PDA

View Full Version : My grow out journal

Obsidian
November 19th, 2015, 02:09 PM
My hair has grown out quite a lot since I cut it all off this spring. Its in the messy, can't do anything with it stage. I've spent most of my life chemically straightening it and haven't quite gotten the hang of proper curl care. Any tips or suggestion appreciated and also wondering if I got my hair type right?

Wet, fluffed by hand
http://i63.tinypic.com/28sa2l5.jpg

Natural roots
http://i65.tinypic.com/idtc7p.jpg

Sarahlabyrinth
November 19th, 2015, 02:40 PM
Maybe you don't see your hair as others do. I think your hair is beautiful! Such wonderful curls, so pretty!

lapushka
November 19th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Gorgeous, but you might want to make a blog instead of doing this here, just a suggestion. The blogs are more suited to this type of thing. :flower:

Obsidian
November 19th, 2015, 04:26 PM
Thanks and you are right, I don't see it as being pretty at all. I dislike my natural color and my too tight curls, I'm really hoping length will relax the curls some.

Don't really want to write a blog, I'll edit my post instead.

jazzhands
November 19th, 2015, 10:20 PM
I think it looks adorable, and you're probably right about the length weighing down the curls some. The first growing out stage is always the most difficult, so keep at it! :) My bob was an atrocitiy, but now everything looks so much better. Don't lose hope.

MeAndTheMaz
November 19th, 2015, 10:39 PM
"Too tight curls"? Is there really such a thing? Personally, I think it's going to look awesome when it grows out. :thumbsup:

hennalonghair
November 20th, 2015, 05:40 AM
Your hair looks great. Not sure if you need any advice from us. You seem to be doing just fine

vpatt
November 22nd, 2015, 10:17 AM
Those curls are awesome!

vpatt
November 22nd, 2015, 10:48 AM
Double post

Obsidian
November 22nd, 2015, 10:55 AM
Thanks, I have a love/hate relationship with my curls. The ones at my nap get really tight when dry but the ones on the side relax a little, I just wish I had the same curl pattern all over.