PDA

View Full Version : Impressive, But No Thanks...

Wavelength
January 4th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Just saw this gif on Imgur of a stylist making a "hat" out of someone's hair. That teased bit in the middle to give the design volume... yikes. :scared:

http://imgur.com/gallery/DNfJaPl

meteor
January 4th, 2016, 09:57 AM
It looks pretty cool! :D I think the teased section could have been replaced with a form in the same color as the model's hair, if one needed to minimize mechanical damage.

Wavelength
January 4th, 2016, 10:00 AM
It looks pretty cool! :D I think the teased section could have been replaced with a form in the same color as the model's hair, if one needed to minimize mechanical damage.

Oh it does look cool, and you're right, there are ways to avoid the teasing. That was the part that made me cringe though -- that and wondering how much product must be in her hair to keep the hat shape stable.

Fericera
January 4th, 2016, 10:04 AM
That's pretty neat! I'm not sure why he didn't use a hair donut though. Would've made more sense, and not taken away thickness from the rest of the hair (not that that was an issue on this particular model).

Llama
January 4th, 2016, 10:10 AM
That is so awesome lol

AJNinami
January 4th, 2016, 10:18 AM
Her hair looks rubbery from all of the product.. Perhaps this is Lady Gaga's stylist?

That would be pretty awesome, although it'd probably fly apart in the slightest breeze.

AutobotsAttack
January 4th, 2016, 11:32 AM
I MIGHT let someone do that to my hair. MIGHT. Im gonna need a ton of conditioner, and detangling spray afterwards. Idk lol But it look so rad! :)

Nadine <3
January 4th, 2016, 12:08 PM
That is sooo cool!! I would never have enough thickness to pull that off, unless it was a super tiny hat, or some hair pieces were used. I think it's neat and really creative.

lapushka
January 4th, 2016, 12:28 PM
Oh that is *so* pretty! And awesomely done too. Hard to believe that's actual hair, but... it is! Gosh. :D Cuuute little fascinator!

Zebra Fish
January 4th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Looks cool! Wouldn't do it and definitely don't have enough hair, but looks so cool :p

missrandie
January 4th, 2016, 01:21 PM
For those times when you want to go to the Kentucky Derby, but don't have a hat...

I also would use a hair donut, or even a hair rat.

jazzhands
January 4th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Haha that's adorable! :D A wee hat, who would've thought.

bunneh.
January 4th, 2016, 03:01 PM
That looks amazing, I don't think I'd ever do it myself though, I'd rather just buy a cute hat and wear it... But if I had to do it once a year for fun and without teasing, I'd do it. :D

yahirwaO.o
January 4th, 2016, 04:34 PM
That looks so cool!!!! :cool:

It also gives the expression "Hat Hair" a total different meaning! :hifive:

DreamSheep
January 4th, 2016, 09:37 PM
Oh my God that is awesome!!
Id probably pass on the teasing bit just because it would be a small (big) nightmare to detangle (and just give them a donut instead), but otherwise I would totally do that :D

Dessi
January 5th, 2016, 01:30 AM
Oh my God that is awesome!!
Id probably pass on the teasing bit just because it would be a small (big) nightmare to detangle (and just give them a donut instead), but otherwise I would totally do that :D
Haha, you definitely have a lot more thickness than it's needed. :D Would look even more impressive on your hair I'm sure.

jel
January 5th, 2016, 01:22 PM
Love it! If they only used a donut. I don't think my hair could be that straight, though!

Spinder
January 5th, 2016, 01:26 PM
It is pretty cool, but if you want to look like you're wearing a hat, why not just wear an actual hat? :laugh:

browneyedsusan
January 6th, 2016, 05:03 AM
I think it's darling! I'd totally try it. (My hair is super slippy, and I'm fairly confident I could get the teasing/product out without too much trouble. :)