PDA

View Full Version : Variation on the "Hair dreams" thread-- ready to cut??

winship2
December 9th, 2015, 08:23 PM
Hi all-- for many years, even before I started growing my currently-hip-length-hair about four years ago, I have had recurring dreams in which I cut my hair, or sometimes suffered some kind of involuntary hair loss, and felt terrible in my dream and then relieved to wake up and find my hair intact. But two nights ago, for the first time ever, I dreamt I cut my hair (a super-cute Irene Jacob in "La Double Vie de Veronique" bob) and liked it. And when I woke up I thought, "Yeah, I would be fine with that". I'm wondering if this is a symbolic representation of the fact that I've gone through a lot the last couple of years and am at peace with where I am now.

So-- anyone else had hair-cutting dreams in which they were happy to have cut it??

(Disclaimer: I also dreamt I was secretly engaged to President Obama, so obviously there was a lot of crazy stuff going on in my unconscious that night :p)

Robi-Bird
December 9th, 2015, 09:07 PM
I haven't had this myself. My sister recently had a dream that she had cut her hair and when she woke up and discovered she had not, she was disappointed, so she cut it and it happy for it. Mom took her lead and now I'm the only long hair in the family. Save for a four year old.

emilia1992
December 11th, 2015, 04:16 AM
I dreamed this once - it was quite a nice dream, surprisingly. I went from hip/classic length to just below shoulder length and really liked it. I looked it up on one of those dream website things and apparently it's about being ready to move on from something in real life. :)

bunneh.
January 3rd, 2016, 08:40 AM
A couple of nights ago I dreamt I got rid of my layers by cutting my hair to about BSL and I regret it so much I ran to complain on this forum and got a few compliments about my hemline... Yesterday I looked at my hair and realized it wouldn't be too bad if I cut my layers before growing but thank God I'm doing the no trimming challenge so I can't wreck my hair. :D