PDA

View Full Version : Can my length be cut accurately with my hair combed backwards laying behind my back?

JCM
November 28th, 2015, 01:25 PM
http://creativefan.com/important/cf/2013/01/mens-long-hairstyles/long-image-patis.jpg

http://skinrich.info/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/long-hair-back-view-layered-long-hair-back-view.jpg

I occasionally wear my hair parted in the middle but my job will only allow for me to comb/brush it backwards and tie it in a pony tail.

Do I have to wear it parted in the middle when I go to the salon to cut my length or can I just comb/brush it backwards and have it laying behind my back?

Will doing the latter cause it to be cut unevenly?

If the salon knows what they are doing then it really should not matter or does the way I wear it affect the perspective of the person cutting my hair?

The last thing I want is for it to be cut unevenly and be uneven on the rare occasion when I part it in the middle and wear it down.

ETA:

The 3 above pictures are not my actual hair. Just pictures of hair similar to mine I found online.

Entangled
November 28th, 2015, 03:42 PM
Most stylists will part your hair in the middle to cut, even when you have a side part like me. I don't think you should worry too much about it, if I understand what you're saying. You're comparing leaving hair unparted vs. parted in the middle?

lapushka
November 28th, 2015, 03:51 PM
I think the stylist will know what to do. Just make sure you tell them how you part your hair, so they can cut & style accordingly.

Why not use Feye's self-trimming method?

JCM
November 28th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Most stylists will part your hair in the middle to cut, even when you have a side part like me. I don't think you should worry too much about it, if I understand what you're saying. You're comparing leaving hair unparted vs. parted in the middle?

Yes. I would prefer to have my hair ready for the easiest possible scenario for easy accurate straight trimming.

JCM
November 28th, 2015, 10:54 PM
I think the stylist will know what to do. Just make sure you tell them how you part your hair, so they can cut & style accordingly.

Why not use Feye's self-trimming method?

Will do. I'm not sure I could trim it myself.

CurlyCap
November 28th, 2015, 11:15 PM
I used to do ask stylists to do this when I was a teenager. They don't like to, and I don't understand why. I think because the canopy layer ends up being so much longer than the rest of your hair, so if you do choose to wear it another way, it would look weird.

But after I reassured them a thousand times that I almost always wear my hair to the back, they would finally cut it. It's actually less work for them as well.

Arctic
November 29th, 2015, 07:20 AM
When I still went to salons, I told them I like to change my parts, and they made the cut so, that all parts (why no also no-part) would work. I really liked that.

lapushka
November 29th, 2015, 07:46 AM
When I still went to salons, I told them I like to change my parts, and they made the cut so, that all parts (why no also no-part) would work. I really liked that.

Yes, but is it still a blunt cut then or is it slightly layered in front? Because to me that would seem impossible to do without a tad bit of layering.

Arctic
November 29th, 2015, 08:26 AM
Well my hairtype back then was straight and on the thin side, and did best with blunt-ish cuts. The overall look and feel of this cut was blunt, but there were some layers, because they moved the part several times while they cut (both sides, and middle). I'm sure a skilled hair stylist can take the hairtype into consideration, and give more layering to thick, more voluminous hair. My point was, that when a professional does the haircut, it doesn't need to be set-in-stone-part (or set-in-stone-no-part), but it can be a multipart, multistyling kind of cut.

spidermom
November 29th, 2015, 10:26 AM
I change up my part or pull straight back depending on day and mood, and my stylists usually part straight down the middle for cuts. It works fine no matter what I decide to do with my hair.

lapushka
November 29th, 2015, 11:12 AM
I change up my part or pull straight back depending on day and mood, and my stylists usually part straight down the middle for cuts. It works fine no matter what I decide to do with my hair.

Yep, if you cut it with a middle part, it will be great with side parts, that's why I don't get the way they cut for multiple parts. :confused:

Arctic
November 29th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Maybe it is different with shorter hair, which I mostly had at the time. And of course, like always, there are many ways, many methods to cut hair.

spidermom
November 29th, 2015, 04:02 PM
Be sure to tell the stylist the front needs to be long enough to pull back, and the stylist should do the right thing.