PDA

View Full Version : Back after a wild hiatus, I shaved my head?! :O

skeletonous
January 8th, 2016, 10:13 AM
Hello again everyone :pinktongue: it's been a while!

I decided to take a hiatus from the LHC because I was driving myself crazy reading about everyone's long hair while mine was still not yet APL after growing out my first pixie cut and I just needed a break.

So I let it grow a bit and then I decided that I wanted a change after more than a year of not cutting it. I was going through a lot of phases and I desperately wanted a boyish hairstyle again. So I donated about 10 inches of my hair and had an undercut pixie for a second. Then I decided, hey, I've always wanted to shave my head, better now than when my hair is longer right?

So I took my clippers and a half inch guard and shaved it down. That was 8/23/15.

I've been letting it grow out since then (except for mullet trims) and this growing out process has been SO much easier than the first. I feel like it's because I had longer bangs for my first pixie and I refused to trim them, but with this one, it's grown out into a super cute (and now somewhat long) Audrey Hepburn pixie cut.

Measuring from the root it's about 3 inches currently.

I don't regret shaving my head, but I do miss being able to do buns :inlove: I have so many scrunchies waiting to be used!

lapis_lazuli
January 8th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Welcome back! :D I'm glad you found what works for you. And wow- major props for shaving your head, that's really brave of you! It sounds like you had a great experience :) Wishing you the best of luck on your journey!

bunneh.
January 8th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Welcome back, hopefully you enjoy your journey to long hair and get to your desired goals soon! :)

browneyedsusan
January 8th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Welcome back! :waving:

You can definately grow it out again. You're young and have lots of time to mess with your hair. It does take a stinking long time to grow it out, and only an instant to get it shaved. I've been stuck in the pixie --> SL loop more than once!

Happy growing! I hope you enjoy your hair and make the best of the awkward times. Some days are better than others, but that's how life goes, isn't it? :)

lapushka
January 8th, 2016, 12:30 PM
When I was your age, I had about half an inch of hair for a long long time. I only started to seriously grow it in my early thirties. Before that time, I experimented with color, cuts, all of it. So I pretty much got it out of my system. I now made a conscious choice to have it long and had the patience for it, finally.

Fericera
January 8th, 2016, 01:00 PM
Wow! I had missed seeing you around. I think we were in the same growth thread for a while. Anyhow, welcome back! That's great you had some fun with your hair. Sometimes growing it out from a certain cut is a pain ( did an undercut once) so I can understand that growing out from shaven would be nicer probably. At least now you'll have some SUPER dramatic transformation pictures for your LHC celebration post when you hit knee. ;)