PDA

View Full Version : Starting Over!

Taliesin
October 11th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Hello everyone!

Some of you may remember me...some...not so much ;) I used to be a pseudo-regular here about a year ago, then went on a looonnnngggg hiatus when the site started having problems. I only recently solved some lingering technical deifficulties that have allowed me to be back more regularly (and "yay" for that).

Anyways, at the beginning of last year, I did the unthinkable...yes, THAT thing. I cut my hair short. I did it because I needed to "shake things up" a bit. I had some major life and personal changes, and my very nearly waist-length hair was sacrificed for the greater good. I've enjoyed having short hair again for the last several months and, being a guy, it's the shorter hair where you get to experiment with new styles, so it's been fun! No regrets :)

*points to album for the "before & after"'s*

BUT, it is time, once again, to grow. This will be my third time going from short to long and I have to admit I'm looking forward to the process and the various milestones along the way. Everyone here has always been big inspiration and support in the past and I'm looking forward to contributing here once again as I begin the journey anew.

My goal is to get it at least as long as I had it a year ago...just shy of waist length...then we'll see what happens from there.

Any others on the board starting from scratch once again???

AmandaPanda
October 11th, 2008, 11:38 PM
hello! I really like your hair color. I cut my hair from just past waist length to shoulder length 4 years ago, and I started growing it again a few months later. Now it is longer than it has ever been :)

Good luck to you!

SweetPea88
October 12th, 2008, 12:10 AM
I don't have much advice for starting over, but I have to say your hair looks great, before and after, and I wish you the best of luck!

Aditi
October 12th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Hii and welcome back once again. All the Best for Regrowing of your hair.

papillon
October 12th, 2008, 12:51 AM
*raising hand* I'm starting from scratch as well. It's a bit strange starting over, especially since my hair is shorter this time around. Here's to some great growth! :)

GlassEyes
October 12th, 2008, 12:51 AM
Welcome back to the site (though I don't think I was around when you were...though your names seems really familiar). And awesome hair, you should have no problem getting back to waist or even further.

Your hair looks like FrannyG's. xD

Teilani
October 12th, 2008, 01:06 AM
I am also starting over. It is ironic that I finally got round to donating a lot of my hair less than a month after I found this site. My hair has never been very long by this community’s standards, but it has been somewhere between just past my shoulders and mid-back length most of my life. I think I may enjoy the process of growing it out more once it reaches the stage that I can wear it up again with ease . . . Oh the lure of hair toys! I’m seriously fixated on that milestone right now, and right on the cusp of it.

Reading of others reaching their milestones and goals helps.

DecafJane
October 12th, 2008, 01:55 AM
I went ultra-short in September/October last year, and got my last (horrid) cut in October. I haven't cut it since, and am loving having it longer. :)

Your hair is beautiful. I love that kind of long, blonde hair on a guy!

twilight_faerie
October 12th, 2008, 02:42 AM
I actually envy you, in a way. I don't have the courage to cut my hair super short (or, for that matter, the patience to watch it grow back), but it'd definitely be cool to get rid of all the damage and start anew. Good luck!

Arctic_Mama
October 12th, 2008, 03:16 AM
Starting over again here, too, after temporary insanity and realizing, once and for all, that I look awful with short, poofy hair :) Welcome back into the :cough:darkside:cough: fold!

Gilly
October 12th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Yep I am starting again too, I now have NO damage or colour in my hair and I am waiting until I start my monistat experiment then I will measure and take photo's and start the journey for real with a vengance!!:cheese:

darkwaves
October 12th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Welcome back, Taliesin!

I remember your long silky hair, but associate your user name more with your provocative and articulate posts, infrequent though they were. (Don't disappoint me, now that you're back. I'm hoping we'll hear more from you.)

brok3nwings
October 12th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Welcome back! Well i´ve been here from less then a year so yes i dont remember you, but i´ve seen your album and your hair is just beautiful! i wish you good growth and enjoy

Elenna
October 12th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Since you've already had long, undamaged hair before then it'll be smooth sailing for you. :pumpkin:

Elphie
October 12th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Welcome back! Your hair is a stunning shade of blonde, btw!

wintersun99
October 12th, 2008, 05:54 PM

spidermom
October 12th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I remember you. Happy re-growing. I plan never to start over, though I may cut back to shorter (possibly BSL) at some point.

Addy
October 12th, 2008, 06:41 PM
You certainly have nice hair! :)

Taliesin
October 12th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Just want to thank everyone for all the great positive feedback! Fantastic group of people we got here :D

Much appreciated :)

maskedrose
October 13th, 2008, 12:22 AM
I'm glad you're growing again! I loved your before picture (not that the after was bad, just not quite as impressive :) ) and I'm sure you will get back there in no time!