PDA

View Full Version : Hairtoys from DBF

maborosi
January 7th, 2016, 08:36 AM
This is a post showing some really cute hairsticks DBF made for me for my birthday this past year.

http://i1376.photobucket.com/albums/ah14/happyhairdays/buttonsstix_zpsfoh0mrzc.jpg

I'd love to snap some nice action shots, but my phone camera is kinda bad quality. DBF and I were going to take his DSLR and take some nice pictures of these sticks!

He made them completely by hand, using oak wood. He whittled them down, and with a saw, carved out the heart-shaped one. Then, he applied a stain, choosing different kinds, and then he applied a coat of varnish on top.

It's his first woodworking project, and I think they turned out great. They're very sturdy, and adorable!!

browneyedsusan
January 7th, 2016, 08:40 AM
he's a keeper! :crush:

bunneh.
January 7th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Those are very well made and very pretty! :)

parkmikii
January 7th, 2016, 09:15 AM
So cute! They look really nice! ^^

Beatrixity
January 7th, 2016, 09:26 AM
Awwww. That's so sweet of him! Beautiful hairsticks. :)

LongCurlyTress
January 7th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Hi! Those are really beautiful!! Btw, what did your DBF use for the final clear coating? My hubby made me a hairstick using an oak tree branch too, but I suggested he use enamel nail polish and that actually worked! but... just wondering what your DBF used... thanks!! ;) :cheer:

Llama
January 7th, 2016, 09:56 AM
That's so sweet of him and he did a great job!

restless
January 7th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Aww :crush: He is a keeper, indeed!

maborosi
January 7th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Thank you everyone. He is such a sweetheart. I've been wanting to post these pics for ages, but haven't had time!

Hi! Those are really beautiful!! Btw, what did your DBF use for the final clear coating? My hubby made me a hairstick using an oak tree branch too, but I suggested he use enamel nail polish and that actually worked! but... just wondering what your DBF used... thanks!! ;) :cheer:

Good question. I think it was polyurethane based, but I'll have to ask him tonight!

Lauraes
January 7th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Aww, that's awesome!