PDA

View Full Version : 50+ hours of vitamin C - my battle with indigo....

akuamoonmaui
December 27th, 2015, 01:49 PM
So.

About a year and a half ago, I did not strand test a hendigo product I hadn't used before (heavy on the indigo) and no, I didn't read the side of the box to see how much indigo content.... I "own" my decision, thank you and will hopefully never make that mistake again. The indigo bound to my previous henna like nobody's business. A year and a half later, I still have very dark brown hair and a lovely demarcation line (not). I've been able to fade the demarcation line into my natural hair color using the same brand only a lighter percentage of indigo however I'm just over trying to "fix" this....

After one or two attempts to use Crystal Light and separately Color Oops with no real results, I've finally gotten serious about trying to remove the indigo. I'm on school break so have time to sit with vitamin C on my head. So far I'm at about 50 hours. But it's working. :joy:

I used a coffee bean grinder to powderize the vitamin C and have alternated with coconut oil and VO5 conditioner base (the VO5 is a nice suspension agent otherwise the coconut oil is runny) and, Vit-C and shampoo. I think I get a little more removal with the shampoo base, but it is a bit drying. I alternate with the Coconut oil-conditioner base to re moisturize plus I've read the oil helps remove the dyes. My sessions have been anywhere from 5 hours to 10-12 hours each.

I don't have pictures yet, but I can honestly say the indigo is releasing. Overall, I have my previous golden auburn back rather than the dark brown it was before. I'm a little concerned with re-oxidiztion but will cross that bridge if I come to it.

I will post pics when I have the opportunity. (I have a couple places to be over the next week).

Mademoiselle
January 11th, 2016, 04:16 AM
How are you? how are your hair? I henndigoed my hair one month ago, and I am worry about if I can lighten my hair... my natural hair is light ash brown / dark ash blonde ,and I want grow my natural hair, but at this mi moment there is a big diference of color (dark-red-brown / natural ) please can you tell me how are your progress? I hope it goes well :)

bunneh.
January 11th, 2016, 05:39 AM
Mademoiselle You could try the same method akuamoonmaui mentioned, I don't know of other options to lighten hendigoed hair. But you shouldn't use any bleach on your hair, because it will react with indigo and turn your hair green. The best bet would be to grow it out and cut the hendigo away.

Mademoiselle
January 11th, 2016, 01:24 PM
thanks for the advice:blossom::) I do not want me to stay green hair, proves high in vitamin C, today I made deep conditioning with amla (mud) in my hair for 1h, I have not noticed change = (I hope will gradually clearing for I do not see a line of growth of my natural hair, so could be cutting it and let it grow.

Mademoiselle
January 11th, 2016, 01:26 PM
:sad:shake: sorry , my english.....:justy:

lapushka
January 11th, 2016, 01:49 PM
I understood what you were trying to convey, which is the most important part anyway! ;)

Amla will darken even more, so I'd not do that, if I were you, unless you want the roots to be the same as the length.

If I were you, I'd just let it grow out, and get a semi-permanent hair color for your roots, to match the length for as long as it takes to grow out. Meanwhile, try to stretch washes, so the dye doesn't strip out as fast.