PDA

View Full Version : That weird flat part at end of your part at the back of your head? How to fix?

anonymous_owl
November 23rd, 2015, 05:15 PM
I've been having that problem for a few months now, my part doesn't go all the way back. I comb it together after I take a shower and it still somehow comes back. How can I fix this?

RavenMane
November 23rd, 2015, 05:51 PM
I have this too. There is a thread on the Mane Forum called - Headbanging as styling method- you should read that, it might help your hair be more manageable at the crown!

mermaid lullaby
November 24th, 2015, 10:14 PM
I have that too, and am always playing with that section.

spidermom
November 24th, 2015, 10:17 PM
I don't know what you're talking about, so I guess I don't have it. Got a picture?

Nadine <3
November 24th, 2015, 10:51 PM
I'm not 100% sure what you're talking about. Do you mean you're hair parts weird at the crown, almost like you have a tiny bald spot? Mine does that, it's just the way my hair lays and it's thin so it's noticeable. I wear my hair up so much, it doesn't bother me a whole lot. I only notice it in hair photos sometimes.

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
November 24th, 2015, 10:54 PM
Are you talking about at your crown where your hair swirl is? Mine separates there too and shows a bit of scalp if I don't arrange it just right. It's annoying, I don't know what to do about it other than just arrange the hair just so and use bobby pins to keep it in place if need be.

Mufasa
November 25th, 2015, 08:37 AM
I think that I know what you are talking about . . . it's a little bit of hair that lies flat against your part at the very end. It is probably caused by the way that you sleep. I would suggest filling up a spray bottle with water and spraying it until it is wet, then adjusting it the way that you want it with a comb or brush. This way, you don't have to wash it so frequently. It's also helpful if you are short on time.

lapushka
November 25th, 2015, 09:27 AM
My hair is really thick in back, so I don't get that. I do have a double crown in back (and it's wavy), but my hair has never parted weird there, not at longer lengths anyway. Shorter? Yes, definitely and the waves totally can mess up short hair on me.

Knifegill
November 25th, 2015, 09:29 AM
That's called a cowlick!

Buttercup1223
November 27th, 2015, 09:55 PM
I have one of those and I hate it! Like when you part your hair but it seems like the part wants to go all the way back down the back part. I think it's like a cowlick too or a back part. Here is a youtube video I found a while ago that tries to teach you how to fix it. It probably helps a bit. I can usually do good with first day washed hair but second day hair forget it that back part is horrible and my hair won't stay together. I try to tease it together but that's not good for your hair and my fine hair doesn't tease good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62_DphnQwuU