PDA

View Full Version : Video: top tips for healthy hair!

lapushka
December 6th, 2015, 10:50 AM
These are great tips!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4Wmry3PV1M

YellowLedbetter
December 6th, 2015, 12:21 PM
These are good tips. I do most of them myself, but what's steaming? How's it done?

lapushka
December 6th, 2015, 03:14 PM
These are good tips. I do most of them myself, but what's steaming? How's it done?

Try looking at some of her videos where she fixes someone else's hair. You can see her putting her friends under some kind of a hood, then steam comes out; that's a steamer.

Klaudia
December 7th, 2015, 08:46 AM
Interesting video. Is it really that important to use a shampoo and a conditioner in a set? Honestly I never did, but now I'm wondering. Do you think, it should be in a duo/same brand? :hmm:

lapushka
December 7th, 2015, 08:58 AM
Interesting video. Is it really that important to use a shampoo and a conditioner in a set? Honestly I never did, but now I'm wondering. Do you think, it should be in a duo/same brand? :hmm:

I never did either. I use shampoos by Pantene (Aqua Light / volumizing one / clarifying one) and my favorite conditioner is Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. I think it's not *that* important, personally, as most shampoos will do the same thing, and most conditioners as well. I think it's because she often uses certain brands and has some kind of affiliation with one or the other brand. Might be that.

I might try it out once I get through my stash a bit more, and use my Pantene conditioners after that!

missblueeyes
December 7th, 2015, 10:35 AM

I think the logic behind that is that if you use 'cones, you might want to use the same set shampoo to avoid build-up because they're designed to work together? :hmm:
I haven't done so in ages either, though, I'll give it a go soon-ish. :) I could let you know if I notice any big differences to using products that don't belong together.

lapushka
December 7th, 2015, 11:22 AM
I think the logic behind that is that if you use 'cones, you might want to use the same set shampoo to avoid build-up because they're designed to work together? :hmm:
I haven't done so in ages either, though, I'll give it a go soon-ish. :) I could let you know if I notice any big differences to using products that don't belong together.

No she was talking about the pH leveling out between the two. ;) So it's not about the silicones.

Klaudia
December 7th, 2015, 11:51 AM
In the video she spoke about pH level, but avoiding build-up sounds reasonable, too. Maybe they both happen. After I finish my current stuff, I will try it. It hooked my mind. :D

missblueeyes
December 8th, 2015, 02:40 AM
No she was talking about the pH leveling out between the two. ;) So it's not about the silicones.

Well, alrighty then. Since I reintroduced silicones, I'm constantly thinking of them so that's why I'm so biased. :lol:
It just doesn't make much sense to me because using something too basic to wash your hair with isn't actually that beneficial because it roughens up the cuticle. If you NEED something acidic afterwards, well, what can I say... It doesn't sound safe for colour-treated hair, to say the least. (same goes for hair specific soap if anyone is wondering).

Ve
December 11th, 2015, 08:55 AM
I use OGX and I actually use the set of shampoo and conditioner. I find that if the product is for volume and fullness or shine. the company has both components working to create that effect. I don't think it makes a big difference if you are just looking to clean your hair but say if you are using a moisture-renewal one both the shampoo and conditioner give a better end result. That is just what I have personally found even though I dilute the shampoo 10-1 or buy the 2in1 shampoo/conditioner (diluted too) and conditioner