PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Secret Shampoo

ladyshep
November 26th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Has anyone tried any Victoria Secret shampoos and conditioners? Are they any good?

DweamGoiL
November 26th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Do you have a list of ingredients?

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
November 26th, 2015, 12:10 PM
I tried one years ago and liked it at the time. I remember it made my hair really soft and bouncy. I think it was the "sexy body" one? Something like that.

Chocowalnut
November 26th, 2015, 12:24 PM
No but I've seen them in the store before and thought they looked really appealing haha.. I'd like to know if they're any good, too.

hypersensitive
November 26th, 2015, 12:45 PM
They are okay. Nothing crazy. They smell really good though. I'm a drugstore kind of gal so it was expensive. I got the color treated shampoo because it was the only one without sulphates and I used it when I box dyed my hair. The shampoo was kinda creamy and lathered up pretty well. I used the Victoria's Secret So Sexy Shampoo, FYI

endlessly
November 26th, 2015, 01:53 PM
They had a deep conditioner - can't recall the name, but it was a pinky-purple tube (that probably didn't help!) - that I purchased once a long time ago. It was okay, very heavily laden with silicones that really weighed my hair down, so I never ended up repurchasing it. A friend of mine from a few years ago swore by their volumizing shampoo/conditioner line, but I never purchased it due to my hair being too thick for it to benefit.

lapushka
November 26th, 2015, 02:16 PM
They had a deep conditioner - can't recall the name, but it was a pinky-purple tube (that probably didn't help!) - that I purchased once a long time ago. It was okay, very heavily laden with silicones that really weighed my hair down, so I never ended up repurchasing it. A friend of mine from a few years ago swore by their volumizing shampoo/conditioner line, but I never purchased it due to my hair being too thick for it to benefit.

"Volumizing" shampoos are sometimes another way of saying, "a sulfate shampoo without silicones". Pantene's volumizing shampoo is about the only one without silicones, apart from their clarifying formula and the Aqua Light.

renia22
November 26th, 2015, 04:06 PM
I have this shampoo and conditioner in the volumizing forumla, and I love them both. They smell similar to "The Fragrance" (in the pink bottle), but I think the haircare might smell a little better. Vey floral and fragrant. They do contain some light conditioning ingredients, and leave my hair clean and shiny, but not feeing weighed down or coated. I don't use them all the time because it's basically like perfume for your hair, and I'm not always in the mood for that. However when you hug people, you will catch them sneaking whiffs of your hair. The serum is very nice also. The weightless oil is okay, you get a decent sized bottle, but even a tiny bit weighs my hair right down and makes it look greasy, so I only use it at night. I've read good things about the mask but haven't tried it myself. They've changed the formulas and packaging a few times over the years, as well as products offered, so I'm going by what I bought about a year ago. Good stuff, I'm a fan :)