PDA

View Full Version : Hair type 1C or 2A

Buttercup1223
December 21st, 2015, 06:51 PM
Hi guys I was wondering if you could help me decide if my hair is a 1c/2A. I know the ends are really scraggly. This is with air drying, a little leave-in conditioner, and Lanza Keratin healing oil on the mid to ends. I tried not to touch it to much when it was drying. I have fine, thin hair, and I have been using tape extensions :whistle: off and on for about a year while I was trying to let the length grow. My first hair stylist thinned the ends a lot with a razor (I didn't know better then) to blend them more but my new stylist is great and doesn't do that. I know the extensions don't help but it's getting me through a stage where I always want to chop my hair. Once I get it a bit longer I am going to get the ends more evened out.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e159/Gypzywingz/Hair%20Tracking%20Photos/d3a89a2b-5a37-4562-8017-72b2944cafc4.jpg

lapushka
December 22nd, 2015, 06:29 AM
I would call that straight up 1c, there's more of a general body wave than tiny individual strands and clumps of waves. Maaaybe 1c/2a, but IMO that is stretching it.

bunneh.
December 22nd, 2015, 08:44 AM
Hairtyping is difficult on shorter hair, because you don't know how it will look like when it grows. For now I'd say it's 1c. When it grows it depends if it'll change or not... If it gets straighter (or if this s pattern stretches down the length) it's in 1st category if it's wavy (multiple s waves along the length) it's in 2nd or it can be in between (if some of hair strands are straighter than others for example).

spidermom
December 22nd, 2015, 09:13 AM
I'll agree with 1C.

Buttercup1223
December 22nd, 2015, 09:20 AM
Thank you guys! That is what I was going with initially. I have a few hairs underneath that seem to have a full curl but the top is always like that wave. I appreciate you all taking the time to answer and look at the picture.