PDA

View Full Version : Grown out bangs/fringe is a lot thinner than rest of hair

roman8
December 3rd, 2015, 04:18 PM
Hello everyone, last year in August I got a side bang/fringe cut in and the rest of my hair was kept blunt cut, now that my grown out fringe is catching up with the rest of my hair is is considerable thinner/whispier despite being the same length, what has caused that? It was cut at a slight angle but most of it is a lot thinner not just due to the angle.

Before I had the bang/fringe cut the top of my hair was the thickest part now it's quite see through and thin, is that because it's only just reached longer length and once I've maintained it for a while it should thicken out?

Any suggestions?
Thanks everyone

rhosyn_du
December 4th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Were your bangs layered at all? That could definitely cause them to be thinner, especially toward the ends.

Mufasa
December 4th, 2015, 07:05 PM
The bangs near my temples are thinner in comparison to the rest of my hair. I think that it may be due to heat styling/constant manipulation to get them to look just right. Did you use heat at all? If it is due to heat damage, they may thicken up over time. It could also be because of the cut of the bangs as mentioned by rhosyn_du. The cut must be contributing to the whispiness (a thinning technique may have been used to make them feathery). Maybe a blunt trim after they are a length you are comfortable with will help.