PDA

View Full Version : Video: what heat damage does to you.

lapushka
December 18th, 2015, 06:13 AM
This is a video by "Mo Knows Hair". She explains about the structure of hair, and what treatments do to it, very informative:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D47sMB7U1Lo

Goatcraft
December 18th, 2015, 06:37 AM
A lot of good information for those who can't get a hold of a Cosmetology textbook. I was actually thinking about scanning some pages from mine and posting them here for everyone to view. There's so many myths out there, and the only place I saw most debunked was in these textbooks. She's a doll for actually making a video about this. Also, on Aveda.. It really is a great brand. Pricey, but I love it.

Hurven
December 18th, 2015, 06:44 AM
Thank you for showing the video, it was really informative. :)

Lavendersugar
December 18th, 2015, 07:01 AM
Mo is great! I'm straight gal but I love when she talks about cones. Don't fear the cones people!

lapushka
December 18th, 2015, 07:03 AM
I'm wavy and I *love* her videos. She can create curls so beautifully on tightly curlies! Just with the use of a few products (and she changes them up quite a bit too).

missblueeyes
December 18th, 2015, 07:49 AM
I personally don't use heat but I watched the video because I was curious. THANK GOD she mentioned natural oils. I don't know how many people I see on a daily basis suggesting coconut oil as a heat protectant.
She is so awesome, by the way. I love the way she's talking in the video. I probably wouldn't be watching still if I didn't. :P

lapushka
December 18th, 2015, 08:04 AM
You should see some of her other videos where she gives her typical wash 'n go's to her friends - love it!

school of fish
December 18th, 2015, 09:16 AM
Oh she's wonderful, I love her manner! I don't watch a lot of hair videos but this one was very well done, friendly, and full of great information. Even though I'm not even close to being curly I got a lot out of it - I'm definitely going to check out her other videos!

As a complete aside, I just love the fact that she's wearing a watch, an actual wristwatch! Becoming a rare sight these days :)

Bergelmir
December 18th, 2015, 09:44 AM
The only thing that goes into my mind is combing damage, it will destroy the hairs structure but should be able to be restored. I got no clue about heat, it does hurt me just by hearing those words.

lapushka
December 18th, 2015, 10:23 AM
The only thing that goes into my mind is combing damage, it will destroy the hairs structure but should be able to be restored. I got no clue about heat, it does hurt me just by hearing those words.

Combing damage? Ugh, unless you are ripping through your hair with a small tooth comb, and not treating hair gently - there is no such thing.

Klaudia
December 18th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Thank you for sharing the video! :) I don't use heat on my hair, but I find it was very interesting about the types of bonds in hair.