PDA

View Full Version : Avocado oil

DeadlyUnicorn
December 9th, 2015, 08:45 PM
Do I need to mix it with anything? Is it more for before a wash or can it be applied for day to day use?

What do you recommend? Thanks

Robi-Bird
December 9th, 2015, 09:04 PM
It can be used however you like to. I tend to favour jojoba for day to day but use avocado as part of my deep treatment. It's a nice dry medium weight oil with lots of nutrients.

DeadlyUnicorn
December 9th, 2015, 09:22 PM
It can be used however you like to. I tend to favour jojoba for day to day but use avocado as part of my deep treatment. It's a nice dry medium weight oil with lots of nutrients.

Thanks for your reply. :o I only have the very expensive moroccan oil and I don't plan to buy another 50$ bottle of that any time soon, so it was kind of an impulse buy at the grocery store tonight haha. I wasn't sure if it was too heavy, I heard it was lighter than olive oil and it was cheaper than the coconut oil. I guess I'll just have to see how my hair does with it. I was just worried it would be too much and not wash out of my hair properly and leave it oily and gross.

Robi-Bird
December 9th, 2015, 09:46 PM
Thanks for your reply. :o I only have the very expensive moroccan oil and I don't plan to buy another 50$ bottle of that any time soon, so it was kind of an impulse buy at the grocery store tonight haha. I wasn't sure if it was too heavy, I heard it was lighter than olive oil and it was cheaper than the coconut oil. I guess I'll just have to see how my hair does with it. I was just worried it would be too much and not wash out of my hair properly and leave it oily and gross.

It's much lighter than olive oil, and I like it a lot better than argan oil. It's a dry oil so it doesn't tend to leave hair or skin feeling greasy. If used in the same ratio as you were using the argan oil it should be decent.

Anje
December 9th, 2015, 10:07 PM
I've been using it directly for a couple weeks now, and my hair likes it. Definitely doesn't make stringy as readily as olive oil. I use it on damp hair after a wash, but that's how I use most oils; pre-wash oiling doesn't seem to do much for me.

DeadlyUnicorn
December 9th, 2015, 10:35 PM
I'm new to the hair thing even though my hair is already a bit long.. I just tried it before my shower so I guess I will see. I've never done anything before washing my hair before haha.

Robi-Bird I think you are right about using the same amount as the other oil. I think I will try that for day to day use :) It didn't seem too heavy on my hair and was a lot similar feeling to the argan oil imo :o

Kwantslonghair
December 10th, 2015, 03:05 PM
I prefer, or rather my hair prefers Argon oil

Stars
December 10th, 2015, 04:29 PM
It can be both mixed and applied alone. I usually mixed mine with conditioner to boost the shine and moisture of my hair. Worked lovely that way. I didn't apply it much to my hair alone, but I do mix a !little in my homemade scalp oil since it has great properties for the skin/scalp. Maybe try a little on your ends and see if you like the way it feels. Avocado oil is one I love to add to my conditioners.

Ingrid
December 10th, 2015, 04:39 PM
I like applying it to damp hair. My hair soaks it up like a sponge, and doesn't get stringy. It does have a slightly green tinge to it though, which I suppose won't be noticeable on darker hair.