PDA

View Full Version : Woman who never cut her hair...

Neoma
December 2nd, 2015, 11:20 AM
This article... (http://www.refinery29.com/2015/12/98594/rapunzel-long-hair-family?utm_content=everywhere&utm_medium=editorial&utm_campaign=151202-worst-holiday-gifts&utm_source=email)

chen bao jun
December 2nd, 2015, 12:33 PM
I've seen photos of that family before, but never such a kind article going along with the pictures, really an admiring article actually. That was nice to read. Instead of 'oh, you wierdos' it was nice to read 'Tell us your secret.'

The reporter would die of admiration if she saw some of our floor length ladies here at LHC.

RebekahE
December 2nd, 2015, 12:56 PM
That is neat!!
Just avoid the comments. I want to go through and chew out the idiots. It's like seriously?! Grow up! Just because they don't follow the norm doesn't mean they have a mental illness.

chen bao jun
December 2nd, 2015, 01:01 PM
Oh, I never read the comments.

You see, I already know what they will say and I don't want to get aggravated about it. When they aggravate me, they won, because I'm sure they put those comments up there solely to get on people's nerves (having no life, or at least one they dont like)

;)

summergreen
December 2nd, 2015, 01:04 PM
Such a cute picture :) they all have lovely hair.

lapushka
December 2nd, 2015, 01:25 PM
That is such an old story. :) ;) Once in a while it resurfaces, but I doubt these are recent pictures somehow.

Sterlyn
December 2nd, 2015, 01:57 PM
I remember seeing a video of this family a while back.

One scene I found just adorable was Mom walking down the hall and her toddler walking with her, the little one was holding on to Mom's hair for support instead of her hand. Cutest hair thing I've ever seen.

JustPam
December 3rd, 2015, 03:59 AM
The video on the article didn't work for me so I found a couple on youtube, one's saying how their hair length is caused by a "rare genetic condition", hahaha! I mean yeah sure it's a genetic trait, but so is pretty much everything, eye colour, nose shape, height etc, they are speaking about it like it's some kind of mutation :rolleyes:

Also why does she dress all her kids in the same naff clothes? That's more weird IMO :crazyq:

katiekittycat
December 3rd, 2015, 06:15 PM
The mom's hair is so thick! I'm amazed!

ashyash
December 3rd, 2015, 07:09 PM
Very beautiful and well kept hair! I'm especially impressed that the young girls can keep it so healthy and untangled by themselves--when I was that age detangling was challenging enough at a much, much shorter length.

I'm really annoyed with all of the close-minded comments. Growing that long of hair isn't the norm, but that's because it takes a lot of commitment to keep it healthy and beautiful. I don't like how people in the comments are just jumping to hateful generalizations because it's different than what they see every day.

Seeshami
December 3rd, 2015, 07:15 PM
I hope I have the patients to grow mess that long or the peace and feel comfortable in cutting when I just can't do it.

Neoma
December 4th, 2015, 07:24 AM
I hope I have the patients to grow mess that long or the peace and feel comfortable in cutting when I just can't do it.

Beautifully said Seeshami. :flowers:

Mine will never reach those great lengths. Beyond hip, it "fairy tales" to nothingness, so I keep it trimmed to waist. For the most part, I am content with this.

spidermom
December 4th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Good for them.

AmberJewel
December 5th, 2015, 09:39 AM
(Comments section)
Long hair attracts parasites? Really? :thud:
This is a thud of disbelief at the stupidity of some people.
(End of rant).

Entangled
December 5th, 2015, 11:01 AM
(Comments section)
Long hair attracts parasites? Really? :thud:
This is a thud of disbelief at the stupidity of some people.
(End of rant).

Woah! Someone would really say that?

Beckstar
December 5th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Woah! Someone would really say that?

Yes, it was one of the comments a poster made...geesh, wonder if they work for Rid?? Ignorant comment.