PDA

View Full Version : Late night random rant and gnehh >.<

CreatureBailey
January 4th, 2016, 09:15 PM
But seriously I just feel so like..ugh about Bailey sometimes. (my hair)

Like it's fine, and a bit more on the thin side you know... and like, &?(*?&, it keeps breaking even when I am careful. Like I just gently tried to detangle it (it's not knotty a lot today) and I heard a big ''snap!'' i don't even know what the &?&*) I've done.

Ugh. Bailey is reaching hip length but...like...

Why am I trying to be a hairgrower?.. it's a lifestyle, passion, goal but...like my hair has tons of split ends and keeps snapping and uughh like I don't use heat I don't rub a towel on them so what the *(&_& do you want Bailey what do you waaaant?

When I see people with floor length hair but with thin fine hair it actually gives me hope, like some girls/women I saw on youtube. I'm like, they have this hair type, and they made it, I can to.

I can, right? Meh. I really want this. But there's this voice in my head ''Pshaww you're ridiculous, trying to be a hairgrower and stuff''. Ugh. I should just go to sleep. :(

AutobotsAttack
January 4th, 2016, 09:43 PM
well considering that I myself have fine hair, and i have chemically processed hair, i DO NOT under any circumstance skip deep conditioning. And i use quality products. You can search around for a TON of good hair products. Try to keep your moisture and protein balances in check within your hair. (too much protein and the hair is dry, brittle, and straw like, and hard, and breaks and snaps. Too much moisture and the hair is very limp, and overly soft, mushy, and doesnt hold styles well). IF you can keep the natural moisture and protein balanced within your hair, i promise all the snapping and breakage will stop. Now you have to stop touching your hair, brushing it, combing it excessively. It causes unnecessary breakage. Try a lot of protective styles, learn new braids, new buns, etc. Opt for sulfate free shampoo, experiment with cowashing and, CWC washing (condition, wash, condition). And be sure to keep those ends very moisturized, and just leave them be, as they are the oldest parts of your hair, and are very sensitive and fragile. Other than that it just takes patience, and committment, even if youve hit a ton of bumps in the road. You can look at my album to see my 10 month progress. And believe me, my hair isnt even as long as yours, but im still determined :) Just keep your head up okay?

lapushka
January 5th, 2016, 07:15 AM
You might look up the fine/thin hair thread - it's a great resource. Wait. I'll search for it and link it for you. :)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17115

Nini
January 5th, 2016, 08:58 AM
I you want it, you can have it. I remains to be seen how long you can grow it. And there's no use comparing it to someone with horsetail manes;)

You'll have to settle on why you want long hair and how you want to wear it. If you wanna wear it lose all the time then it probably won't grow as long as it otherwise could. And you'll read that this'll work or that'll work, it's worth a shot, but it might not be your thing.

And breaking a hair here or there is hardly the end of the world. You've still got plenty more to go. Wearing it down will lead to more tangling though, that's just mostly a thing with fine hair.

Anje
January 5th, 2016, 11:13 AM
You can do it. It just takes a bit of extra effort to be careful with it, and an awareness that your hair's fragility and silkiness means you'll have to be careful about protecting it (for me, this means updos) while also having some additional struggles with getting it to stay put.

For me with my hair, 80% of growing my hair and having it stay healthy was just slowing down and paying attention. I comb and brush slower than I used to, so I stop when I encounter a snarl instead of ripping through it. I pay attention to how my hair feels with various treatments and ingredients, and if it starts feeling bad, I stop and figure out what's not working. I was already the sort who wore her hair up most of the time, but switching to buns from ponytails helped a lot and is a lot more comfortable on my scalp anyway.

ETA: Another thing that has helped is learning to question whether what I'm doing is working. I've tried a lot of things that were really popular on LHC, and found out the hard way that my hair didn't like them. No amount of sticking to it or wishful thinking was able to change that, and my hair usually suffered while I tried to force it to work, because it was working for everyone else. Particularly in areas like products, brushing, and particular accessories, not all things are good for all people.

AspenSong
January 5th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Just be patient and extra careful, it's doable! We've got the same hairtype, and I just passed knee. I have no idea how long my hair will get...but I'm trying to see. I've been growing for 7 years. It for me just means a lot of gentle care and trying to find what works best for my fine and thinner hair. :)

Anje
January 5th, 2016, 11:32 AM
Just be patient and extra careful, it's doable! We've got the same hairtype, and I just passed knee. I have no idea how long my hair will get...but I'm trying to see. I've been growing for 7 years. It for me just means a lot of gentle care and trying to find what works best for my fine and thinner hair. :)

I hope mine gets to be like yours, Aspen. I never thought mine would grow as far as it has, given my thickness and taper. I'm only now learning that I need to accept fairytale ends for longer lengths, but that if I let them be fairytaled, the thickness keeps moving downward. They're thicker now at TB than they were when I kept trimming to TB to keep them thick.

AspenSong
January 5th, 2016, 11:56 AM
I hope mine gets to be like yours, Aspen. I never thought mine would grow as far as it has, given my thickness and taper. I'm only now learning that I need to accept fairytale ends for longer lengths, but that if I let them be fairytaled, the thickness keeps moving downward. They're thicker now at TB than they were when I kept trimming to TB to keep them thick.

Aw, thank you! See, I have my own issues accepting the taper and fairytale-ing myself. I keep wanting to trim to thicken the ends, but ultimately it probably isn't going to make a huge difference I don't think. =/
I know it's more care to get finer and thinner hair types long, but it's not impossible. It just takes more time and conscious thought with what you're doing.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 5th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Aw, thank you! See, I have my own issues accepting the taper and fairytale-ing myself. I keep wanting to trim to thicken the ends, but ultimately it probably isn't going to make a huge difference I don't think. =/
I know it's more care to get finer and thinner hair types long, but it's not impossible. It just takes more time and conscious thought with what you're doing.

I certainly agree that fine hair can be grown long. It needs much patience and gentleness EVERY time you work with your hair. It also takes.... years :)

CreatureBailey
January 5th, 2016, 02:16 PM
Thanks so much guys!! :3

Also...what does fairytale means? Is it a way of cutting....? :confused:

samanthaa
January 5th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Fairytale ends, as I understand them, develop from the uneven tapering of one's hair when it's not trimmed (versus, e.g., maintaining a blunt hemline). The ends get wispy and thinner.

I understand your pain. My hair is very thin and fine so I'm prone to split ends and breakage--no matter what I do, it seems. Though I have a lot of splits, my ends still stay pretty soft. I never get the "velcro" feeling that I see some on here describing, which I'm guessing is an issue for another hair type. All types have their struggles.

But I do often find myself thinking the same as you: Why bother? But it's inspiring to see other people with my hair type reaching lengths I never thought I could imagine! Ultimately I'm just curious (and excited) to see how long I can grow my hair, given my fine and thin texture. I've only been active on this forum for a month now, and I'm already more optimistic about my growth journey! I agree with the idea of experimenting with moisture and protein treatments. I've been having a lot of fun with that!

lapis_lazuli
January 5th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Don't get discouraged :) I sometimes get those little snaps no matter how careful I am. Please don't give up. Long hair is an exercise in patience and is a lifestyle and passion as you said. Splits can be cut off, time will pass, and it definitely won't be like this forever. Remind yourself you are worthy and most of all, that you can do this!!! :flower:

mermaid lullaby
January 5th, 2016, 06:37 PM
Yes fairytale is not trimming the hemline. I would only do "search and destroy" though to keep those split ends away.