PDA

View Full Version : Which shampoo for Cassia?

hessica_15
December 8th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Hi all!

I've decided to take the plunge! I'e received overwhelming advice to try cassia on my hair! I have thin and fine light brown hair - I don't want any color effects from henna but I want the condition and strengthening effects from cassia!
I bought the purest stuff from Mehandi.com and now I'm preparing for my first treatment.

Should i use a clarifying shampoo beforehand? I have hard water and I also use very standard shampoos (with sulfates, not silicone; ex: Nexxus).
do I have to change up my shampoo after cassia to keep the effects lasting?

any advice is so appreciated!! :)

cosmic crusader
December 8th, 2015, 03:09 PM
You're going to love cassia! I do my cassia treatments on unwashed (aka dirty) hair, as it can be a bit drying. The effects build up after a couple of treatments and then last a couple of weeks, depending on how often you wash, so maybe stretch washes or do some CO washes in between to extend them!

Ve
December 8th, 2015, 06:12 PM
I have been doing cassia treatments every month since Jan 2013 and I find they stick to clean hair, dirty hair, or maybe my hair grabs anything. I use it to color because I am white haired and it turns it light/platinum blonde. To preserve the strengthening effects I don't wash my hair for 3 days to let it set. I know oil treatments and salt water (going to the beach) take it out because sometimes when I do it too dark I go an play in the water and it lightens right up.

But if you keep cassia treatments up every month it will continue to stick to itself and you just get stronger hair. I just did a cassia gloss mix with conditioner instead of water and my hair is less dry, you might like that better.