PDA

View Full Version : Wedding hair style - which should I wear?

Sarahlabyrinth
December 1st, 2015, 02:17 PM
I am getting married to my SO, my beloved this Friday and I have been trying out a couple of hair styles. I will be wearing a floaty tunic and floaty trousers in pale blues (wedding will be held in the Registry offices with just two witnesses, so as basic as it gets). So which of these styles do you like the best?

Western/Victorian style with pretty Victorian hair comb, or loose braid waves with StellaKatherine's beautiful flower clip?

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/DSCF5785.jpg

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/DSCF5781.jpg

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/DSCF5799.jpg

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/DSCF5127.jpg

AspenSong
December 1st, 2015, 02:22 PM
Congrats!!! :) Many happy wishes!!
And I totally say braid waves and flower clip!! Both styles are beautiful, but I just love your hair down. <3

bunneh.
December 1st, 2015, 02:23 PM
I love both hairstyles, they look gorgeous... I'd say it depends on what you want, first one looks more fancy and glamorous to me, second one is more simple, but still very pretty. I'd probably pick the first one, since weddings are a more special occasion. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
December 1st, 2015, 02:27 PM
I am tending towards the first one at the moment, as you rightly say, weddings are more special, but I would love all your opinions :)

MeAndTheMaz
December 1st, 2015, 02:29 PM
Congratulations on the pending nuptials! :bottomsup:

I'm not the biggest fan of intricate 'dos, so I'd say go with the braid waves. And I have to agree with AspenSong, your hair looks fantastic down.

neko_kawaii
December 1st, 2015, 02:30 PM
*squee* Congratulations!

I really like both, so I am no help there.

lapushka
December 1st, 2015, 02:31 PM
I'd say up, because you'd be freer to move around without the hair on your back; just more practical.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 1st, 2015, 02:33 PM
Yes there is the practicality aspect, we will be out for a celebratory meal afterwards.

Seventy7
December 1st, 2015, 02:33 PM
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

I can imagine you have a hard time choosing a style, because they're both really pretty! So my first advice would be: which makes you feel really pretty? If it's both or either, the next question would be: which makes you feel more like you?
You should be the happiest you can be, so you should wear it however it makes you happy.

I do love the innocence of the braid waves with flower clip. It looks lovely and fairy-like. That should be gorgeous with your outfit.

On the other hand - the vicorian style has a bit more edge and looks fun. It might be more practical with it being bunned. Ofcourse practical isn't required...

I'm no help, sorry.
I do wish you a wonderful day, celebrating the love you have in your life.

parkmikii
December 1st, 2015, 02:34 PM
Last one! It shows off your gorgeous length and it is just perfect for the season as well. If the wedding would have been in the summer I'd have went for the updo as it keeps you cool in the warmth of the day, but as that is not needed in the winter, I'd suggest the braid waves ♥
Also, congratulations! :bottomsup:

Lunakka
December 1st, 2015, 02:38 PM
I love the second one, beautiful!

Groovy Granny
December 1st, 2015, 02:43 PM
Congrats and blessings :flowers:

The updo is beautiful, but I tend to go for the pretty, soft, romantic, wave style :)

You will be beautiful either way :thumbsup:

Sarahlabyrinth
December 1st, 2015, 02:43 PM
Last one! It shows off your gorgeous length and it is just perfect for the season as well. If the wedding would have been in the summer I'd have went for the updo as it keeps you cool in the warmth of the day, but as that is not needed in the winter, I'd suggest the braid waves ♥
Also, congratulations! :bottomsup:

It is summer here :p and thank you :)

Wavelength
December 1st, 2015, 02:48 PM
I personally prefer the second style for looks, but I'm going to recommend the updo for practicality. It's summer there, and you're going to be eating afterward. You don't want your hair tangled/hot/messy/getting in the way.

Both styles are lovely!

Entangled
December 1st, 2015, 03:17 PM
I like the first one; it has more flair.

Congrstulations!

parkmikii
December 1st, 2015, 03:23 PM
It is summer here :p and thank you :)

Oh darn, I'm from Europe and I didn't think of that XD
Then the first one would be more practical indeed :D

Saldana
December 1st, 2015, 03:30 PM
Congratulations! :)

Both styles are lovely, but the first one might be 1) more 'fancy' for the special occasion, and 2) more practical - cooler if it is hot outside, and if you're going out to eat afterwards, it will already be up and out of your way. Plus, there will probably be lots of hugging and what not - your gorgeous hair might be safer at least partly in an updo. :)

Arctic
December 1st, 2015, 03:36 PM
Which looks better from the front? Which makes you feel extremely beautiful?

lillielil
December 1st, 2015, 03:37 PM
They are both lovely! Do you usually wear your hair up or down? I would pick the one closer to your day-to-day style so that you look and feel like yourself :)

Robot Ninja
December 1st, 2015, 03:39 PM
I love the first style but I love the flower clip too. The pink looks beautiful with your hair color. /not really helping.

And congratulations! :bottomsup:

Sarahlabyrinth
December 1st, 2015, 03:47 PM
Which looks better from the front? Which makes you feel extremely beautiful?

Both! :p

I love the first style but I love the flower clip too. The pink looks beautiful with your hair color. /not really helping.

Hehehe!

And congratulations! :bottomsup:

Thank you!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 1st, 2015, 03:48 PM
They are both lovely! Do you usually wear your hair up or down? I would pick the one closer to your day-to-day style so that you look and feel like yourself :)

I usually wear my hair up, as it gets in the way/tangles and gets too hot when I wear it down ;)

lillielil
December 1st, 2015, 03:54 PM
I usually wear my hair up, as it gets in the way/tangles and gets too hot when I wear it down ;)

Then I vote for the first style!

Anecdotal comment regarding my suggestion: At the advice of everyone, I wore contacts at my wedding instead of my regular glasses. The woman in all the pictures looks lovely, but she doesn't look like me. I wish that I had stayed more true to my regular style. I also wish I hadn't worn a sock bun, but that's another story!

Ingrid
December 1st, 2015, 04:20 PM
They both look absolutely stunning, Sarahlabyrinth! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding :)

I think the half-up style says "wedding" more than the second style to me.

Arctic
December 1st, 2015, 04:26 PM
Both! :p

Then I'll vote for the 1st, it's like from the Gone With The Wind, very romantic and unique style! I hope the day will be perfect!

Deborah
December 1st, 2015, 04:27 PM
I like the second style, down and wavy, way more. I think it is beautiful! (I don't like that particular updo too much.)

papayatree
December 1st, 2015, 04:47 PM
Second one is my vote. Show off your pride in your hair! And here is a :toast: to a happy Marriage!

Amenahh
December 1st, 2015, 04:54 PM
Congratulations, I hope you have a great time!!
I give a big vote to the second picture, I think your hair down looks magical!

Becs
December 1st, 2015, 05:01 PM
I vote for the second one! The first one is very beautiful, but as someone who almost never wears their hair down (and I think you wear your hair up most of the time as well) wearing my hair down makes it feel like a very special occasion, which of course your wedding is!! Your hair looks absolutely beautiful in the half down photo, and I adore the flowers as well. Whatever you decide, congratulations on your impending nuptials! I wish you both a lifetime of happiness

goneJackal
December 1st, 2015, 05:16 PM
Both are beautiful! I like the second look better.
Updos are really a trend in weddings, but I don't really understand why so.

My vote is for the second, but only if you think it won't get uncomfortably hot. Nothing matches comfort.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 1st, 2015, 05:18 PM
Thank you all :) So far the voting is in favour of the first style :) Any more votes to come? :)

browneyedsusan
December 1st, 2015, 05:25 PM
Wear the one that makes you feel beautiful. :)
They're both lovely. :crush:

goneJackal
December 1st, 2015, 05:32 PM
And congratulations! http://www.felipesv.com/forum/k_feliz.gif

Sarahlabyrinth
December 1st, 2015, 05:34 PM
Wear the one that makes you feel beautiful. :)
They're both lovely. :crush:

And congratulations! http://www.felipesv.com/forum/k_feliz.gif

Thank you ;)

winship2
December 1st, 2015, 05:37 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :thud::thud: I have been admiring your hair so much recently in your signature. I say braid waves! So beautiful, and it sounds like it may be more harmonious with the floatiness of your outfit. Your hair is so special, show it off on this special day! But whatever you choose, feel beautiful inside and out, and may you be very happy together!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 1st, 2015, 05:39 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :thud::thud: I have been admiring your hair so much recently in your signature. I say braid waves! So beautiful, and it sounds like it may be more harmonious with the floatiness of your outfit. Your hair is so special, show it off on this special day! But whatever you choose, feel beautiful inside and out, and may you be very happy together!

Thank you :) You are lovely ;)

pailin
December 1st, 2015, 05:44 PM
I love them both; I don't know which to say. I luke the second better, but the first is a little mire formal, and cooler. But congratulations! That's great news.

Windflower
December 1st, 2015, 06:01 PM
Congratulations!:flower: I love both styles, but I do favor the one with the beautiful braid waves showing off your length. You look lovely and your hair is so pretty. Whichever one you choose will be wonderful.

turtlelover
December 1st, 2015, 06:01 PM
I definitely like the 2nd! Your hair looks so pretty worn down!

thelaundress
December 1st, 2015, 07:36 PM
The braid waves down is gorgeous, and, if you care, the bride wearing her hair down is a very, very old tradition.

TaterTot
December 1st, 2015, 07:44 PM
flower clip & down!

Vanilla
December 1st, 2015, 07:52 PM
Congrats!!!! So happy for you both. I am in favor of the first one. I think that comb looks so fantastic in your hair, and it is such an elegant style.

xbanannax
December 1st, 2015, 07:59 PM
Congratulations! I like the first one better. It's fancy, messy and sexy rolled into one. A little something more special than the second one. The second is beautiful, because your hair is gorgeous, but more plain.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 1st, 2015, 08:09 PM
The braid waves down is gorgeous, and, if you care, the bride wearing her hair down is a very, very old tradition.

Really? (Goes off to Google it.....) :)

So it is, it signifies virginity and sexual availability. But women marrying a second time would wear their hair covered.

Ingrid
December 1st, 2015, 09:27 PM
Updos in weddings are a trend because no-one wants to get hair in their face on their special day! :lol:

AmberJewel
December 1st, 2015, 09:40 PM
Hmm. They both have their benefits. Have you considered a half-up version that combines them both? That way the hair's out of your face, it looks more fancy, and you still get to show off your length! I don't even know if that's possible, but it's a thought.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 1st, 2015, 09:44 PM
Hmm. They both have their benefits. Have you considered a half-up version that combines them both? That way the hair's out of your face, it looks more fancy, and you still get to show off your length! I don't even know if that's possible, but it's a thought.

Now there's a thought....I have to decide by tomorrow evening so I can set my hair for the appropriate degree of wave/curl.

RavenMane
December 2nd, 2015, 12:34 AM
Waves waves! I vote waves. Congratulations, how fun :)

hypersensitive
December 2nd, 2015, 12:36 AM
Congrats! The first one seems like it could be a half up. The first style looks very appropriate for a wedding!

Chocowalnut
December 2nd, 2015, 01:16 AM
I vote the second one, your hair looks beautiful like that and I love the clip.

Waffle
December 2nd, 2015, 01:56 AM
They all look great but I think the first one looks like the best.

Kake
December 2nd, 2015, 05:04 AM
Congratulations.

I vote for the second style. I think it is romantic and ethereal, and anyone who sees you will know you're the bride.

yvsa
December 2nd, 2015, 05:33 AM
I like the second style. It shows your beautiful hair and length the best, in my opinion.

And congratulations :flowers:

Mirabele
December 2nd, 2015, 05:37 AM
congratulations with your upcoming wedding! you have beautiful hair. i love the second one with your hair down, but both styles are pretty and festive.

sugar&nutmeg
December 2nd, 2015, 06:49 AM
Will you be outside at all? Will/might it be breezy/windy? If so, then a style which will hold up to the breeze would be my choice--whichever style that is.

While the updo in your first pics (lovely) might not get into tangly trouble as readily as the braidwaves/down do, would the updo still look 'tidy' (as tidy as it had started out) by the time you sit down for your wedding meal?

The trouble with fancy soft updos (as I recall--I'm growing out from short again) was that they had a tendency to ease into disarray, given the slightest opportunity!

I might go for an updo, for the sake of coolness and control--and safety for the hair--but perhaps a more contained updo that could stand up to any weather which might occur. Perhaps a soft crown braid with ribbons?

VisionOne
December 2nd, 2015, 06:59 AM
Congratulations Saralabyrinth! Both hairstyles are stunning, but I think that the first one would look the nicest. The hair comb will also match your blue outfit :)

StellaKatherine
December 2nd, 2015, 07:04 AM
Ohh Sarahlabyrinth! I am so happy to hear about your upcoming wedding! I am sure you will be the most gorgeous bride! To be honest with your amazing goddess like hair, you could wear it in what ever way and look to die for gorgeous! I like both the hair up and hair down on you! The only thing I would say... this would be amazing moment to show off the length of your hair.

I wish you to have the most amazing day! :flowers:

Isilme
December 2nd, 2015, 08:39 AM
Definitely down! First, it's rare for women to have such long hair, third, to wear it down, and last for a woman who's not a teenager it's very, very uncommon to wear long hair down. If you have time between the ceremony and the dinner you could put it up before eating.

cat11
December 2nd, 2015, 08:45 AM
I definitely like the second one the best. It looks the most wedding like to me.

meteor
December 2nd, 2015, 08:51 AM
Yay! Congratulations, Saralabyrinth! :joy: I am so happy to hear about your upcoming wedding! :happydance:
Both hairstyles are stunning. The first on is more formal and has interesting details, the second one is more goddess-like and romantic. I'd absolutely wear both! I don't even know why choose if both can be rocked (one if it's outside and windy and the other inside), so you can have different looks at different times and different pictures taken. Both styles work on similarly curled texture and it would probably take just a minute or two to go from up to down. :thumbsup: I vote for both! :D
Your hair is absolutely stunning and thud-worthy, by the way! :thudpile:

I wish you the most wonderful wedding day and great, happy marriage, Sarahlabyrinth! :toast:

Circe Invidiosa
December 2nd, 2015, 10:14 AM
Dear Sarah, I feel a bit awkward responding to this thread as I have only just registered. I however have been reading along for a while and your stories always seem to stick with me, especially the grief you've experienced and the lack of understanding from your family about your desire for long hair. On the other hand you have met the most wonderful person who supports you fully and fills you with joy. It may not be my place to comment on this as a newbie, but I wish you both all the happiness in the world, and congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

As for the hairstyle: I love the second style. It shows off your gorgeous length and it has an ethereal, yet playful character. Maybe you can come up with a simpler version of the first, so you can still wear it up and out of the way during dinner?

Sarahlabyrinth
December 2nd, 2015, 12:24 PM
Wow, thank you all :) I am now thinking to keep things simple and just wear the braid waves! (not that it shows stunning length, it shortens the length plus anyway hair isn't long enough yet, lol), but I am not one to fuss with hair and the braid waves would be by far the easiest thing to do. And SK's flower clip is so pretty too. And I can always put my hair up after the ceremony because I know it will begin to annoy me at some stage, I will just take a fork with me.

Thank you all for your compliments, best wishes and opinions. I have enjoyed reading every single one of them. Circe Invidiosa, welcome to the LHC and thank you for your lovely comments also ;) I hope you will enjoy the informative and very friendly forum :) No need to feel awkward in the slightest, I was very happy to hear what you had to say :)

TrapperCreekD
December 2nd, 2015, 02:45 PM
:thudpile::thudpile: Both are stunning! When I picture the braidwaves and the tunic, the word ethereal comes to mind. Congrats!

ETA: What kind of curls did you use for the updo?

Crystawni
December 2nd, 2015, 06:02 PM
Oh, wow, Sarahlabyrinth! Congrats on your nuptials tomorrow! :happydance: I'm soooo happy for you both!

I'm a bit late here, but for your snapshot in time, I'd go the second pic with braidwaves with the beautiful flower clip (blooms for a blooming bride). The style signifies your freedom more (to me) while you get hitched (bit of an oxymoron)! A little knot (halfup) in your hair, like the knot of marriage, which shows you are you, but joining with another. Nothing fancy, just very soft and gentle (like you). I think it would suit what you plan to wear, too.

I hope you have a wonderful ceremony, and loads of yummies and drinks to celebrate! No matter what you decide, you'll make a gorgeous bride!

silvurgrin
December 2nd, 2015, 06:12 PM
Congrats, Sarahlabyrinth!

My vote is for the braid waves and flower clip. Yeah, it's simple, but it's very beautiful, and shows off your length really well. I've always thought you have beautiful hair, and this is a perfect way to show it off!

Nadine <3
December 2nd, 2015, 08:28 PM
My vote is for the last one! You can always put a stick or a fork in the car or in a handbag if your hair gets annoying you can just throw it up!

Sarahlabyrinth
December 2nd, 2015, 09:50 PM
:thudpile::thudpile: Both are stunning! When I picture the braidwaves and the tunic, the word ethereal comes to mind. Congrats!

ETA: What kind of curls did you use for the updo?

I did curls using paper towels from the kitchen...lol. There are tutorials on YouTube for them :)

Sarahlabyrinth
December 2nd, 2015, 09:52 PM
Braidwaves it is! ;) Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions and kindness in helping me make up my mind. Am sitting here tonight with a SMT happening before washing and braiding overnight ;)

I think you will get some pics:p

Ellethwyn
December 2nd, 2015, 10:11 PM
Congratulations! I think the second one would look great with the outfit you described. Your hair looks gorgeous!

goneJackal
December 2nd, 2015, 10:42 PM
I think you will get some pics:p

Yes, please! http://www.felipesv.com/forum/k_sorriso.gif

MsPharaohMoan
December 2nd, 2015, 11:55 PM
This is the happiest thread! Thank you for posting and getting me all excited for you. I'm glad you decided to show length... I wonder if after you put your hair up for dinner you forget it's even there.

:pegasus::beercheer::puppy::heartbeat:smooch:

Sarahlabyrinth
December 3rd, 2015, 12:02 AM
This is the happiest thread! Thank you for posting and getting me all excited for you. I'm glad you decided to show length... I wonder if after you put your hair up for dinner you forget it's even there.

:pegasus::beercheer::puppy::heartbeat:smooch:

Heh, thank you! I am pretty happy, that's for sure ;) I will probably put my hair up sometime after the ceremony. Hope to get photos first though :)

Thank you - all of you - for your good wishes and congratulations, it's humbling :)

pailin
December 3rd, 2015, 03:10 AM
I think we're all glad to get to share a little in your joy :)

LemonFizzy
December 3rd, 2015, 08:29 AM
Congratulations and best wishes for a relaxed and enjoyable time during your wedding! Definitely interested in pictures of the day.

I would have voted for the braid waves down, but only because I enjoy your length shots. Which you just shared with us. :cool:

Both styles are lovely and very you.

summergreen
December 3rd, 2015, 12:37 PM
Ohh congratulations, wishing you a wonderful day! Both styles look stunning, you have beautiful hair :)

Crystawni
December 3rd, 2015, 05:44 PM
Thinking of you on this special day, Sarahlabyrinth! :toast:

Groovy Granny
December 3rd, 2015, 05:46 PM
Have a joyous day Sarah; looking forward to your pics :popcorn: