PDA

View Full Version : Chronic stress and hairloss??

italiancouture7
December 14th, 2015, 08:56 AM
For any of you ladies who have experienced excessive hair follow, do you have chronic stress?? I have PTSD and severe anxiety, so I am in a constant state of stress. Some weeks are worse than others, during those weeks I notice a huge increase in hair fall. I have been trying to get it under control for sometime, but I am not really getting anywhere. I am starting a new type of therapy soon though, so I am hoping that will possibly help. But I am wondering, after years of this, can my hair still come back?? Or is what i've lost gone forever??

italiancouture7
December 14th, 2015, 08:57 AM
*hair fall lol

Deborah
December 14th, 2015, 11:07 AM
For me stress does not seem to affect my hair. I have been under enormous stress the last several months, and my hair is just as usual. It might be different for others.

lapushka
December 14th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Just make sure you exclude all other factors first (iron shortage, vitamin shortage, etc.), then blame it on stress when there's nothing left to blame. I think you talked about this before, and it's no luxury having some bloodwork done!

Mimha
December 14th, 2015, 12:01 PM
For any of you ladies who have experienced excessive hair follow, do you have chronic stress?? I have PTSD and severe anxiety, so I am in a constant state of stress. Some weeks are worse than others, during those weeks I notice a huge increase in hair fall. I have been trying to get it under control for sometime, but I am not really getting anywhere. I am starting a new type of therapy soon though, so I am hoping that will possibly help. But I am wondering, after years of this, can my hair still come back?? Or is what i've lost gone forever??

Hi italiancouture7.

I have personally experienced health problems and hair loss due to stress. It was more a long lasting stress due to my hypersensitivity and a particularly difficult environment of life and work, but yes : stress over a long period of time can be deleterious. I don't want to enter into too many explanations, but when we are exposed to an overload of stress, our body creates a lot of free radicals, which are extremely unhealthy things. The stress disturbs the body balance and also the psychological balance of the people. It's a sleep killer too. And the lack of rest is very bad. When I undergo a stress period, my hair growth noticeably slows down. But it can even stop ! or even worth : you can start losing your hair. That's what happened to me.

Concerning PTSD, one of the most efficient therapy known at present is EMDR. Browse the internet to see what it is. It has done miracles for people victim of traumatic events such as bomb attack, rape, and so on.

Wishing you the best to recover your inner peace quickly.... and a full head of healthy hair ! :flowers: