PDA

View Full Version : Long-Haired Guys

M.McDonough
December 31st, 2015, 03:19 PM
Hey, guys how's it going?

If you're growing out your hair, I wanna know a few things:
1. How long it is
2. Your goal (desired length)
3. The rate at which your hair grows (fast & slow)

And happy new year!!

MartinYYw95
December 31st, 2015, 04:54 PM
1. My hair is around 6.5 inches at the front (bangs) which just about reaches the lip. My sides are around 5 inches which cover my ears and my back is probably around 3-4 inches since I have them trimmed often. My hair grows straight and I get a mullet look :(

2. My goal is to get around shoulder length hair all over.

3. My hair grows very slowly. I'm not sure if I get the average 0.5 inches a month. I would say I have slow hair growth.

yahirwaO.o
December 31st, 2015, 05:22 PM
1) APL-BSL ish. I've been keeping this lenght for about a year and I'll continue doing so for next year. I micro trim my hair every month and every now and then remove good 2 inches off.

2) I want my hair to be Mid Back with very thick ends and very low taper in my braid. Its the longest i'm able to wear it down without being so annoying. My hair likes to fairy tail-clump and the only way I want longer hair is without a ratty mess!

3) My hair grows insanely fast!!!!! I'm one of those who can go from APL to waist lenght in one year, problem is my hair is so fine it doesn't fit my taste when long without some shape going on.

ponyguy
December 31st, 2015, 06:35 PM
1. eh....the very tip of a severe taper is a couple inches past my butt (classic) when dripping wet....when it's dry it shrinks up to about hip (curly, frizzy)

2. not really sure what my goal is....maybe terminal? (i might be at that now though)

3. i'm guessing it grows about 0.5 inch a month

MeAndTheMaz
December 31st, 2015, 07:25 PM
If I'm being optimistic, I'd say I'm almost APL. Looking for something like mid-back. Much more than that would be too inconvenient for me.

Going by last year's length shots, it looks like I put on about 6 inches, so, about average.

Todd
December 31st, 2015, 08:13 PM
1. How long it is

1. I'm at waist, or maybe a little longer. Probably hip length.
2. I'd like to reach Classic. My hair is fine and the ends are thin so I may have to maintain it at one length for awhile to let the ends thicken up.
3. Rate? I'd imagine probably 6 inches a year.

jera
January 1st, 2016, 02:07 AM
I'm a woman, but Oh, I just love you long haired guys! Keep growing. :toast:

M.McDonough
January 1st, 2016, 06:30 AM

Thank you ! Wish there were more women like you :)

gthlvrmx
January 1st, 2016, 07:39 AM
1. How long it is: See my signature :)
2. Your goal (desired length): Terminal! I want my hair to grow as long as it can grow.
3. The rate at which your hair grows (fast & slow): around 1/2 inch a month I guess.

M.McDonough
January 1st, 2016, 08:19 AM
1. How long it is: See my signature :)
2. Your goal (desired length): Terminal! I want my hair to grow as long as it can grow.
3. The rate at which your hair grows (fast & slow): around 1/2 inch a month I guess.

Great. Your French braid looks cool BTW. I'm practicing it, but still no success :/

yahirwaO.o
January 1st, 2016, 10:17 AM

I know women usually say this about doing stuff for themselves rather for the opposite sex.

But I'm growing my hair for me and my own personal taste!!!!! If there is a chick or human that digs it cool!! :cool: But I know most people are going to have some strong opinion at the beginning. As time passes long hair starts feeling meh to most people around. It's like my body or minds starts getting use to it and becomes part of my own image without being so scandalous. That is way more true if u keep your hair bunned!

Fericera
January 1st, 2016, 10:54 AM

I second this! Here's to a good year of growth for ya'll! :toast:

A.D.
January 1st, 2016, 09:48 PM
(1) Lower back, close to waist
(2) to terminal length
(3) 1/2 inch per month; I have them trimmed 1/4 inch every 6 months

cathair
January 2nd, 2016, 03:31 AM
I know women usually say this about doing stuff for themselves rather for the opposite sex.

But I'm growing my hair for me and my own personal taste!!!!! If there is a chick or human that digs it cool!! :cool: But I know most people are going to have some strong opinion at the beginning. As time passes long hair starts feeling meh to most people around. It's like my body or minds starts getting use to it and becomes part of my own image without being so scandalous. That is way more true if u keep your hair bunned!

:applause good for you :)

M.McDonough
January 3rd, 2016, 03:01 PM
up up up....

longhairdream
January 3rd, 2016, 03:23 PM
Hello everyone, and Happy New Year 2016 !

1.below shoulder (post ASL)
2.Hips (atleast)
3.Slow

calmyogi
January 3rd, 2016, 03:36 PM
I second this! Here's to a good year of growth for ya'll! :toast:

I third this! My husband had hair passed his shoulders when I met him. Love it! :cool:

littlestarface
January 3rd, 2016, 04:24 PM
I love long hair on guys espessially when they have some kind of facial hair to match ahh:cloud9:. I was dying last night when I watched ancient black ops ninja one omg there was this guy that looked so flippin cool:crush:

ShawnS
January 3rd, 2016, 04:40 PM
1. Midback
2. Waist
3. Feels slow, but probably average .5" per month or so.

trolleypup
January 4th, 2016, 12:21 AM
Hey, guys how's it going?

If you're growing out your hair, I wanna know a few things:
1. How long it is

And happy new year!!

1. Calf-length
2. longer
3. half inch per month at the scalp. I am in the vicinity of terminal, so I am gaining maybe an inch a year.

Oh, they are out there!

Astraea
January 4th, 2016, 01:53 AM
Long hairs have become an endangered species in my neck of the woods, some epic locs happening and an unbridled beard scene but not much else. Maybe 2016 will be the year of the comeback for guys up north. Happy hair health in the new year!

AutobotsAttack
January 4th, 2016, 11:46 AM
guys with long hair are my weakness. Gives us something to talk about lol

Ocalee
January 4th, 2016, 02:52 PM
My lodes son has awesome hair. Last I saw it down it was around mid back but he said it was a little too much for him and was thinking of cutting it. Long, straight, thick, black hair. His hair is gorgeous and I'm very envious. lol My middle son has decided to grow his hair. He also has thick, black hair. His is more course than his brother's hair. My youngest son keeps saying he's gonna grow his hair out but then changes his mind when it gets a little length.

gregh
January 8th, 2016, 07:55 PM
Between shoulder length and APL
Maybe mid back length if I can manage it
Probably on the faster side, but I haven't measured it

goneJackal
January 8th, 2016, 09:42 PM
Mine is at waist length (maybe a bit past that now).
I don't really have a goal. Today, it's longer than it has ever been, and I like it more than I ever had, so who knows?

Its growth rate is 'not fast enough'. http://www.felipesv.com/forum/k_sorriso.gif