PDA

View Full Version : Five years at LHC (pics) :)

furnival
December 20th, 2015, 09:19 AM
I've never done an anniversary thread before, so it's about time! Apologies if the photos are huge; I'm a bit of a technological dullard ;)

I had dreadlocks for about fifteen years but finally combed them out about seven years ago, wrecking my hair in the process- it took me more than a month. I then dyed it bright red with box dye and wondered why it resembled candy floss and crumbled to the touch...:uhh: I left it alone for a couple of years, wondering why it didn't grow, and found LHC whilst searching the internet to try to find out what all the little white dots were that covered so much of my hair. It was collarbone length when I joined, but unfortunately I lost all my previous photos when the site was down. The first pic is from November 2012, just before a trim:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6349&d=1379362539

Then November 2013- you can really see all the different wave patterns here, my hair is weird ;)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7550&d=1384507256

Then August 2014, air-dried after swimming in a lovely peaty river in the Scottish Highlands during a heatwave:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16140&d=1425190008

And finally today in the woods in Fife with my dog. I've henna'ed the bottom half of my hair, but the top half is virgin. The blonde streaks are from the parts of my bun usually exposed to the sun- I spend a lot of time outside, and while at first I was paranoid and used to cover my hair, nowadays I leave it out.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20480&d=1450625564
I don't have much of a hair routine, or any routines at all for that matter ;) I sometimes CO, sometimes use shampoo, sometimes do heavy oilings with olive or coconut oil, sometimes make up potions with various conditioners, honey, essential oils etc. Depending on where I am I don't always have access to washing facilities, so sometimes I go for weeks without washing my hair and other times I wash it several times a week, enjoying the chance to have a good soak in a bath. I wear it up all the time, either in a braided bun with spin pins or a Lazy Wrap with a stick or two-prong fork. I only take it down to re-braid it or wash it, because it remembers its years as dreads and yearns to return to them- it tangles so horribly that the few times I've worn it down I've had to spend hours detangling it and have lost loads of hair in the process.

Prior to finding LHC I had not the slightest knowledge of anything to do with hair and I've learnt so much from this place! Not just about hair either. I'm not an active member of any other forums, so this place is my special contact with people all over the world, and it's really opened my eyes to cultural differences I wasn't aware of before. I love the discussions we have (sorry if I come across a bit harsh sometimes ;) ) and the humour and the sense of community. Before LHC I had no idea what a hair toy was, let alone how to make them! I don't think it's an exaggeration to say this place has changed my life. Thank you LHC :crush:

georgia_peach
December 20th, 2015, 09:23 AM
What a lovely post, Furnival. And gorgeous locks! Congratulations on your anniversary. :)

lapushka
December 20th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Pretty, furnival, and I *love* those waves! :D

Mimha
December 20th, 2015, 09:31 AM
I enjoyed reading your story, furnival ! Thanks a lot for sharing it ! :)
Your hair kind of looks like you : so natural and wild, so forest-like !... I love the way it falls on your shoulders and down, like an autumn leaves cascade ! So beautiful and inspiring !...

Wildcat Diva
December 20th, 2015, 09:46 AM
This place would not be the same lovely place without you either. What a nice thread. Congratulations On five years here.

neko_kawaii
December 20th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Happy hairiversary! I like the blond streaks.

restless
December 20th, 2015, 10:11 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary! :) I really like the last picture where the colours in your hair resemble the colours of the fallen leaves on the ground. Gorgeous :)

Swan Maiden
December 20th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Happy anniversary! I second Mimha in saying your hair fits in very well with the forest and leaves.

Groovy Granny
December 20th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Beautiful ~ Congrats!

DweamGoiL
December 20th, 2015, 10:42 AM
I love all the colors of your rebel hair. It's so lush and glorious! Congrats on the 5 years :)

slynr
December 20th, 2015, 11:20 AM
It's really gorgeous. Congratulations on your growth.

papayatree
December 20th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Happy Hairniversary! The Blonde streaks actually look pretty good on you.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 20th, 2015, 11:30 AM
I too, love your last photo - though the others were great too - your hair makes me think of a forest stream tumbling ever so prettily over the pebbles. It just does :) and so lovely. Happy hairiversary, your hair is amazing ;)

allycat
December 20th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Happy anniversary! I've always liked your hair :)

furnival
December 20th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Aww thank you everybody, I've gone all warm and fuzzy :crush:

earthybee
December 20th, 2015, 12:30 PM
I love you hair pattern it's so pretty! Happy hair anniversary :flower:

Nellon
December 20th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Yay! Lovely hair, and lovely pics. (And lovely hairtoys, the three I own snuggle up together in my drawer) :)

browneyedsusan
December 21st, 2015, 09:13 AM
It looks awesome, Furnival.
I like your "harsh" posts. It helps me learn about other communication styles, and I appreciate that you call 'em like you see 'em. :)

lillielil
December 21st, 2015, 09:19 AM
Congrats on 5 years. I LOVE the different textures and colors in your hair. It is gorgeous and interesting, and really suits you.

Amapola
December 21st, 2015, 10:08 AM
Congratulations and happy hairiversary! :disco:

Your hair is so beautiful, I love the pattern in it! And the color! :thud: May you have many more years of happy growth. :flower:

akuamoonmaui
December 21st, 2015, 10:38 AM
I have the same weird wave patterns!

Your hair is beautiful!

Pinni
December 21st, 2015, 10:46 AM
What a waves! Congrats!:o

Laurenji
December 21st, 2015, 11:53 AM
Wow, your hair is amazing. I love all the different bits of curl pattern and the sun-highlights. I'm glad you're a part of this forum!

Agnes Hannah
December 21st, 2015, 04:12 PM
I second all the comments here furnival, you have lovely hair, mermaidish!

yahirwaO.o
December 23rd, 2015, 06:48 PM
You have Fantastic Hair!!!!! :magic::magic::magic:

Lisa33936
December 24th, 2015, 09:35 AM
congrats on your hair.

yogagirl
December 24th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Congratulations on five years!! :flowers:

Thank you for sharing your photos. Your hair looks so healthy and your waves look so happy now. Love it!

parkmikii
December 24th, 2015, 12:03 PM
So gorgeous! Congratulations!

Caraid♫
December 24th, 2015, 12:47 PM
I love the hennaed bottom half, looks awesome! Amazing growth, and also a great difference in condition! It already looked great, but your current pic looks ultra healthy and beautiful! congrats :D