PDA

View Full Version : I need all of your opinions please! I'm thinking about cutting my hair tomorrow

brok3nwings
October 12th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Well, its been one year since i had my last hair cut. The problem is that the hairdresser decided that i should get layers AND thinned all my ends that last time (octuber 2007)... :( i´ve been deeling with it since and i always thought "when it grows it will look better", but it doesnt. I hate to think that i probably will have to say goodbuy to some of my lenght... :(

I will show you how they thinned my hair at the ends, i dont like them... and the problem is that they are at the middle of my hair so i dont think i will be able to fix it on my own

the longest layer havent been thinned as the others AND my ends have absolutly no splits but i really hate to look at the mirror sometimes and see all of those unshaped hairs. This hit me two days ago even harder because i was doing waves on my hair with fabric and all of the lenght went fabulouse but the ends were really stupid and thin.

i was thinking about asking to get the layers blunt, take away about 1.5 inch of my longest layer to even a bit the hair...

what do you think honestly???
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/159/dsc02561jq9.jpg
By babokas (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/babokas), shot with DSC-W55 (http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=DSC-W55&make=SONY) at 2008-10-12

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/669/dsc02580cf5.jpg
By babokas (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/babokas), shot with DSC-W55 (http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=DSC-W55&make=SONY) at 2008-10-12

to show you better this was at the day i cut it last year
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj121/brok3nwings/100_5481-1.jpg

Isilme
October 12th, 2008, 12:06 PM
don't cut just yet. Do a small trim now, and do one next month, and next after that until you have full ends again.

spidermom
October 12th, 2008, 12:15 PM
I would cut it. I have no patience whatsoever with bad ends; I'd rather have shorter hair. But if you know you will be sad to lose your length, have patience and trim only a tiny bit each month. That way you can get your ends a little thicker and more even while you gain length.

alligatorbaby23
October 12th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Yet another bad layering experience huh?
I would put it up and forget about it. It is in the middle of your head, so in order to even them up, you would have to cut more of the length. If you just get those layers cut more bluntly, it may end up looking real chunky in the back.
Put it up for a couple months, then get a trim. If you cut now, it will inhibit your progress and frustrate you further IMO.

Miss Hidley
October 12th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I would definitely avoid going back to the hairdresser. Maybe you can even it up yourself gradually if you only trim the longest layer and wait for the shorter feathery bits to catch up, and then get it all blunt cut off when the two are closer in length. At this stage to fix the layers straight away you would have to chop a lot of length off, and I think you would really notice that much of a difference...

brok3nwings
October 12th, 2008, 12:38 PM
spidermom i dont have pacience either... while other people dont notice it i really do. When i plop my hair and have more waves i dont notice it that much but most of the time my hair looks like in the picture... i was thinking about asking to just take away those thinned hairs and keep the layers (as if i had to take my layers i would have hair shorter then shoulder lenght...) Spidermom do you know if that is possible? Or if layering includes always thinned ends to blend better?

brok3nwings
October 12th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Miss Hidley thank you, i know what you mean and i must tell you, im not thinking about going blunt... (not now), as you said, i would have to lose a lot. Im just thinking about taking off the thinned ends from the last cut (i remember seeing the hairdresser thinning my hair). The hairdresser is not the same one... this one is the hairdresser that has cut my hair since i was a baby, i havent cut with her for a long time as i´ve been in another place. She is not a perfect hairdresser but she LISTEN to what i say and i think this is important...

Miss Hidley
October 12th, 2008, 12:49 PM
oh right sorry I misunderstood what you meant...

brok3nwings
October 12th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Miss Hidley eheh my english is not that good so its not your fault. As far as going to the hairdresser of course i am scared... but i dont think i would be able do to it myself... How?!? I have layers all over... i would if i knew how to do it, but anyway, i just wish you all could see my hair and give me honest advice. I did the best i could with the photo but its always a bit unreal anyway

Oskimosa
October 12th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I don't think it looks so bad. I'd have them trim and "shape up" the layers to make it more bearable to grow out. It seems that layers get such a bad rap around here, but I don't think I could live without them. I am growing out a RAZORED cut that left the ends looking crappy, but I won't get rid of layers.

kschr2004
October 12th, 2008, 01:00 PM
I think that your hair still looks very healthy, and not too thin. Maybe you could get periodic small trims if you are trying to grow out your layers?

If you don't have split ends, there's probably not a need to get a large haircut. If you do, then you might want to go for a larger trim. Years ago I had about 3 inches of split ends and some stylists next door to the retail store where I worked nagged me into cutting all the splits ends off - it was amazing the level of growth I had after that. I think my hair went from shoulder length to almost waist in about a year and a half just because I removed the split ends and started getting regular trims.

brok3nwings
October 12th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Oskimosa by the way i love your hair colour! i dont hate layers, i like them when i want to use my hair wavy, what i think they have done to my hair is what it happened to you too... razored the hair... they told me i had to much volume so they tried to take it, so what im trying to do is exaclty to give some nice shape to my hair and let it grow. I also think that the longest layer of my hair is too far from the shorter one...

kschr2004 if i had split ends i wouldnt have such a problem on cuting hair.. really, the sad thing is really the shape of it. I love healthy hair but i also dont want to have a messy looking kind of hair even if its healthy. Im still not sure, i just wanted some encouragment. My last layer is not thinned so it doesnt have a fairytale look, but the hair at the middle are thinned by the hairdresser scissor and that is what bothers me

spidermom
October 12th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I don't think that relayering will help until that thin area gets out long enough that you can cut off what is below it. In this case, I would trim a little bit off the bottom every month or two until that thin layer is at the bottom. Then you can either go blunt or have it layered without the thinning.

Euphony
October 12th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Hmmmm I think it looks fine, perhaps I should trim out my layers since I must be so used to seeing the layers that I think yours look fine. Personally I'd trim very little, only because I'm a trimmer and feel that trimmed ends look healthier, but I wouldn't cut out the bottom layer.

brok3nwings
October 12th, 2008, 01:45 PM
spidermom i dont know if i understood well what you said, you are saying that i should cut only the longest layer (the bottom from my hair) until it reaches the thinner ends at the midle? that would mean that i woudnt cut the thinner ends right now only one year from now? I really dont know if i understood correctly ....damn my english! ehe Or are you telling me to toutch only the thin ends and leave the rest alone until they grow longer?
When i said keeping the layers is not make layers again but not going blunt either (so for me that is a kind of layering) but just make the thin ends go away
hmm... i think i am confusing you all ..

brok3nwings
October 12th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Euphony thank you :) your layers are perfect with thick ends and that is what i was wanting for myself. I think that modern hairdressers always tend to cut straight then thin all the ends ... (i dont know if im explaining well) what i want is to keep as much as i can but having cuter ends, i just dont know if i am seeing things....
if you look at the picture of my hole hair dont you see the hairs at the midle that are wierd? thats what im talking about.
im sorry to keep talking about this....
but this is a BIG deal for me... really big, to go and ask someone to do something about my hair

Carolyn
October 12th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I really don't think your ends are all that bad. I'd maybe take just the tippy tips off and add moisture moisture and more moisture. I'd let it grow more before cutting off more than maybe a half inch. That's just what I would do :)

brok3nwings
October 12th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Carolyn thank you, the ends are not split or dry or anything! At least that eheh :) the reason why you see hairs instead of good layers (in some places) is because if they had more weight they would stay "in place", and they are not thin naturally...they were made like this with a scissor at the hairdresser..unfortunalty. But i think i will ask someone that i trust that can see my hair closely so i can decide what i do... but yes i dont want any dramatic change, AT ALL!

Euphony
October 12th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Looking at the picture of all your hair I just don't see a problem. Now I've seen some freaky layers, like when the woman has most of her hair in a bob except for a thin layer that hits bsl. I don't understand that kind of cut personally, I think it looks ridiculous. Your hair has layers, the longest isn't much longer than the next one up, it looks fine to me. I have funky layers - the longest being nearly tail bone when pulled straight, the shortest hitting the top of bsl. But I have the delusion that my hair looks fine that way - sure I'm growing out the layers, but I'm not concerned with getting rid of it now - it'll happen eventually.

invisiblebabe
October 12th, 2008, 03:08 PM
I think it looks fine, there is still plenty of thickness in the length. Trim it a bit, maybe half an inch, and keep growing it out. And, whatever you do, don't go back to the hairdresser who cut it initially!!

WritingMum
October 12th, 2008, 03:12 PM
It is frustrating when you want your hair to be a certain way and it isn't. What surprised me after reading your post is that I thought the original haircut photo looked to me like a growing out haircut that needed attention, and the current photo looked to me like a really nicely done cut of the sort that some women pay a lot of money to get.

I recognize that you are frustrated with where your hair is, but perhaps it will help to know that you look great!

If you wish to trim now, you might be happiest by only having the longest length trimmed, which will bring that layer up to match the next longest layer. You will then have thicker hair at the (new) longest layer and will lose the wispiness you don't care for.

xrosiex
October 12th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I don't think that relayering will help until that thin area gets out long enough that you can cut off what is below it. In this case, I would trim a little bit off the bottom every month or two until that thin layer is at the bottom. Then you can either go blunt or have it layered without the thinning.

I agree with spidermom. It really wont take to long and you'll have nice thick ends.

girlcat36
October 12th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I don't see any problem with your hair. I think it looks pretty.

spidermom
October 12th, 2008, 04:44 PM
I am sorry I was not clear. I don't think that your layers look bad. What I would do is trim a small amount off the bottom, longest layer every month or two. Trim no more than 1 cm. About six months from now, that thinnest layer will be your longest layer. It won't be thin any more because you will have been trimming, which keeps the ends as thick as it is possible for them to be.

melikai
October 12th, 2008, 07:33 PM
You have a similar cut to how mine was, except shorter. My ends were razored as well. I used Feye's trimming method to make my hemline less "ragged" and V-shaped - you can see the result in my signature picture. I cut off an inch or so.

My shorter layers are still quite thinned. My own plan is to trim every 6 months or so, but I will always keep some layers because I like them around my face.

My advice would be the same as what others are saying: cut off a small amount (1/2" to 1") now, just on the longest layers, to thicken them up a bit. Then, decide as your hair grows whether you want to completely get rid of the layers all at once and get more cut off, or make it a more gradual process.

skay
October 12th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Well, its been one year since i had my last hair cut. The problem is that the hairdresser decided that i should get layers AND thinned all my ends that last time (octuber 2007)... :( i´ve been deeling with it since and i always thought "when it grows it will look better", but it doesnt. I hate to think that i probably will have to say goodbuy to some of my lenght... :(

I will show you how they thinned my hair at the ends, i dont like them... and the problem is that they are at the middle of my hair so i dont think i will be able to fix it on my own

the longest layer havent been thinned as the others AND my ends have absolutly no splits but i really hate to look at the mirror sometimes and see all of those unshaped hairs. This hit me two days ago even harder because i was doing waves on my hair with fabric and all of the lenght went fabulouse but the ends were really stupid and thin.

i was thinking about asking to get the layers blunt, take away about 1.5 inch of my longest layer to even a bit the hair...

what do you think honestly???

I was in a similar hair situation.

Over a year ago, I had a cut that had a lot of layers purposely put in. It grew it out a little, but, I was getting dissatisfied with the look as it got longer. The ends were healthy as well (no splits, etc.).

When it was about maybe an inch or 2 shorter than your length, I cut back to the shortest length that I decided was acceptable to me:

Barely shoulder length.

This took out most of the layers and looked more blunt overall.

Results: I'm liking the thickness and length as my hair grows out. I like how my hair now looks the same length in the front and back. It's growing out nicely. The front still has some layers. I'll leave those in and perhaps trim my hair if I feel it's necessary later on.

Good luck! :)

Demetrue
October 12th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Honestly - I think the ends look fine. I think the layers and ends look very natural and I would leave it alone another 6 months and then decide whether to trim to a more blunt edge. Try wearing a pony tail if the ends bother you. I bet no one notices it except you - we are always so much harder on ourselves and notice minor "imperfections" that no one else even looks at. So I say leave it alone and keep conditioning it and babying the ends.

intothemist1999
October 12th, 2008, 08:51 PM
don't cut just yet. Do a small trim now, and do one next month, and next after that until you have full ends again.

I agree! That's what I did and it happens faster than you'd think!

If you cut it off, you won't have that beautiful long hair for some time. It looks quite nice now! If my hair would looked like that layered, I probably would consider layered!

From those pictures it looks like your hair grows quickly, so I would just stick with a small trim and wait for the rest to catch up.

brok3nwings
October 13th, 2008, 02:24 AM
thank you all, you really helped me to feel better about my hair... and that is priceless :D what im gonna do is take off about 1 inch from the bottom (i will ask for half of it...lol) and less then a half from the other ends... I will then show you how my hair ended. I know its not a big deal but i am soooo afraid of hairdressers! Even this one i know for very long time.... (but havent gone there for 5 years..) I havent even slept as i should...only 5 hours but always thinking about it. It is really a nightmare for me....eheh
other reason why i am trimming now is that although i dont have split ends, the ends are a bit dryer from the rest..and i havent cut for one year so i am hopping that the fact that i do trim it will make my hair feel bett
er.
When i was thinking about this my sister came to ask me something and i asked her, dont you wanna come with me to the hairdresser? you should trim your ends ...She is also growing her hair, it is considerably longer then mine BUT she really doesnt care about how to treat her hair...she has LOTS and LOTS of split ends...her answer was... i dont want to cause they are going to cut me 2
inches long. Well, i dont want to have that kind of hair...long and messy. I think the beauty of hair is so much in its healthyness..

Bene
October 13th, 2008, 02:56 AM
i'm growing out some DIY bangs and layers, so i know what you're going through. at this point, i'm just keeping it all in a bun and waiting till i have significantly more length before i start doing mini-trims. i don't trust hair dressers to take off 1/2 inch, i want to have enough hair (ideally waist-length) so that when i do finally go for a cut, i won't be completely crushed when they chop off more than i ask.

tiny_teesha
October 13th, 2008, 03:22 AM
i actually envy your ends so i wouldn't trim. maybe 1 inch max, and trim slowly as the others have said.

brok3nwings
October 13th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Already gone to the hairdresser, aldready at home (she didnt blowdried my hair...). i arrived there wasnt anyone else (as usual...she is only one hairdresser in a small place but causy) she wanted to wash my hair right away but i said.."wait...i really have to explain what im doing) i pointed my problems, i said what i wanted and she said "yes i understand, i agree" well... she washed my hair, i then told her, do you mind if i comb my hair? so i did it. Then i explained again what i wanted, and guess what? She did exactly what i asked for! And i really DO think my hair is sooo much better now!! I am really happy :) Yes i had to loose about 1.5 inch of lenght but i think it was worth it. I will let my hair dry and show you a picture ;) YAYY !!!

Pegasus Marsters
October 13th, 2008, 04:05 AM
My hair ends look a lot like yours I think, but I like my layers :lol: I'm glad you're happier now you've had the trim! ^.^

brok3nwings
October 13th, 2008, 04:20 AM
Pegasus i still have my layers!! eheh but they dont have those thin ends. And that was my problem! I actually think i will keep my layers for a long time... i was doughting everything as i was hating how my hair was looking... so i didnt know if the problem was the layers and the thin ends or just the thin ends... :) i still have some but it wont bother me as much

Katze
October 13th, 2008, 04:37 AM
it's good you got rid of them if they were bothering you. :)

I would kill to have my ends as thick as yours. I got a layered cut (like yours but longer in 2004, and am still dealing with the layers (see avatar pic). I have been (self) trimming since summer 2006, and they are still thinner than a matchstick when braided together. But down, and wavy, they look better.

If you like your hair wavier, have you tried damp bunning? This has only just started working for me (my ends are about 1/2 the thickness of your first pic) but it does work, very well. Sometimes I put my hair up, with aloe in it, fresh after washing, then I get really beautiful spiral waves. Otherwise, with just-wavy hair, it's hard to know from one day to another what it's going to look like!

Hope you are happy and enjoying your hair. the way your hair grew out in one year really doesn't look bad - trust me. :D May it get longer the way you want.

Katze

Islandgrrl
October 13th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Hi there! I'm one of those who is growing out layers also. My longest part is at BSL, and the shortest is about...oh wow...APL now (been a while since I've checked!). When I trim, I just get the bottom of the longest part trimmed off - 1/4 to 1", depending on who does it. At some point, it'll all be one length, but for now, I'm not willing to even it all up and take what, for me, amounts to a giant step backward.

I thought your layers looked just fine, and that perhaps you just needed the bottom trimmed a little to get you some thickness there, which appears to be just what you did! I can't wait to see the pictures and I'm very glad that you're happy with it!

Isa-belle
October 13th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Your ends don't look damaged at all! It would be discouraging to cut them too short.
I've been growing my hair back after they were layered 14 months ago. I've been trimming it less than it grows - my hair grows 2 cm a month and I've been cutting an average of 1 cm every month since February. This way, you get gradually thicker ends, AND you still enjoy seeing them grow :)

ancilla
October 13th, 2008, 11:06 AM
I had my hair layered so much a couple years ago. I got it cut into a short chin length bob! short in back and long in front.
I vowed not to cut it until it grew out and I could straighten it out. I pretty much just kept it up and pinned back until it grew out.
but your hair is much long than mine was, so I can't really see any harm in doing what everyone suggests and slowly trim a little bit every few weeks maybe using one of the techniques on this site!
good luck to you :)

Isa-belle
October 13th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Already gone to the hairdresser, aldready at home (she didnt blowdried my hair...). i arrived there wasnt anyone else (as usual...she is only one hairdresser in a small place but causy) she wanted to wash my hair right away but i said.."wait...i really have to explain what im doing) i pointed my problems, i said what i wanted and she said "yes i understand, i agree" well... she washed my hair, i then told her, do you mind if i comb my hair? so i did it. Then i explained again what i wanted, and guess what? She did exactly what i asked for! And i really DO think my hair is sooo much better now!! I am really happy :) Yes i had to loose about 1.5 inch of lenght but i think it was worth it. I will let my hair dry and show you a picture ;) YAYY !!!
Oh that's great! It can be so difficult to get a hairdresser to understand what we want. I'm glad you got exactly what you had in mind :)

lora410
October 13th, 2008, 11:26 AM
AH, your hair looks great and thick on the ends. You have to remember with us wavies the ends looking odd tends to happen. I have layers to that I am growing out. I think your hair looks great.

intothemist1999
October 13th, 2008, 11:33 AM
what im gonna do is take off about 1 inch from the bottom (i will ask for half of it...lol) and less then a half from the other ends... I will then show you how my hair ended. I know its not a big deal but i am soooo afraid of hairdressers! Even this one i know for very long time.... (but havent gone there for 5 years..)

Me, too! I now get my husband to trim (when I actually do it) because he LOVES long hair so I know he won't cut too much off! lol In fact he hates even doing that much!

I had a pretty good hairdresser who I knew for a long time, but it still didn't guarantee she'd do what I wanted. In fact, one time I dropped in on her about a few weeks before my trim (at the time shoulder length and layered) to show her outright how I wanted it to look after the trim. Still didn't work!! I should have brought a photo to my appointment as well :shrug:

Isblå
October 13th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Hi. Speaking as someone who has layers and likes them, I think your hair looks nice. I understand your frustration though, especially if this wasn't the cut you wanted. Never a good feeling.

I am not sure if I have understood you correctly, but if I have and you are considering to cut the shortest layer blunt. I want to say that I think that would be a bad idea. If you do this the layer will be much more noticeable and it will take even longer time before it starts to even up with your longest layer. I will rather join the chorus that advices trimming the length regularly, perhaps half the growth rate. That way your hair will continue to grow, the ends will continue to be healthy and the layers will "catch up" with the hemline.

This is of course just my opinion, good luck with your decision.

Isblå
October 13th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Oh! I didn't see all the posts, and I DID misunderstand. I am sorry for putting up suggestions after you have decided.

I am so glad that you got a haircut that makes you happy! So good that your hairdresser listened to you :)

brok3nwings
October 13th, 2008, 12:09 PM
oh thank you all so much! :) Looking at my pictures my hair looks to be as long as it was in June but thicker, cause the shortest layer has grown and the trim was minimal on those small layers. Here is the picture... i wanted to do a before and after to see the lenght difference but my computer is having a crisis so i am at my sisters :P

I would really like to know if you would have done the same ?! :confused:... oh i am such an insecure person relating to hair ! ihihi :o

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4927/dsc02585zf3.jpg
By babokas (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/babokas), shot with DSC-W55 (http://profile.imageshack.us/camerabuy.php?model=DSC-W55&make=SONY) at 2008-10-13

NightDaemon
October 13th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Very nice!

Electronika
October 13th, 2008, 12:45 PM
I would cut it. I have no patience whatsoever with bad ends; I'd rather have shorter hair. But if you know you will be sad to lose your length, have patience and trim only a tiny bit each month. That way you can get your ends a little thicker and more even while you gain length.

I couldn’t agree more!
That’s what I ended up doing. You will be a lot happier with the end result than stewing everyday over hair that you are not satisfied with.

brok3nwings
October 13th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Electronica yes it seams to be the opinion of many :) but i think i have cut what i needed for at least 6 months

Isa-belle
October 13th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Your hair looks great, so thick and healthy! I am sure you will see it grow much quicker, now that you have blunt ends :)

Exodus
October 13th, 2008, 03:37 PM
oh thank you all so much! :) Looking at my pictures my hair looks to be as long as it was in June but thicker, cause the shortest layer has grown and the trim was minimal on those small layers. Here is the picture... i wanted to do a before and after to see the lenght difference but my computer is having a crisis so i am at my sisters :P

I would really like to know if you would have done the same ?! :confused:... oh i am such an insecure person relating to hair ! ihihi :o

If I had your hair and facial features I would actually have cut it shoulder length. It would have got rid of most of the layers and your face can pull off that length of hair (while others, for example me, necessarily don't look that good in shoulder length hair).
Of course I'm comparing to my own problem when looking at your hair (I'm growing out henna). Id I had your problem instead of mine I'd know what I do. And I hate the look of those layers (sorry, but I really don't like that kind of layering).
But it's my opinion of course, and your hair. And I do know the feeling of wanting to keep length even though the shape and colour is horrible (talking about my hair now, not yours)

skay
October 13th, 2008, 06:43 PM

Looking good brok3nwings! Thanks for sharing the pics. All in all, remember it's most important what you want out of your hair and your personal goals.

You have healthy and pretty hair so you can't really lose.

Good job!

vindo
October 13th, 2008, 10:40 PM
I think your layered cut is really pretty, I don't think your ends need to be any thicker.
As your hair grows you can trim them off gradually...it really does not look like thinned out hair. It looks like full hair that has nice swingy layers.

Just my opinion, if you really don't like it you can trim it off, I just wanted to let you know I find it pretty now. :flower:

lyria
October 13th, 2008, 10:55 PM
Brok3nwings, I am curious did you get it cut? I'm a newbie around here (my first post actually), but I think the right layers can add movement to long hair and look really nice. That being said, unhealthy thin ends might need to be cut off. From the photographs you put up, I think your hair does not look unhealthy so it would really depend on how much the cut bothers you. I think it looks fine.

Solange
October 14th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Honestly, I think it looks fine. It doesn't look thin at the ends, and if you have no splits, I would just continue growing it this way, until/unless you decide you would prefer even ends.

missy60
October 14th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Im not sure I read this right but I think she wants to keep her layers, but just doesnt want the thin bottom layer. I was going to suggest a small trim on all your hair. I think when layers start growing out the bottom always looks thinner. The hair starts growing more into a V shape which appear to be thinner on the bottom layer. They dont lay right because they grow out of the style. Each hair grows at a different speed so the shape isnt good. I find that a small over all trim to include the layers helps greatly. It just shapes your hair back up and gives you a more blunt hair line which makes the bottom layer not as thin.

I think your hair stylist did a great job you still have long layers but it looks great.

brok3nwings
October 14th, 2008, 05:57 AM
well it seams that noone notices that my hair was cut, i dont know if that´s good or bad ? lol Even in my house i have to say, hey look i cut my hair! and then they notice...i guess that´s also because noone in my family cares that much about hair :P
The picture that is at the first page is BEFORE i trim my hair and in the 5th page is AFTER ... i can pretty much see the difference...but i guess is not that obvious for most of people. It is still layerd but the hairdresser did cut about 2 inches from the bottom...and cut just a bit from the others

Carolyn
October 14th, 2008, 06:40 AM
well it seams that noone notices that my hair was cut, i dont know if that´s good or bad ? lol Even in my house i have to say, hey look i cut my hair! and then they notice...i guess that´s also because noone in my family cares that much about hair :P
The picture that is at the first page is BEFORE i trim my hair and in the 5th page is AFTER ... i can pretty much see the difference...but i guess is not that obvious for most of people. It is still layerd but the hairdresser did cut about 2 inches from the bottom...and cut just a bit from the othersI think your hair looks great. It's a style that can grow for quite a while without a lot of trimming. It looks very nice and healthy.

You have discovered one of the great truths about having long hair. No one notices changes that we think are huge. They aren't into hair so think that past shoulder length is "long". They don't see the length as we who are very conscious of our hair length see it. Hair just isn't on their radar. Earlier this year I had 5" cut off my tailbone length hair and NOT ONE person noticed it.

brok3nwings
October 14th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Carolyn thank you about the comment on my hair, i really apreciatte it as everytime i cut my hair, even if i like it, i get insecure and hope to get other people opinions. My boyfriend just freaks out sometimes cause i ask him.. "what do you think?" .. " i like it, its not that different" "why do you like it?" ..and so on, until i shut up eheh i think i am a bit a pain in the ass conserning what he thinks about my hair...
I totally agree with you... its hard to find someone that notice a difference even if its 5 inches! Many of my friends now really listen to what i say conserning hair because i am the ONLY ONE that says something when they do something to the hair... i have friends that cut about 2 inches and i notice it right away. I think they like it...and most of them say... "you are the only one that have noticed it" :) Well, we all love hair...and not only growing our hair but also enjoying others hair. (at least i do)

feralnature
October 14th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Your hair looks great. I would have had the ends trimmed just like you did. My last haircut was Nov.2007 and I plan a trim again soon. It is much longer now than my siggy pic which I will update soon. My hair was razor cut too and will benefit greatly from a trim. i will ask for 1.5 off the bottom and 0.5 inches off the other layers.

IMO you did the right thing for your hair, looks great!

Nic's
October 14th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I always do what I feel is right. If your ends are bugging you. A small trim will not hurt.

lyria
October 14th, 2008, 08:01 PM
woops! sorry, looks like i missed some of the earlier posts. your hair looks lovely with the trim! thick and healthy :)

brok3nwings
October 15th, 2008, 04:20 AM
feralnature thank you :) your signature picture is from january 2008...thats the date i joined! So your hair as mine has to be a lot different you have to show us how it is now

Nic i agree with you...the problem is to be sure if what you feel about your hair is right or not. Sometimes i freak out with something that later i get used to it or even like it. But that´s me!

lyria thank you :)

FrannyG
October 15th, 2008, 04:35 AM
You totally did the right thing. No question. Your hair looks great, and you must be very happy with it. You'll have that bit of length that you lost back before you know it! :blossom:

brok3nwings
October 15th, 2008, 07:39 AM
FrannyG thank you, i miss the lenght is true but i think my ends look so much full and healthy now..and they were blonder then the rest so now i think that the colour is nicer too :) but i dont think i will be trimming for some time...eheh