low maintenance and my laziness doesn't seem to do any harm.

Frankenstein
January 10th, 2016, 11:00 PM
Laziness was definitely a huge factor for me up until I found this site - now I actually enjoy hair care and trying a bunch of new things, although I feel I still have a general lazy attitude towards hair :lol:

burny
January 10th, 2016, 11:49 PM
I was for sure in this camp until I joined LHC. Would wash+condition about once every 2-5weeks, never comb it, never put it up, never style it, never s&d, then just get a trim every 6months or so.
when I joined LHC though, was because I decided that I wanted to take care of it better, and see how awesome I could make it become.

Laurie3030
January 11th, 2016, 07:32 AM
Im that person, too :D

BUT!
When I had bangs, long hair was more difficult because I had to wash it more often. Personally, I find it more easy to have short hair than having long hair with bangs.
Im growing them out now.

Techmouse
January 11th, 2016, 06:24 PM
I fit in here, too. With short har I had to wash every day and blow dry with a minimum of two different gels (a 2 hour process). With long hair, I wash twice a week and spend five minutes every morning to comb and bun/braid my hair. I chose the five minute option. Even with adding WCC and LOC to my routine, I spend less time on my hair. But I have discovered that a couple extra minutes invested in WCC and LOC can drastically reduce the amount of time I spend on my hair the rest of the time.

sanari
January 11th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Add me to the lazy list!

My hair has been long ever since I was a little girl. I have only ever worn it in a loose ponytail, a braided ponytail, pigtails, or down.

I have tried products before because I felt like I had to. But after using that bottle, I never bought any product twice. Now I have increased my laziness by having my hair straightened.

calmyogi
January 11th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Does anybody else feel that they fit into this category?

Whilst I love having longer hair its less of a conscious choice to have gorgeous flowing locks and more a life long apathy towards hair care that motivates me!
Ive never had much success with proper hairstyles and really could never be bothered with anything that involved sprays, gels, mousses or heated hair torture implements. My previous styling attempts have always been to just act surprised at how long my hair had gotten, pick a random style and length, go to hairdressers then forget about it again for a year or two.
My favourite thing about long hair now is definitely the low maintenance....wash it every week or two, stick it in a bun and forget its there. yup, laziness would have to be my prime motivator for long hair.:)

tell me Im not alone??!;)

This is pretty much how I have always been. I would grow it out to about BSL and then I would end up cutting it back to above my shoulders because it would be dry at the ends (not knowing i probably just needed to clarify or maybe cut an inch or two). But anyways, even in the shorter styles I have never been into styling my hair or putting products in it. For a stent of time while I was a teenager I would straighten my hair daily but that only lasted for maybe a year and I was over it for life lol.

calmyogi
January 11th, 2016, 07:09 PM
I belong in the lazy group, too. I never liked fussing with styling, and hate going to the hair dresser. Long hair means that I can cut it myself quite easily.
I think I am getting a bit too lazy, though. My evening routine is to braid my hair, and in the morning I just put the braid in a nautilus bun, and I do this every day. I am starting to think that I need to start varying my buns a little more. :)

Mine goes in a braid at night and a top knot pretty much every day, so I feel ya.

Shia
January 11th, 2016, 07:17 PM
I am So. Darn. Lazy.

With three little boys running around the place, I have no time for hair maintenance. They are the main reason I gave up blow drying my hair every day. I just don't have the time! lol

That said, I do love styling my hair for special occasions :)

teenpalm2
January 11th, 2016, 10:33 PM
Lazy folks unite! I had a pixi cut that I loved but my hair grows so fast that it would look silly within 4 weeks. Long hair is MUCH easier in that I don't have to go get haircuts.

ThrowNormanAway
January 11th, 2016, 10:43 PM
Lazy here too! What haircut, other than a short buzz, is as conducive to benign neglect as very long hair?

Zindell
January 11th, 2016, 10:59 PM
I'm the laziest person I know! Well, I prefer to refer to it as "living a comfortable lifestyle". :o

Long hair equals no morning bed hair to fix. I can litterally go to work (office) without brushing it if I want to and noone would notice, but I usually use a Tangle Teezer every morning.

I don't even do make-up anymore. Never was a big fan, but used to slap on some mascara at least, but no more.

Funny thing. Noone really seem to care that I have no make-up on. Well at least not men. They still joke and treat me as usual. Some of my female coworkers make fun of it sometimes though. "Where's Zindell? Oh, she is probably just in the restroom putting make-up on. *chuckles at own joke*."

(Yes, they did tell me afterwards. They are good sports after all).

chen bao jun
January 12th, 2016, 02:11 PM
I used to spend horrible amounts of time on my hair, wash days were 10-12 hours between the detangling, the washing, the blowdrying and the straightening--and then curly. Plus miserably uncomfortable. Then I switched to natural hair and since I thought this meant braidouts I'd spend all wash day creating millions of tiny little braids, that in a couple of days I had to take out.

I thought my hair was jsut terribly terribly labor intensive and when I found LHC expected the same to continue--I was resigned to it at whatever length of hair.

Now I find I can wash in half an hour, an hour if I pretreat with an SMT, detangle in fifteen minutes or less AND make two braids and pin them up, when my hair is dry, undo the two braids (the only part I don't like is that this is a day or so later) and either just wear my hair like that--or else twirl it around and skewer it with something to make a bun.

I can actually now not even put it in the two braids to dry--I can twirl it around and pin it up in a wet bun.

It is is so astonishing to me to spend less than an hour a week to do my hair and I love it, so yeah, I would count myself as lazy in hair care.

I do have to braid my hair every night to avoid tangles (this is why I often braid after washing, to avoid tangles, because as I've said, the one part of my regimen I hate is the drying time in braids) but this takes under five minutes.

the longer it gets the easier, although I can see that there might be a point where that might stop.

My hair care challenge nowadays is patience while growing. I had to do a lot of research when I first came to LHC and I tried different things before I found what worked, but all I need is patience now.

Kimberly
January 13th, 2016, 12:36 PM
I had to do a lot of research when I first came to LHC and I tried different things before I found what worked, but all I need is patience now.

Yes! When I first came to LHC, it seemed as if my haircare had changed from health/beauty to a lab experiment, and my bathroom and kitchen were full of test products and ingredients, and I had to try different styles of toys and learn updos, and it was really a central part of every day. I guess we all have our learning phase when we get here, and then can go on to be lazy hair-growers. :-)

brickworld13
January 14th, 2016, 04:24 PM
I've always been lazy with hair care. I've learned better techniques along the way and for the most part leave it alone. I get it out of the way and forget about it. Only when it is doing something unexpected do I actually take the time to stop and try to resolve the problem.

Daydreamer.
January 15th, 2016, 05:25 AM
I'm currently short-haired and lazy. It'll be awhile before I'm long-haired and lazy, but it's likely to happen :p

Groovy Granny
January 15th, 2016, 11:31 AM
My hair care challenge nowadays is patience while growing. I had to do a lot of research when I first came to LHC and I tried different things before I found what worked, but all I need is patience now.
Yes....also being flexible, and loving your hair unconditionally.

With those three, there are no 'bad hair days' any longer....an arsenal of hair toys and styles will get you through any hair challenge.

What other people think no longer matters....but it took me a long time to get to that point .....though I admit that once in awhile it still crosses my mind! :o

Yes! When I first came to LHC, it seemed as if my haircare had changed from health/beauty to a lab experiment, and my bathroom and kitchen were full of test products and ingredients, and I had to try different styles of toys and learn updos, and it was really a central part of every day. I guess we all have our learning phase when we get here, and then can go on to be lazy hair-growers. :-)

That is the truth LOL
It became a full time hobby for me for the first year I joined LHC :wink:

Now I can let my hair go 4 days between shampoos, and occasionally a week if my scalp is dry in this cold weather.

In Winter, it takes only a few minutes to warm/cool blow dry my scalp; by then my ends have dried.

In the Summer humidity it dries very fast; I just throw it up in a banana clip and let it curl on it's own as it dries.

Styling is preplanned when I decide what I am wearing, and depending on weather.
I always have an alternative option if something just doesn't work, and nothing is super complicated.

Having long hair gives me more time to do other things.
When I had a short cut it would take time to style it and always needed fussing after.
Now I detangle, put it up, and I'm ready to go!

Long hair is LESS work, once you find the right products and understand the available options for your hair length.

Yup....I am a lazy long hair and I love it :crush:

Phanaferous
January 16th, 2016, 04:58 PM
I fit this description. For years I just let it grow, cut it maybe once every few years. I've been spending more time with it since joining LHC, but I don't feel like I'm obligated to; it's a nice diversion from my regular life.

Washing less often= easy. Not using hair dryer= easy. Adding coconut oil= it was already in my pantry= easy. Trying rag curls= used scarves I already owned= easy. As soon as I get busy it's a cinnabun every day.

librarychick
January 17th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Oh, I am the laziest! lol

I brush once every 3-4 days. My hair goes from bun to braid and back. Repeat. I always sleep in a braid, and the bun is for during the day. I don't really wash it, as (since finding LHC) I've figured out washing was why my hair was such a PITA for so long. My hair does NOT like water, and does best if basically left alone. When I want it to be nice or if I feel like my scalp is getting greasy I use cornstarch to soak up the grease, then brush that out.

I do have to wash once every month-month and a half for my scalp, but the less I use cornstarch the less often I need to wash. Since it's always up it doesn't get dirt etc in it...it's a bit different in the summer when I'm outdoors in my garden getting messy though.

High fives for lazy hair! ;)