PDA

View Full Version : Is "Natural Taper" the end goal?

LillithTheFirst
December 20th, 2015, 12:44 AM
I'e been thinking about hair. About long hair. About how long I want it to be. How long it should be.

Anyway what is the goal? Reaching terminal length?

I've been thinking maybe having achieving a natural taper without cutting is the goal. Obviously that means getting to terminal length, who knows how long that is?!!?

I know some people like a 'thick" hemline, others "fairytales". I've been thinking about just not intervening. Just let it do it's thing and it will do what it's supposed to do.
I don't really know what I'm trying to say but you can comment with some other babble long these thoughts. I'm interested to know "the goal" or "the point" for you.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 20th, 2015, 12:50 AM
For the moment I like having a blunt hem. However at some future stage I might decide to allow it to fairytale and particularly if I ever decide to go for terminal. The great thing about hair is that you can decide as you go.

bunneh.
December 20th, 2015, 01:19 AM
Even though my hair is straight which a lot of people don't like the look of fairytales on, I still like/want them. I think they can look pretty but perhaps need more care and trimming to look good imo compared to curly hair that looks heavenly with any kind of fairytales. As for length we'll see how long it can get, i love the look of long thick braids past bum. :)

restless
December 20th, 2015, 04:06 AM
I adore the look of fairytale ends on others (especially when the hair is BCL+), I think it looks soft and romantic. I dont think Id mind having them myself actually :) My hair seems to be doing some thinning/fairytaleing from waist down anyway nowadays, so maybe I should just go with it.

ravenheather
December 20th, 2015, 05:45 AM
It is my goal. It's a bit of a struggle right now. I had a year long shed that I am growing out. And I am still just barely above waist. I see no point in a chop that will set me so far back from my goal. So I will be patient. I really will.

lapushka
December 20th, 2015, 05:52 AM
You can't overthink it. Either you trim occasionally or you just let it be and let it grow. You'll just have to see what it does in your case and what is best for you.

turtlelover
December 20th, 2015, 08:33 AM
I don't like untrimmed ends on anyone, but that's just me. Each to their own! You have to do what makes you happy!

Wildcat Diva
December 20th, 2015, 09:53 AM
I can't grow with blunt ends right now. If I wanted blunt ends it would have to be shorter. Not cool. Longer means fairy tales and taper for me.

EdG
December 20th, 2015, 10:17 AM
Yes. Achieving terminal length is like reaching the end of the rainbow. Only, there is no pot of gold. ;)
Ed

Deborah
December 20th, 2015, 04:50 PM
It's totally up to you. I don't like what people here call 'fairytale' ends. To me they just look shaggy. Some others don't like blunt ends. It is just a matter of what you like. There is no right or wrong.

Lauraes
December 20th, 2015, 05:04 PM
I have straight hair, and I like the look of a U-shaped or soft V-shaped hemline (trimmed that way) on myself. :)

I don't want to grow to terminal length, whatever that may be for me. TBL is my end goal.