PDA

View Full Version : Manic Panic!

Arwenlily
November 23rd, 2015, 06:53 PM
Hey guys!

So just as everyone else, Nadine inspired me to try to dye my ends purple! My hair is very dark so I figured the color wouldn't take too much except on my ends where the color is lighter. I bought manic panic plum passion and applied if only on my ends and left it on for about 45 minutes. I don't know if this is how long you are supposed to leave it on for but I watched some videos that suggested this time.

I rinsed my hair with cold water, let it dry and my hair doesn't look much different but in the light it dazzles a beautiful purple, which I love. Also, my hair is so silky and smooth!

Now, I'd like to ask you lovely ladies and gents two questions about Manic Panic:
1) I didn't use all of the jar, can I use it in a couple of weeks when the color fades?
2) How often can I use it? It made my hair feel wonderful and I love the color, can I color my hair like once a month?

Chocowalnut
November 23rd, 2015, 07:06 PM
You can use it as much as you want, it has a conditioning effect and is good for your hair. You can also leave it in overnight if you want to, and yes you can resuse the rest of your jar later. I've used half the jar and then the other half a month or so later.

SparkleToes
November 24th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Yeah chocowalnut summed it up. It's a veggie dye so you can use it as much as you like :) you can even put some in a white conditioner to refresh your color in the shower

Arctic
November 24th, 2015, 01:24 PM
The jar stays fine for a veeery long time, even a jar opened over a year ago has been as good as new. Once I had a jar that was probably close two years since its opening, and its smell has started to change, so I took that as a sign it's not good anymore.

(I might add, that I never touch the stuff in the jar with my fingers, or with anything dirty; only with clean spatula or spoon. I store it in a dark place.)

ETA: OOPS, I actually haven't used Manic Panic, but La Riche Directions. Sorry! I have kind of started to use manic panic as a general term for shock colours, so I wrote this reply without really thinking first.

SexyWitch
November 24th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Will the color show on dark hair?

Arwenlily
November 24th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Thanks guys, that's awesome! I had no idea. I will likely use this color again once what I have on now fades. I absolutely love it and I'm so happy I can use it whenever I want.

Arwenlily
November 24th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Will the color show on dark hair?

It isn't very bright but gives beautiful color in the light and in the sun. I can noticeably see the difference but it is not that significant to anyone else.